• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quantum Error is currently running at 4K 65-70 FPS unoptimized on the PS5

Dibils2k

Not everything needs to be antagonized into a war. Especially throwing stones while living in a glass house.
in ignorant fanboy eyes: this means Cyberpunk and gta6 will run 4k/60+ easily!

Kerotan

Dusk Golem took a huge L. Era stay losing!
Did they ban him on era? Surely all that xbox defence force bullshit deserved a perma. Or does he fit their pro xbox narrative over there? I wonder how much MS is paying the admins at era. Regardless it ain't going to help their sales.

Hunnybun

I know that model of the monster looks shit but otherwise I thought the graphics on this game looked decent enough, given the 4k60. If it has RT as well that'd be fairly impressive.

Agree about the crappy fire effects, though, they need to touch those up for sure.

geordiemp

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

VFXVeteran

Banned
I'm very skeptical of how someone asked about the Cerny RT features and then they said "we are going to do it all". People could be misled to mean that they will have a game running all RT features @4k/60FPS. And that's not happening on today's current hardware. I wonder if they mean they will implement all the RT features in the UE4 renderer and then scale back as needed to hit target resolutions and FPS. That sounds much more believable.

MrS

Banned
Did they ban him on era? Surely all that xbox defence force bullshit deserved a perma. Or does he fit their pro xbox narrative over there? I wonder how much MS is paying the admins at era. Regardless it ain't going to help their sales.
Just unmodded I believe. Should be banned though, of course.

TheGrat1

The dev can say what he wants but it looks like a corridor shooter at this point, thus it better hit 60 FPS with ease. Would be happy to see more variety in the environments in the future, though.

longdi

Banned
This game looks like it would run 4K / 60 on Xbox One X. Also looks like something I would not even play on Game Pass. :messenger_beaming:

Have to agree with that.
This game is that look-like-a VR game right?

At least thats the impressions most of us said after the first trailer.

Markio128

I’m getting Doom 3 vibes, which isn’t a bad thing. I like an atmospheric horror shooter. The first Dead Space was a classic. Still, can only be good news from the developers of the game and not some Twitter no-mark.

thelastword

Banned
The dev can say what he wants but it looks like a corridor shooter at this point, thus it better hit 60 FPS with ease. Would be happy to see more variety in the environments in the future, though.
Surely you don't expect to see every area in the game at this point right? You should leave that for when you play the game....

TheGrat1

Surely you don't expect to see every area in the game at this point right? You should leave that for when you play the game....
Like I said: I will be happy to see more varity when it comes, but for now the "corridor shooter" label fits. Not like that is necessarily a bad thing. Bioshock is a corridor shooter and it is fantastic.

Of course I do not believe I have seen everything. My point was that there was no need for the dev to get defensive over the words "corridor shooter" when at this point that is the only thing they have shown. It is all people have to go on. If he wanted to shut them up he can just show them new environments.

Like I said: I will be happy to see more varity when it comes, but for now the "corridor shooter" label fits. Not like that is necessarily a bad thing. Bioshock is a corridor shooter and it is fantastic.

Of course I do not believe I have seen everything. My point was that there was no need for the dev to get defensive over the words "corridor shooter" when at this point that is the only thing they have shown. It is all people have to go on. If he wanted to shut them up he can just show them new environments.

He just said there's more than corridors, he corrected it, why is that defensive? If his game is more than a corridor shooter what's wrong with him saying so?

Justin9mm

whatever 4k all we want is 120@1080p
I'll settle for 1440p 60 on everything. There is no way I'm going to have 1080p on my 75 inch 4K TV.

Consoles are made for TV's. Most people have 4K's, they are so cheap now.

I'm sure some people play console on a monitor but anyone who still wants 1080p and high fps should stick to PC.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I'll settle for 1440p 60 on everything. There is no way I'm going to have 1080p on my 75 inch 4K TV.

Consoles are made for TV's. Most people have 4K's, they are so cheap now.

I'm sure some people play console on a monitor but anyone who still wants 1080p and high fps should stick to PC.
bleh 4k schmehK

BigLee74

So, we can't judge this game because we 'don't see all areas' , yet let's go to town on Halo Infinite after an 8 minute demo in a single area of a likely huge and varied world? You're a bunch of crazy fuckers, huh? 😜😂

This looks like the mother of all corridor shooters. You would fully expect this to hit 4k60 on current hardware, never mind the PS5!

Justin9mm

So, we can't judge this game because we 'don't see all areas' , yet let's go to town on Halo Infinite after an 8 minute demo in a single area of a likely huge and varied world? You're a bunch of crazy fuckers, huh? 😜😂

This looks like the mother of all corridor shooters. You would fully expect this to hit 4k60 on current hardware, never mind the PS5!
To be fair we saw a huge amount of gameplay of Halo Infinite compared to this.

However this game definitely does not look high budget AAA to me, just pretty lighting in 4K res. It is a dark game after all so it can hide a lot.

Halo Infinite is a known high budget AAA franchise and what we saw is simply just not good enough. Expectations are different.

Halo Infinite has PS2-PS3 crossgen graphics.
I would even say that he looks like a PS2 remaster ... PS2 graphic "stretched to 4k"

A PS3 Killzone remaster on PS5 would probably look a lot better than Halo Inifinite.

Yes, Halo totally looks like this. Lmao.

x1080

MrFunSocks

Banned
Indies should be hitting 4K60FPS with ease. They're not games that are running crazy simulations underneath the hood, with massive scope and content. If this game wasn't 4K60fps there would be something wrong.

AAA games won't be 4K60fps for the most part on either console.

Deto

Banned
He said "PS3 Killzone" remaster on PS5. Your screenshot is not PS3 Killzone (aka Killzone 2 or 3), it's Killzone on PS2. Apples and oranges.

Killzone 2 on PS3 looked a lot better than Killzone 1 on PS2. Leagues better.

but he needs to understand "Killzone 1", because he knows that it is true that Killzone 2 and 3 remastered on PS4 would be much more beautiful than Halo Infinite in the "12 teraFLOP"

Top Bottom