• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Question for Nasal Spray GAF - if your nose is congested or stuffy, how do you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...follow the instructions of breathing in after using the spray?

Every nasal decongestant spray seems to say to lean and then spray the mist into the congested nose, and then breathe in.

I can spray, but I can't even breathe in through that nostril. The mist drips back out because it's so congested.

Am I doing it wrong?

hythloday

Go take a really hot shower, and let the water run a long time and steam the hell out of the bathroom so you can sit and breathe it in. That can help. Or use a neti pot/saline spray to try and blast the shit out of there.

dork

Banned
You don't need to tilt back for the mist. Spray then give a little sniff.

The stuff is from heaven itself. It's magical.

Ban Puncher

BzBFW.gif

New002

I typically use nose drops as I'm not a fan of the sprays, but I imagine it would be similar in that you spray, breathe in I guess, and then just keep your head tiled back for a bit. Lie down for a bit or something and let the spray do its thing.

Just gonna throw this advice out there, but make sure your nose is clear of snot and boogers since that might make it tough for the spray to be absorbed in the nose.

I know you're only supposed to use that stuff for a couple of days in a row, but I pretty much can't sleep without it. My nighttime congestion gets really bad.

Also nasal sprays are addictive as fuck. I swear, I think half of Thailand is hooked on them. You can't go but a few minutes without seeing someone using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom