• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick component switcher question...

123rl

It would work but it may have a bit of interference with the X360. I know someone who uses one of these (or one that is very similar) and it's fine with his PS2, as that is only 480p. But because the 360 uses a higher resolution, and therefore more bandwidth, that switchbox struggles a bit.

So, it would work but it might cause a bit of interference with 720p and 1080i

gkryhewy

You probably want something powered for 720p/1080i. I recommend the impact acoustics 3-play as an affordable option (40-50 bucks). I have one, and it's solid.

123rl said:
It would work but it may have a bit of interference with the X360. I know someone who uses one of these (or one that is very similar) and it's fine with his PS2, as that is only 480p. But because the 360 uses a higher resolution, and therefore more bandwidth, that switchbox struggles a bit.

So, it would work but it might cause a bit of interference with 720p and 1080i

Thanks for the help, Because it says -

This box can carry the HD Signal from you equipment (480p,720p and 1080i). It will work with any AV equipment so long as it uses a component cable and will work in full HD.

I thought it'd be ok... By interference do you mean like lag or the image quality decreasing?

gkrykewy said:
You probably want something powered for 720p/1080i. I recommend the impact acoustics 3-play as an affordable option (40-50 bucks). I have one, and it's solid.

That seems perfect, but don't think it's avaliable in the UK :( I'll have a harder look now.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
you have a budget?

I have a switcher that has four inputs and two outputs - useful for feeding my TV and projector simultaneously. Buttons on the front or IR controllable. But about £90. Try keene.co.uk for other similar boxes.

edit: link

pilonv1

I've used this for PS2/Xbox/GC and it's great, no signal problems or anything. Havent tried the 360 through it though since I use VGA.

mrklaw said:
you have a budget?

I have a scancom switcher that has four inputs and two outputs - useful for feeding my TV and projector simultaneously. Buttons on the front or IR controllable. But about £90. Try keene.co.uk for other similar boxes.

Well considering it's a 20 second job to change the cable I didn't want to spend much, it's just for convenience really. £90 is more that I'd want to spend.

123rl

It's usually interference or a slightly weaker/poorer image. It might be different to the one that I saw, and it might work with 720p without any problems. I don't think that box would introduce any lag though. I use a component switchbox (made by B-Tech) and that works perfectly with 720p/1080i and has no negative effect on the image

For £15 I think it's worth trying though. btw it's cheaper at Play-Asia. That ebay seller even copied the text from Play Asia's website:lol

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-2q-77-o-49-en-15-component-70-1i9v.html

ascully

If you have a home theater reciever have a look on the back they usually accept video connections as well as audio.

pilonv1

123rl said:
It's usually interference or a slightly weaker/poorer image. It might be different to the one that I saw, and it might work with 720p without any problems. I don't think that box would introduce any lag though.

I had no issues with Amped 2 and Street Hoops (both 720p) but that's not really a great sample size. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll run the 360 through it and report back.

gkryhewy

Fallofmart said:

Sweet, dude, the second one looks like the euro version of the 3-play I recommended. It's the exact same design, just a different color. Go with that one.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
For my 480p consoles, I just use this little cheapie that is then connected into component input 1 on my TV and honestly it works fine for them...

PELUPL970.PNG

My 360 I keep directly connected to component 2 as I don't trust the thing's ability to pass 720P/1080i signals.

dalyr95

Out of interest, anyone in the UK know where I can get a gamecube component cable?

Or whatever is best for the GC to connect to a HDTV, I've got an old one with the Digital Out.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
dalyr95 said:
Out of interest, anyone in the UK know where I can get a gamecube component cable?

Or whatever is best for the GC to connect to a HDTV, I've got an old one with the Digital Out.

Unfortunately the official Nintendo component cable is the only way you're gonna get 480P out of the 'cube. You can pick them up on eBay and such. I've got an extra one, although I have no idea what shipping to the UK would be.

Top Bottom