• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick question 360 controller..

I know theres a windows version out.. but cant you take your play and charge kit.. plug in your regular 360 controller in a usb port in a pc.. and wont it be the same thing..

Likewise can you take a wired 360 one and do that as well.. or is the windows one COMPLETLY different?

(newb questions for the win)

Letter to Elise said:
Wireless + charge & play + windows USB = recharge only

Wired + windows USB = full playability + recharge

^_^

~l2e

Wait what?

Wired + Windows USB = Fully playbility + recharge.. what the hell are you recharging? o_O

Im so confused

damn.. the con of owning a wireless controller is it doesnt work on the pc.. if i knew that id have gotten a wired one.. so i can use it for my pc too

Ecrofirt

What's even worse is this info from Microsoft's site:

Overview
The Microsoft Common Controller Driver is a new game input standard that is used for both the Xbox360 console and for Windows XP SP1 and above. The Xbox360 controller or any controllers that utilize this standard will enable the device to be used on Windows also. This Redistributable Package includes the driver for hardware vendors to redistribute with their hardware. For the most current APIs of the Microsoft Common Controller, please download the latest DX SDK. These APIs are called Xinput APIs.

To me that reads like they're going to have Xinput APIs available for DirectX. If they're doing that, I don't know if they'll be able to change the crappy way they've got it set up.

Top Bottom