• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six Siege is about to get a loot box system

That's too bad, it was nice having one multiplayer game that didn't use loot boxes/RNG as a way of distributing content.

Keasar

Guess I gotta buy the skins I want right now before the price increases by 500%.
Que times are garbage

Hit detection needs work

Hibana glitch still isn't fixed

Really? The times I've played with friends we have constantly had maybe 2-5 seconds queue times on PC in recent patches.

norm9

Nice. I missed out on the last few updates since they took over 7 Gigs and it takes forever to download that much. Maybe I'll hop back in and fully update when this happens.

elguero

Sounds like a really good set up. I'd never pay real money for a skin or other cosmetic in R6 (I think they're mostly ugly) but getting some free options is nice.

Compsiox

Banned
Guess I gotta buy the skins I want right now before the price increases by 500%.

Really? The times I've played with friends we have constantly had maybe 2-5 seconds queue times on PC in recent patches.

If you're unranked or a low rank it's fast. Casual takes Ranked into account now.

The one step matchmaking is great though.

jmizzal

I'm cool with that, the cosmetic items in Siege cost a lot of renown and more then i'm willing to pay in real money, I only use uplay rewards cosmetic items.

Now I can get more by just playing the game, sounds good to me.

Will this apply to Terrorist Hunt?

Terrorist Hunt solo and two player co-op are the only modes I play, and with the game's current payouts I'll never end up affording even the cheapest of visual customizations. I get between 130 and 140 renown for a successful match, and the only interesting items are 30K renown each, and those are character specific.

The game is fun in its own right, but it'd be nice to see some of those items as achievable meta-goals.

Magwik

Banned
That's too bad, it was nice having one multiplayer game that didn't use loot boxes/RNG as a way of distributing content.
It's literally free content for just playing or using your renown. It's also cheaper than buying skins one by one. There's actually no downside to this.

Top Bottom