• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Break PC performance thread

TimmiT

H5kowfy.png

Nope.

Wtf, you have to be able to turn that shit off. There is absolutely no reason for a PC game to use that technique by default. People don't buy high end cards to get upscaled graphics.

I wonder what happens if you use DSR. NB: This is possible with UWAs, you just have to set your desktop resolution appropriately.

wtf im updated to windows 10 and i cant buy ANY game like QB or GOW UE ect, help?
There have been similar problems in the Killer Instinct thread here on Gaf. People resolved only by re-installing the OS with the media creation tool if i am not mistaken.

wazoo

I hope this will get sorted, not because of W10, UWP, or whatever, but because Remedy deserve a version of its game that runs well

Kezen

Banned
Yeah I'm not an IQ maven but this is decidedly not native 1080p.
Quantum-Break-PC_3.png

It still looks good but sadly the IQ is subpar by PC standards.

Sure thing, he should. But he not sick this flag onto the full prodcut then if it's not clear what the issue is.

I'm not sure how he did that. He made a point of comparison which isn't really refuted by the fact it's working better now.

That's actually how Arkham Knight was as well. Flawless sometimes and utter shit otherwise.

BiggNife

I hope this will get sorted, not because of W10, UWP, or whatever, but because Remedy deserve a version of its game that runs well

I just hope this gets sorted because I have no intention of buying an Xbone any time soon but I want to play this. I'm sure a lot of other people are in the same boat.

derFeef

Quantum-Break-PC_3.png

Either it's really bad or maybe do not move the camera (or disable motion blur) when you make a screenshot.
Source of images?

Cdgilbert

Windows store says 'To use this, you need to upgrade windows' and 'This app needs hardware that your device doesn't have'

I have windows 10 and 980Ti

The IQ on PC seems pretty bad.
Does not look like native 1080p to me, same reconstruction technique used on Xbox One ?

I told y'all that you couldn't just rip out a core rendering technique, even for a PC port, without significant reverse engineering.

Also, the source of Kezen's shots seems to be WCCFTech

prudislav

as expected these live action TV parts are buffering more than actually playing even on college 100mpbps connection :-D

Someone must have switched the $ and € prices by accident, because it's hilarious that dollar price equals ~55€. Dollar = Euro is one thing but actually more in Euros than Dollars?

What?

Kezen

Banned
For all its faults Arkham Knight at least rendered natively at whatever resolution you set.

I won't put with resolution upscaling on PC, sorry Remedy but standards are standards.
I'll wait for a price drop.

SomTervo

Windows store says 'To use this, you need to upgrade windows' and 'This app needs hardware that your device doesn't have'

Go into settings and force a Windows Update. Often it doesn't tell you when you're truly up to date. It will work after that.

Yep I had the same problem. Win 10, 970, 4690k and 16gb of RAM. Apparently my system isn't up to snuff for Gears of War. ;)

At this point I'm done being angry at MS' perceptible contempt for PC gaming and their incompetence at delivering good products. That's because both of these approaches will combine to kill games as UWAs and all of our worries about them destroying PC gaming will be over. At their current light-speed pace of stupidity, it shouldn't take too long either.

Onward Microsoft! Excelsior!!!!!

kinggroin

Banned
They make good games but they have been well and truly fucked on this one. I have a feeling that this will be their last dance with Microsoft.

Is the fate of the performance of the game, not in their own hands?

Catch me up here, cause I feel like I'm missing information.

Maxed out at 1440p.. as others have said IQ is not greatest but could be worse.

It's hard to say with this game, since I don't know if they had been standing still long enough for the reconstruction thing to kick in, but there's no way that's 1440p, but there's no way it's 720p either, with the detail on Jack's zipper. You can see the individual teeth. I'm sure that detail would be lost at 720p.

bathsalts

Quantum-Break-PC_3.png

Glaucoma simulator 2016, so soft I can barely read the text on the monitor 3 fucking feet away from the player.

Top Bottom