• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Radiant Historia |OT|: Change the Past to Save the Future

NichM

Banned
Dresden said:
Another game I'll buy but won't play until months have passed.

edit: hmm, the import impressions are nice. You don't need the L/R triggers to play, right?

They are used, but the whole game can be played with either buttons or the stylus, so you can just use the touch screen for the stuff that needs the L/R buttons.

mjc

I think I was reading the GI review, and they mentioned that the enemy types aren't too varied. Like most of them are just reskins or something...is that true? I'm just curious.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Dresden said:
Another game I'll buy but won't play until months have passed.

Yeah, this is my problem. Seriously, a lot of awesome games coming out this month.

hamchan

That's why, even though it's supposedly a good game I just can't play it as there are a bunch of games in my backlog and a bunch of other games coming out. I haven't even started Golden Sun 3 yet.

BluWacky

hamchan said:
That's why, even though it's supposedly a good game I just can't play it as there are a bunch of games in my backlog and a bunch of other games coming out. I haven't even started Golden Sun 3 yet.

I forced myself to drop Professor Layton 3 and start Golden Sun so that I could justify starting a new RPG when Radiant Historia turns up. Not that I'll have finished Golden Sun by the time RH turns up, but one can always dream...

Has anyone's copy shipped out at all yet? I guess I'm just used to pre-orders shipping early but nothing yet from Videogamesplus.

Mudo

Just posting in support of this (seemingly) awesome game. I put down a pre-order on it last week just to make sure I get a copy of the game. I'm slogging through DQ5 right now and have 6 waiting at home after I finish that, so it may be a bit before I get to this - but I'm still excited!

Oxx

BluWacky said:
I forced myself to drop Professor Layton 3 and start Golden Sun so that I could justify starting a new RPG when Radiant Historia turns up. Not that I'll have finished Golden Sun by the time RH turns up, but one can always dream...

Has anyone's copy shipped out at all yet? I guess I'm just used to pre-orders shipping early but nothing yet from Videogamesplus.
Nothing from VG+ for me. I haven't even received the Dragon Quest they sent last Monday.

Volcynika

BluWacky said:

Amazon updated my shipping status!

Shipping Soon
Delivery Estimate: February 25, 2011

I'm thinking my copy will arrive earlier than the estimated date, though.

tomasdk

So looking forward to this. I'm finishing SMT: Strange Journey right now so I hope I will be done with it before this arrives from videogamesplus.

BearChair

About how long is this game to finish and how much after game content is there? I've been playing Etrian Odyssey 3 since Christmas and the after game on that is so brutal, I think I have to put it down for awhile.

Hobbun

BearChair said:
About how long is this game to finish

Someone on the import impressions thread said it took them a good 40 hours to complete, and that was without doing hardly of the extra content.

My copy shipped from Amazon already! It's estimated to get here on Wednesday. I can't wait! But ack, I've gotten so many RPGs lately that I don't know which one to devote myself to.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
hamchan said:

I got ya beat... I haven't even started Golden Sun 2 yet :p

Izayoi

Banned
Bought this just because of the preorder bonus.

I hope the game is good, but boy does Atlus know how to get me to buy games. Same reason I bought Etrian Odyssey III. I loved the game too, but dat artbook.

eXistor

I'm very much looking forward to this, finally a jrpg that looks fresh and original in spite of its time traveling plot. The early impressions I've seen have been great all around and I love the look of the game a lot.

L00P

I'm not really big on JRPGs, but this one has time travel so I just HAVE to play it. Gonna get this tomorrow! Sure hope stores are carrying it.

Having just finished Chrono Trigger over the weekend. I'm definitely gonna pick this up.

The only thing I'm concerned is that the videos show that the transitions (fade to black) seem to be a little longer than I'd like.

Yuterald

Have this pre-ordered at GameStop so I'll be picking this up and Ys I & II Chronicles if they are in tomorrow! I am in the middle of Tactics Ogre PSP right now and some other stuff, but I may bust it open immediately because it sounds pretty special.

Luigi87

Wait, wait, wait...
This game has time travel?

... Dammit, now I'll need to play it -- but alas, my wallet cannot permit at launch.

Chesskid1

Banned
i've been reading about the time traveling mechanics.

anyways, i'm anal about this stuff, but it says you can go back and pick your decisions. on your first playthrough, should you just pick a decision and go where ever it takes you through the end of game, or just pick a decision, play though it to a while, then go back and make the other decision then play through it like that, for all the decisions?

which one do you think is better to do? yeah, i know a pretty lame thing but i've been wondering which way to go is more optimal.

Mudo

I just got the Gamestop text saying it will be in Tuesday PM. Woot! I haven't, however, seen a text yet for Ys 1+2. Here's hoping I can get both tomorrow!

Man, I cannot decide if I want to get this or not. It looks really interesting but....I still have a half-finished DQIX sitting in my DS as well as a barely started 4 Warriors of Light. And an unopened Lufia.

Curse you amazing DS library! Curse you!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Mr. Wonderful said:
Will buy, but shelved until Dragon Quest VI and Tactics Ogre are completed.

Same for me. In fact, my copy already shipped. Don't want to get down the road to try and buy this later, only to realize it isn't available anymore.

Volcynika

Chesskid1 said:
i've been reading about the time traveling mechanics.

anyways, i'm anal about this stuff, but it says you can go back and pick your decisions. on your first playthrough, should you just pick a decision and go where ever it takes you through the end of game, or just pick a decision, play though it to a while, then go back and make the other decision then play through it like that, for all the decisions?

which one do you think is better to do? yeah, i know a pretty lame thing but i've been wondering which way to go is more optimal.

As I understand it, sometimes you need to pick other decisions to open up or progress to the "true end timeline" or whatever. I'm assuming some decisions don't amount to much in your overall progress, but you can still see potentially new stuff.

MechaX

I'm actually kind of hoping that there is an early section where you fight some super omnipotent bad-ass villain only to get your ass beat, progress through the other timelines and get more powerful, and then go back to said bad-ass villain and beat his ass and completely fuck up the events just to stick it to this JRPG trope.

MechaX said:
I'm actually kind of hoping that there is an early section where you fight some super omnipotent bad-ass villain only to get your ass beat, progress through the other timelines and get more powerful, and then go back to said bad-ass villain and beat his ass and completely fuck up the events just to stick it to this JRPG trope.

lol. That reminds me, needa go finish up ZHP =)

Hobbun

I received my automated message from Gamestop saying it will be in today.

I’ve heard almost only good things about the game. I like hearing that it is a lengthy quest, but not just filler. One thing that is a bit disappointing from what I’ve heard is the world is rather small. A lot of the time is taken up traveling back and forth between timelines.

Which I guess makes sense, but I’ve always loved a large world. However, it is by no means a large negative factor by any means. In the end, it could easily become a non-issue.

I am excited though and will be picking it up after work. But like many others, will play this after finishing DQ VI and Tactics Ogre.

Zane

I'm really interested in this game but won't be able to get it for a while. Does anyone have an idea of how many copies Atlus is producing? Is this gonna have a low print run?

Mr. Hyde

I've been holding off on playing other games so I can get into this on release. I can't wait to get into it either tonight or tomorrow!

Hobbun

Zane said:
I'm really interested in this game but won't be able to get it for a while. Does anyone have an idea of how many copies Atlus is producing? Is this gonna have a low print run?

Atlus in general does not have high print runs for their games. So if you do want this game, even if it is to play it down the line, I would recommend picking it up now.

I have a couple of games still unopened but I MUST have this game. Atlus games that I want are day 1 no matter what the print runs are insane I was shocked to see that Persona 3 PSP was selling for almost $60 on ebay last week prior to Amazon getting a shipment in.

Emitan

awilliams213 said:
I have a couple of games still unopened but I MUST have this game. Atlus games that I want are day 1 no matter what the print runs are insane I was shocked to see that Persona 3 PSP was selling for almost $60 on ebay last week prior to Amazon getting a shipment in.
But it's $40 on PSN. What the hell?

Phatcorns

No one has it yet? Surprising. Anyway, I'm probably gonna pick this up at Fry's tomorrow. Didn't have the money to pre-order on Amazon before today and they have the music cd, although it's 34.99

Az987

all good things
I was scheduled to get this and DQ VI today but we got 4 inches of snow and UPS couldn't handle it. Bunch of babies.

Hobbun

JodyAnthony said:
ordered from Amazon.

scheduled to be delivered today :D
...by ensenda D:

I always hate when Amazon uses those private delivery companies instead of using UPS. The product is still scheduled to arrive on a certain day, but the hours of the private delivery company is wacky. It could be as late as 7-8 pm. With UPS, at least I know it is going to deliver in the early afternoon, at the latest.

Phatcorns said:
No one has it yet? Surprising. Anyway, I'm probably gonna pick this up at Fry's tomorrow. Didn't have the money to pre-order on Amazon before today and they have the music cd, although it's 34.99

I'll be picking mine up today on the way home from work.

AwShucks

Bought this on a whim, Amazon had it for $30. Not sure if they still do but I was buying a few other DS/GBA games so I just threw it in there. All the reviews seem positive and I want a great turn based RPG. This seems like it will do the trick. Not sure when I'll get to it though, my backlog is huge at the moment.

Hobbun said:
I always hate when Amazon uses those private delivery companies instead of using UPS. The product is still scheduled to arrive on a certain day, but the hours of the private delivery company is wacky. It could be as late as 7-8 pm. With UPS, at least I know it is going to deliver in the early afternoon, at the latest.

I'll be picking mine up today on the way home from work.
my favorite ensenda order was when they said it was delivered at like 11:30 pm, but it was never delivered. Then the package randomly showed up at my door 2 days later.

Hobbun

JodyAnthony said:
my favorite ensenda order was when they said it was delivered at like 11:30 pm, but it was never delivered. Then the package randomly showed up at my door 2 days later.

That happened to me once, although it was the next day, not 2 days. It was 2 day shipping, but actually took 3.

And I hate that when it still arrives on that 2nd day, but gets at the location late (like I said, 7-8 p.m) and I have to pick it up the next day, anyways. I use a UPS Store as I live in condominium and there is nowhere to drop it off safely.

Top Bottom