• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick... before the impulse wears off... 360 vs PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

rage1973

Rorschach said:
Buy an in-store 2 year warranty. If you do it with MS, you'll have to go through all the hoops and you'll be consoless for weeks. If you get it from a store, you can just go in, replace it and go home with a brand new console.
Screw that buy it from Costco and get a free lifetime warranty ftw.

LJ11

rage1973 said:
Screw that buy it from Costco and get a free lifetime warranty ftw.

They're changing their return policy. I actually think it goes into affect this month, someone posted the new policy in the OT.

Edit: Goes into affect as of '07.

M_A_C said:
Wrong. PS3 Doesn't even have any EA demos yet. I've been playing NBA Street and Def Jam Icon all day.
You poor soul.

Everything you said WRONG to was his opinion. Are you slow? Anyway don't listen to these sheep it's possible to survive without the PLETHORA of mediocre to decent next gen games available. Wait for a price drop. I HAVE SPOKEN.

Xamdou

Here's my take:

DemDereNads said:
Which one to get?

Right now I see it as...

Free Downloads (demos) - PS3 (Demos are free for Xbox Live Marketplace also and there are over 100 demos available for dl so take your pick.)

PS store vs XBLA - PS3 seems to be getting full modern games like gripshift & tekken. XBLA games seem pretty old small time production games. (XBLA has better arcade games but if you want ports of ps1/ps2 games then yeah <PS3)

Online gaming - virtually even... All I really care about is I can play games online. (Xbox Live Gold beats Sony online with tons more features).

Current library - XBox360 craps all over PS3, however PS3 just came out. If I went with PS3 I would pretty much be "hoping" for the future. (Xbox 360 has better lineup of games right now and this year will be even better with Crackdown, Forza Motorsport 2, Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Bioshock, Halo 3 etc.)

Also, does the 20GB version of the PS3 have an HDMI slot? (I believe so)

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I think it's been established already but I'll say it anyways...

Get a 360.

Better value overall IMO

J-Rzez

LJ11 said:
What was the last VF you played? IF 5 is like 4 with better graphics, I'll be a happy man.

No no... you saw that other thread... it's not going to be all that great because it didn't sell out 150k units first day... doesn't matter if it's getting great scores in reviews, it's sales, sales, sales that oh so justify your gaming experience... :p

anyways... to the OP, I have both... it all depends on what games interest you... 360 has some great games now, some great ones sure to come out soon... PS3 has Resistance and RR7 for right now, and has VF5, F1, Oblivion, Motorstorm, etc coming out really really soon... like startomg the 20th of this month...

If I had to pick one, my preference is PS3... just because they've delivered two gens in a row with the most games of interest to me... And it looks like they'll be able to deliver again with their sequels, along with new IP's... The 360 does have great games now, and will have more in the near future too, just not as many of interest to me personally... And the PS3 is built better so far... quality control is almost as good as chinese firecrackers with the 360, 2 dozen duds per gross...

Look at the games, and decide which suits your tastes better...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Mrbob said:
Its a trap.
ackbar.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom