• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quay - a short film by Christopher Nolan to premiere in NYC on Aug. 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guzim

https://tribecafilm.com/stories/christopher-nolan-quay-brothers-film-forum-short-film

And just like that, there’s a new Christopher Nolan movie on the way—by “on the way,” we mean less than weeks from now. And it's a barely a minute fraction of The Dark Knight or Interstellar's respective size.

The king of the thinking man’s Hollywood blockbuster, Christopher Nolan is one of those filmmakers whose every project is an event, which makes his latest project’s on-the-down-law nature so delightfully refreshing and unexpected. He's quietly made a new short film, titled Quay, about Stephen and Timothy Quay, a pair of Pennsylvania-born and London-based identical twins who’ve earned a large and faithful following for their stop-motion animation work.

Nolan’s short will make its world premiere as part of Film Forum’s larger series THE QUAY BROTHERS – IN 35MM, which Nolan has curated himself and will screen: In Absentia (2000), The Comb (1991) and Crocodiles (1986).
On Wednesday, August 19, Christopher Nolan and the Quay brothers will be in attendance at Film Forum for a Q&A following the world premiere of Nolan’s Quay.

tomtom94

Was wondering if he might follow up his three"big films" with something smaller and more personal, like how Whedon made Much Ado About Nothing after Avengers.

I can't say I've ever heard of the Quay brothers or that I have much interest but the fact he's making what he wants to make is cool.

Fathom

Banned
He doesn't need to make smaller movies. He needs to make better ones.

Already?

v8YrB06.gif

Ridley327

At the very least, it's cool to see Nolan give a stamp of approval for the Quay Brothers to help expose them to a bigger audience.

inm8num2

Trailer's up at EW.

Tour schedule:

New York City – 8/19-26 – New York City Film Forum

Dallas – 9/3-7 – Alamo Drafthouse Richardson

Los Angeles – 9/4-10 – Cinefamily

Houston – 9/12-13 – Museum of Fine Arts

Austin – 9/17 – Alamo Drafthouse Ritz

Cleveland – 9/24-27 – Cleveland CInematheque

Boston – 9/25-10/1 – Brattle Theatre

Detroit – 10/9-11 – Detroit Institute of Art

Seattle – 10/9-15 – SIFF Film Center

Chicago – 10/16-22 – The Music Box Theatre

Toronto – 10/27 – TIFF Bell Lightbox Theatre

(copied from Collider)

Guzim

I'm on the train home. 3 Quay brothers short films were shown and the Nolan short was shown. I've never seen anything like the Quay brothers' films before. The stop motion was extremely well done. Nolan's short was only 12 minutes long, but it provides a great look into how they make these films.

There was a discussion afterwards where Nolan spoke to the Quay brothers. (Nolan was about 2 feet in front of me, ahhhhh!!!!!!) It was very informative, and they spoke about the making of the films.

DMczaf

I'm on the train home. 3 Quay brothers short films were shown and the Nolan short was shown. I've never seen anything like the Quay brothers' films before. The stop motion was extremely well done. Nolan's short was only 12 minutes long, but it provides a great look into how they make these films.

There was a discussion afterwards where Nolan spoke to the Quay brothers. (Nolan was about 2 feet in front of me, ahhhhh!!!!!!) It was very informative, and they spoke about the making of the films.

Vest or no vest ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom