• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick! Gunstar Superheroes worth $10? tellllll meeee

MoxManiac

Thinking of getting it from TRU before they sell out!

I've never played the original Gunstar Heroes *dodges tomato*

Is it similar to Contra/Metal Slug? I love those games?

Dissapointment? Good? Worth it?

Mashing

You do realize this game is on the VC for $8 right?

Edit: Or is there a different between Gunstar Heroes and Gunstar Superheroes?

Luckett_X

Banned
If you've never played Gunstar Heroes, then definitely get this.

Although the Genesis version is still the greater, this is a fantastic GBA game few should be without.

MoxManiac

Well I'll get the original when I get a Wii. But this thread is about the GBA sequel!

My sears doesn't even carry games. Boo. No costco around either

jarrod

Banned
Prime crotch said:
Screw VC Sega Mega Drive Collection has that and a whole lot more for 30 bucks or less.
Er... no SEGA collections have Gunstar Heroes except the JP only Sega Ages Treasure Box.

jgkspsx

MoxManiac said:
Well I'll get the original when I get a Wii. But this thread is about the GBA sequel!
One of my favorite GBA games. The original is even better, so consider this a prequel! Or something. Just buy it.

It's not that hard. Easy and Normal are both eminently doable, but Hard sure is a mofo. The game's better the harder it is, though. (With the exception of the helicopter level -- ugh.)

aku:jiki

MoxManiac said:
Then you have the perfect setup going on. You can play and enjoy the inferior GBA version and enjoy it without comparing it to the superior version, which you'll play in the end anyway. (Not that the GBA version isn't good, though, it just pales in comparison.)

MoxManiac said:

My sears doesn't even carry games. Boo. No costco around either
Do you have a TRU? I'd check there, seeing how I picked up a copy a few weeks ago for $10; plus I believe someone here at GAF bought a copy for $4 at TRU.

Edit: oh wait i didn't read your initial post hawhaw :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
After reading the massive amounts of praise for this game on various sites I bought the VC version and played it for the first time every.

I personally do not see what makes this game so good. It seems to me like everyone's nostalgia is kicking in a little too much and causing them to overrate it in my opinion.

I finished the game really quickly and it seemed pretty plain to me. Some parts of the game just felt cheap to me.

Luckett_X

Banned
Zefah said:
I finished the game really quickly and it seemed pretty plain to me. Some parts of the game just felt cheap to me.

Gonna have to explain yourself a bit better than that son. How was it plain? What was cheap? If you ass-blasted your way through the game with Homing Lightning then sure, but if you man up and play co-op with a buddy on hard mode, youre knee deep in probably the best rich viscous platformer shooter your ungrateful wretch hands will ever interact with!

Did the 7 formed boss not impress you? The fluidity of combat and shooting? The wacky character designs and awesome music? Some of the greatest visuals and effects on the Genesis, period?

Get out of my sight.

D-X

Zefah said:
After reading the massive amounts of praise for this game on various sites I bought the VC version and played it for the first time every.

I personally do not see what makes this game so good. It seems to me like everyone's nostalgia is kicking in a little too much and causing them to overrate it in my opinion.

I recently returned to this game and I've got to say its still fresh in a multitude of ways which is more than I can say for most games from 1993.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Damn I must have hit a nerve with some of you diehard fans. I apologize for stating my opinion.

I will try co-op with a friend on hard mode next time, but I just wasn't very impressed with the game just going through it alone.

Top Bottom