• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Solid first day so far. Only 2 disconnects on ps4. Level 11. Glad to see that the rainbow six site offers FULL stats as well. Gonna be playing this game for a long time.

BCwfCE1.png

Have you guys played the snow level yet? I saw it on the games website but it never came up in rotation for me. Do you need to do something to unlock it?

edit: this one

http://rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-CA/game-info/map/chalet.aspx

played it 5 times tonight

Played this two nights in a row now with friends and am having a great time. For the price of the uplay key it was definitely worth it. They are going for a mix of CS and COD and I think it's interesting enough to keep me in for a while. Haven't had any issues with finding games or servers but the voice chat bug needs to be fixed ASAP.

I wasn't expecting much from the game but I'm really surprised and it is fast and intense and the way you can execute your strategies makes every round feel different.

PS4 is really bad for having people who aren't talking or don't have mics. At first I thought maybe they were in a party chat, but they can't ALWAYS be in a party chat. Right?

HiiiLife

PS4 is really bad for having people who aren't talking or don't have mics. At first I thought maybe they were in a party chat, but they can't ALWAYS be in a party chat. Right?

I feel a lot are in party chats. Even if they have headsets attached, the empty silhouette of their mic won't show next to their name if they're in a chat.

That's a weird thing to do for playing this game. You should just be communicating with the team. Not sure what that has to do with PS4 though. People on a PS4 can use mics too.

With the majority fire fights being so close quarter, I fail to see why I should use anything but a shotgun.

Yeah there should be some bigger maps.

I've only played it on PS4, so I can only really offer my thoughts from the perspective.

I've found that I really like using the cameras and spying on people. No one seems to shoot the cameras out.

HiiiLife

Yeah there should be some bigger maps.

Something. I'm like level 26 now and 9/10 gunfights are well within a shotguns effective range.

If 9/10 seems too generous I'll say 7/10. But the fact of the matter is, the majority of my experience have been ideal for shotties, and that's both me engaging them, and then engaging me.

I'm not exactly a fan of the smg's either. I feel I've had better luck with ARs at CQB, over smg's...which should be the opposite. Whatever I guess lol.

Everdred

The scenario and cut-scenes after the 10 situations is awesome! Why couldn't they design a whole game like that? Also the map is unique, I bet it's one of the future DLC maps?

Another note, I'm surprised no one is hosting custom games on PC yet. There are tons of options and it's really simple to setup.

Have you seen those idiots on PC who play the whole game clicking their keyboard and muttering without realizing their microphone is on? I want to scream at them, "FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, TURN ON PUSH TO TALK YOU CRETIN."

I once played a match where a clueless dude left it on and had a whole convo with someone in his room about his taxes in which he mentioned things like his social and pin numbers.

HiiiLife

I've only played it on PS4, so I can only really offer my thoughts from the perspective.

I've found that I really like using the cameras and spying on people. No one seems to shoot the cameras out.

That's how I felt when I was the only one shooting UAVs on CoD. I'm down to party up if you have room.

SentryDown

Seems that they cancelled the whole marketing campaign in France for obvious reasons, will be interesting to see how it performs here.

deoee

Apparently the "open mic" thing is a bug - even if you have p2t on it will transmit everything from time to time.
wtzgU.gif

I played the beta and enjoyed it. I just don't know what platform to get it on. I have no friends on uplay and the ones on my psn play different games

piccolo85

So barely any server issues?

What the shell was happening during the previous betas?

Well I guess that is what betas are for? Find problems and solve them before release. Yesterday was mostly smooth sailing, no disconnects. Matchmaking could see some improvement, but is already okay in my book.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Well I guess that is what betas are for? Find problems and solve them before release. Yesterday was mostly smooth sailing, no disconnects. Matchmaking could see some improvement, but is already okay in my book.
I know but that fact that is had issues up to the last minute is insane

HiiiLife

Doc is the most useless operator in this game lol.

You're most likely going to die immediately when you're in a gunfight, leaving you no time to heal the ally, or yourself.

Because let's be honest..how many times have you actually been in a bleed out phase? I'd imagine plenty of us COMPLETELY die off rip. The majority of the time at least.

Not even Doc players themselves survive long enough to "revive" themselves.

I feel he'd be a lot better if he revived DEAD players rather than injured ones.

HiiiLife

You could even lower his health shot to one rather than two. Or hell, be able to patch players up WHILE they're alive.

But I've barely, and I mean barely, have I ever seen Doc use his gadget how the developers intended.

He's prolly useful in TH tho... Lol.

Menthuss

Doc is the most useless operator in this game lol.

You're most likely going to die immediately when you're in a gunfight, leaving you no time to heal the ally, or yourself.

Because let's be honest..how many times have you actually been in a bleed out phase? I'd imagine plenty of us COMPLETELY die off rip. The majority of the time at least.

Not even Doc players themselves survive long enough to "revive" themselves.

I feel he'd be a lot better if he revived DEAD players rather than injured ones.

Between headshots instant killing you and players almost always double tapping I've only managed to revive one person: myself. Once. Not sure if giving him the ability to revive dead players is a good idea though.

piccolo85

You could even lower his health shot to one rather than two. Or hell, be able to patch players up WHILE they're alive.

But I've barely, and I mean barely, have I ever seen Doc use his gadget how the developers intended.

He's prolly useful in TH tho... Lol.

This change that would actually make him useful! Also he could be able to revive a killed teammate for a limited time (maybe 10s). At the moment he really is the most useless operator...

They could give him a "patch up animation" which solwly refills a teammates health while you press a button up to a maximum of 80. This would make patching up a teammate risky and you would have find a safe spot to do it.

HiiiLife

Between headshots instant killing you and players almost always double tapping I've only managed to revive one person: myself. Once. Not sure if giving him the ability to revive dead players is a good idea though.

Anything to make him feel useful. Maybe the dead player idea is silly, but jeez. Be able to drop like one or two health packs for allies. That shot he has right now is stupid. Lol.

Keep in mind this is casual matches I'm speaking of...I dunno how ranked is gonna shake things up with players not knowing if an enemy is being hit, or dead, or whatever.

KaYotiX

Banned
Wish I could of played more lastnight but work called....

It gives me awesome vibes of old RB6 :) Glad I bought it.

manhack

So barely any server issues?

What the shell was happening during the previous betas?

Not sure, but looks like the servers on the PC side shit the bed right now. 2 games in a row with lag and rubberbanding after playing a LOT without any issues.

Decided to get in the game since I had confirmation there weren't any issues and it has been a ton of fun. Green man gaming has pc version for $40.00 so it seemed good to jump in even though I wanted to wait.

autoduelist

Just bought it for ps4 on my way home from work. But I don't think I'm gonna be able to get on until tomorrow... Love seeing all the positive feedback to this point tho. Finally a great tactical one life round based shooter on consoles!!

TLOUR on survivor has served me very well, but I want this game so much. I'm so happy to hear the positive reviews.

You're absolutely right. I'm very much hoping this builds a strong community.

I can't believe I'm saying this... but if the game continues to be as balanced and fun (i.e. no exploits are found and the community stays strong - and ubisoft keeps supporting it with patches, updates, and content, I'd argue this might be the best Ubisoft game in a decade, and could very well end up being one of my favorite shooters of all time.

This seriously has everything I love in a shooter:

Asymmetrical, objective-based gameplay.
Strategy and preparation win over pure reflexes.
Risk/reward.
Team-based cooperation - i.e.: the better team wins
...but, a single player still has the capability to turn the tide of the game
Classes with unique skills
Clutter-free UI
Plethora of options for attacking the objective
Strong communication (mics and chat used by everyone)
Tight controls (this plays GREAT on PC - mouse acceleration - or lack thereof - is perfect).

... I just played for another two hours tonight. I'm absolutely TERRIBLE at this game. I've been the bottom ranked player on my team about 75% of the time. I need to be carried. But I'm still having a blast. I just know I have a lot to learn - and I love that.

Ok, so I'm 100% sold now.

I really need money for this game. U guys are killing me. :)

Exactly. If I didn't just empty the coffers on BF for presents for the kideroo and others, I'd buy it. Instead... yeah. I guess I'll have to wait.

I once played a match where a clueless dude left it on and had a whole convo with someone in his room about his taxes in which he mentioned things like his social and pin numbers.

I feel bad overhearing stuff. There was a domestic dispute I heard a couple days ago, and it still bothers me.

Tieske

Neo Member
The worst op has to be the dinner plate machine gun dude. That gun is atrocious by itself (so inaccurate) but even putting the damn thing down in a decent spot is a strugle

also im sad the shotguns are blunderbusses. they used to be decently portrayed in vegas :(

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
The game is working well but still have some problems with the same errors connections from the beta.

But the game have a superb sound design(one of the best i hear) and a superb maps designs.Put this with the destruction and the gameplay and play with friends and you have one of the most fun shooter game in years(for me).

Raytow

Really loving the game, which is weird as the beta left me with an indifferent feeling, too bad I suck at it, giving a controller is my only way of input,
kb+m hurts my wrist way too much, maybe the steam controller could fix some of that handicap anyone tried it?

HiiiLife

The worst op has to be the dinner plate machine gun dude. That gun is atrocious by itself (so inaccurate) but even putting the damn thing down in a decent spot is a strugle

also im sad the shotguns are blunderbusses. they used to be decently portrayed in vegas :(

Haha I love Tachanka. Finding the right spot to plant the LMG is the shitty part imo. But once you find a good place to camp, the body count is high when I hold down the trigger.

Top Bottom