• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Questions regarding the Tenchu series...

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I loved the first Tenchu back in the days, and really looked forward to the sequel - which unfortunately turned out to be really disappointing.

Anyway, after Tenchu 2 I just dropped the series completely, and I haven't touched a Tenchu game ever since.

But now I've grown curious...are there any Tenchu games released this gen actually worth playing? Which one is the best? What are the differences between them? I'd love something that plays and feels similar to the first one.

demi

Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven [PS2 / XBOX]

Tenchu: Fatal Shadows [PS2]

Go with Wrath of Heaven on the PS2.

I love the Tenchu series and how it just refuses to take itself seriously, although I've never played through the original. HOPE THIS HELPS!

Teddman

Tenchu veterans: Is the original Tenchu still playable today, or have stealth games advanced to the point where it's archaic? I hear you can't save mid-mission, which would seem pretty tough in a stealth setting...

I have the first game but have never played it.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Teddman said:
Tenchu veterans: Is the original Tenchu still playable today, or have stealth games advanced to the point where it's archaic? I hear you can't save mid-mission, which would seem pretty tough in a stealth setting...

I have the first game but have never played it.

It's not that hard IMO. You can't save in the middle of a mission, true...but if you, say, mess up a stealth kill you just enter a regular battle instead (and cause some commotion of course). And the enemies don't do that much damage, plus the fact that you can choose to bring healing items with you before a mission. And you can always go and hide for a while and the enemies will calm down giving you another shot at one-hit kills. I don't think the graphics hold up that well though, but I reckon it's still playable...even though it's digital controls only. :|
Music is still awesome of course.

Top Bottom