• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question for apartment dog owners

So my girlfriend and I decided to get a pup. We live in a high rise apartment so we settled on a smaller breed. As a kid I had a black Labrador and a German Shepherd but back then we lived in houses so its easier for everyone involved.

Id love to have a Frenchie but A: they are quite expensive and B ive seen some medical bills for them, its pretty crazy because of their general condition and we live in Vietnam now so its a 24/7 tropical city (HCM) so I feel the dog would just suffer and keep getting sick. We haven't dialed in which dog yet but we are going in Pug direction. I wanna have a buddy roaming around the apartment while im playing games etc (hopefully not rip out my game cases lol).

I know a lot of people will mention animal shelters and thats cool too but since ive always inherited someone elses dog that's already of age, i just want to get a pup thats day one with me and grow old together. So my main questions for you guys is:

1: how many times a day to take it for a walk, once or twice?

2. Ive seen some disposable piss pads, donno if theres a better alternative.

3. How often do you bathe them unless they ran into some dirt or mud.

4. What are some general hygiene tips

5. Pretty much any other advice you can give ✌️

SpiceRacz

I've owned a pug and known several people that have as well. If you're concerned about health issues, probably not the dog for you.

Top Bottom