• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Odyssey |OT| Hunt Monsters, Pop Porings

btkadams

feel free to add me on psn. i'm getting this tomorrow and it will be my first step into this rpg subgenre. i've never played pso, monster hunter, ragnarok, or any mmo really. i'm really excited!

psn: btkadams

Cornbread78

Hopefully Gamestop has power tomorrow and I can actually drive down the road to pick-up my copy. Add me to the GAF Hunters list. I'll be splitting time between this and Little Kings Story, so much fun!

Wow so many names here i've never seen before! You Vita owners are commin out of the woodwork on this game! I can dig it : ]

I posted already but hey new page so: PSN: tko_hero

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Guess I'm going with a retail copy after all. Amazon changed my order status to "shipping soon" pretty early this morning!

PSN ID is lyteedge2

I've added everyone who posted their PSN ids to the OT, so if you're looking for fellow hunters, check the OT! I've also added a FAQ, which I will be adding to as time passes.

btkadams

what character class are people choosing? i'm thinking mage for myself. is that a bad idea for a noob (or for someone who might be playing solo more often than with a party online)?

Noi

Assassin for me. Looking to revive my CritSin from back in the day, seeing how that's a thing in this one as well. :X Though I'll inevitably fool around with everyone~

PSN: Noisama ~

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
what character class are people choosing? i'm thinking mage for myself. is that a bad idea for a noob (or for someone who might be playing solo more often than with a party online)?

Mage sounds like the harder class to solo with, since Mage play in this game does require some close-up fighting.

If you find it too hard, though, you can just switch classes a few chapters in, so no worries!

Will be going Mage first myself, as I did in RO years ago. Hearing the character scream "JUPITEL THUNDAAAAA!!" And "STOR-MU GUSTAAAH!" In a vid sealed the deal, lol.

garath

Assassin for me. Hunter would be my second choice I think. But I love assassin style classes. Squishy mega dps finesse classes.

Hunter. The more arrows I can shoot into the sky to have it raining down the better.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Okay, I cleared up some space on my friends list and will probably do more when I can. Still dunno when I'm getting this due to the hurricane. ):

Yeeeeep.

Newegg still hasn't even shipped mine, which isn't surprising since the closest depot to me is in Edison, NJ and they probably closed up due to the weather. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get it until next Monday.

btkadams

Mage sounds like the harder class to solo with, since Mage play in this game does require some close-up fighting.

If you find it too hard, though, you can just switch classes a few chapters in, so no worries!

Will be going Mage first myself, as I did in RO years ago. Hearing the character scream "JUPITEL THUNDAAAAA!!" And "STOR-MU GUSTAAAH!" In a vid sealed the deal, lol.

hmm.. thanks for the advice! so i can switch classes pretty easily? do i not need to start over?

hswbaz

Neo Member
Ordered the game, hoping some of you will still be playing when I can afford a Vita which is probably after Christmas.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
hmm.. thanks for the advice! so i can switch classes pretty easily? do i not need to start over?

Yup, apparently, after a certain point in story, you can switch classes on the same character. So if you ever get stuck playing a certain class, and can't beat something... just switch to something more dolo-friendly!

Just to confirm, the digital file size is said to be around 1GB yes?

That's what's been said, yup. 1.1 GB, I believe.

B.O.O.M

Yup, apparently, after a certain point in story, you can switch classes on the same character. So if you ever get stuck playing a certain class, and can't beat something... just switch to something more dolo-friendly!

That's what's been said, yup. 1.1 GB, I believe.

Thanks. Now have to decide between retails or digital :S Digital would be easier but not sure when the store will get updated

Thanks. Now have to decide between retails or digital :S Digital would be easier but not sure when the store will get updated

There is only one right answer. ^_^

409135_292890330821134_1686994429_n.jpg

scy

There is only one right answer. ^_^

409135_292890330821134_1686994429_n.jpg

This game just makes more sense to me as a digital purchase so I can always have it on the Vita
even if I'm never out of the house with it

And then the swag edition was shown.

I have no willpower when it comes to swag.

Now which one is the trap card?

There's an underage giant in there, but I ain't saying which.

Fafnir

lol stop tempting me dang it!

btw Xseed, Thanks for bringing titles like this over. I hope the overall sales end up meeting (or even XSeeding?) your expectations so we can see more games like this on the vita in the future

Don't make me post more sexy CE pics. I still have the camera out. I'll do it. :D

And cheers. It's our pleasure, and we'd love to do more. Thanks for supporting it!

meh at the cards, the book is where it's at.

It has an embossed cover...

This game just makes more sense to me as a digital purchase so I can always have it on the Vita
even if I'm never out of the house with it

And then the swag edition was shown.

I have no willpower when it comes to swag.

YOU'RE MINE!

So glorious. More pics on XSEED's FB guys. My order has shipped too btw, and I live in PA bahaha.

Yup, yup. Some staff multiplayer action pictures. I swear it was hard to get any once we started the quest because we were laughing so much (shaky cam pics). Jimmy (middle guy) kept just doing the poses mid-battle and positioning himself whenever I'd go in with the drill. It was pretty damn funny. And, Tom, well, Tom kept running around in the background attacking air. :p

So is this up on the PSN in about 7 hours or in about 31 hours?

Whenever the PS Store updates. Definitely not in 7 hours, though.

I'll have you know that I will attempt to slot those into my actual clothes, to reap their benefits.

I figure "Slots" are just medieval terms for "pockets", so this should be easy!

All signs point to "When tomorrow's update occurs", GCT.

Please do! And then please take a picture for us. :D

Top Bottom