• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

THis is what the wiki says

The base game features a total of 11 maps, each featuring their own day and night variants. 8 more maps have been announced to be released in 2016, with two maps available in each of the four expansions. All maps released after launch will be free to everyone at no extra cost.

but it doesn't seem to jive with what's been announced elsewhere unless I am missing something.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
You should get added into the GAF message thread. Usually, we always have people going and looking to fill up.

Having a good team that communicates will usually beat a great team that doesn't.

I wish it was more but I can't complain since its free. I wish we got more new content overall though. There aren't any maps that I dislike however.

How do I get added to the thread, etc.?

Klyka

Banned
This is the official roadmap

YearOneRoadmap_227421.jpg

Pachimari

Yeah, that's what I were looking for. It "sucks" that we only get four new maps, but I'm not gonna complain, as it's all free content, and I really like the way, they have planned out all of this additional content.

Klyka

Banned
Maps in Siege are very well balanced and allow tons of different approaches while being pretty big.

I can see why we only get 4.

Valkrai

Maps in Siege are very well balanced and allow tons of different approaches while being pretty big.

I can see why we only get 4.

Pretty much. The only misstep imo is Plane. Too easily you can spawn camp and its too narrow and limiting for movement and destruction.

Oh my god, can we at least have a trailer today :/

Also, PLEASE tell me we are getting a big patch that extends past the connection issues on Ubi forum. Because there are a ton of issues with the game:

pawn rotation
some clipping that can probably hopefully be reduced
getting stuck in environment
kapkan's huge exploit
castle exploit

Valkrai

Oh my god, can we at least have a trailer today :/

Also, PLEASE tell me we are getting a big patch that extends past the connection issues on Ubi forum. Because there are a ton of issues with the game:

pawn rotation
some clipping that can probably hopefully be reduced
getting stuck in environment
kapkan's huge exploit
castle exploit

I think so, IIRC I think they said they fixed the Castle glitch already for 2.0

Pachimari

I'm really disappointed in myself for not having played this game that much, and I had been waiting for so many years. Can I see an overview of the maps in this game somewhere? So that I can slowly get into it again. I don't even know where all of the cameras are located on the maps.

I was kinda weirded out by no Black Ice trailer, but remember, this week it's out for Season Pass holders, not the general public. I'm sure we'll get a trailer this week.

I think so, IIRC I think they said they fixed the Castle glitch already for 2.0

Good...but we need that Kapkan glitch fixed asap. No way can we wait another month for that.

It's very disheartening that we have no trailer. Feels like they dont care, when they should be hyping up the release

Valkrai

Good...but we need that Kapkan glitch fixed asap. No way can we wait another month for that.

It's very disheartening that we have no trailer. Feels like they dont care, when they should be hyping up the release

I don't know if they have but that needs to be fixed immediately if it hasn't been done already.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That map looks awesome. Really creative. Siege might not have 30+ maps like some Arena shooter, but they are super dense and all have their own themes... probably 1000% the work load and creativity to create these maps.

Valkrai

Hope they don't fix the Kapkan glitch because thats how his ability should work anyway. It also makes IQ useful for once.

It should at least have some audio to compensate for it as its really annoying to die without any warning. It's especially annoying if you're in a firefight and you can't check due to shooting everywhere.

Hope they don't fix the Kapkan glitch because thats how his ability should work anyway. It also makes IQ useful for once.

You know, I actually agree: IQ is so much more useful, and that makes a huge difference.

The meta shift sounds great, but we still need a proper way for Kapkan to get this buff, and not what we have now, which is ridiculous.

I also would like to see IQ get buffed: she needs to still be able to mark lethal stuff like Kapkan traps for her teammates.

This also makes Thatcher and Twitch more important, since a Twitch player should be targeting Kapkan traps, and Thatcher should be spreading his EMPs out a little more (rather than concentrating them all on the objective in the span of 3 seconds).

Evolved1

There are doorways thick enough to bury the whole pin... and now you can't see the beam?

No.

Kap doesn't need a buff. Not at all.

Klyka

Banned
Uh, we are at a point where the Kapkan glitch makes his ENTIRE TRAP invisible guys. Not even a screw or even the little box of explosives are visible.

I really don't think that's something to be happy about :p

Valkrai

This is why I'm suggesting a subtle audio change for Kapkan's trap to compensate for the invisible laser. However, the lack of a screw is bullshit.

Animator

Uh, we are at a point where the Kapkan glitch makes his ENTIRE TRAP invisible guys. Not even a screw or even the little box of explosives are visible.

I really don't think that's something to be happy about :p

Yea that needs to be fixed but if it's any consolation that hidden version of the trap doesnt kill anyone because the direction of the blast is all messed up, it blows up inside a wall. I saw people walk through that unharmed at least 6-7 times yesterday.

You know, I actually agree: IQ is so much more useful, and that makes a huge difference.

The meta shift sounds great, but we still need a proper way for Kapkan to get this buff, and not what we have now, which is ridiculous.

I also would like to see IQ get buffed: she needs to still be able to mark lethal stuff like Kapkan traps for her teammates.

This also makes Thatcher and Twitch more important, since a Twitch player should be targeting Kapkan traps, and Thatcher should be spreading his EMPs out a little more (rather than concentrating them all on the objective in the span of 3 seconds).

That's an awesome idea actually. Would love the ability to mark traps for teammates with the IQ gadget.

--

In other news that boat map looks amazing and will probably be my fav map in the game.

Evolved1

I.Q. is the only operator that needs a buff.

And Tachanka just needs to be able to set his gun up in more spaces. I also think he should be able to tear it down while he's still on it... but that's minor.

But yeah, IQ requires some buffing.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Are the new skins free with the season pass?
The 5% boost included is so useless, lol. They should've made it at least 10%-15%.

hunchback

I really wish they would give us more control over Custom Matches. I really want to be able to practice different entries and different gadget ideas with people. Something where you don't have to worry about time or getting killed.
I think if they did this there would be better game's with new players.

Valkrai

IQ has become god tier to me with this Kapkan glitch. Her weapons were always fantastic but she actually has some use aside from those stylish purple shoes.

Stat!

I.Q. is the only operator that needs a buff.

And Tachanka just needs to be able to set his gun up in more spaces. I also think he should be able to tear it down while he's still on it... but that's minor.

But yeah, IQ requires some buffing.

IQ has become god tier to me with this Kapkan glitch. Her weapons were always fantastic but she actually has some use aside from those stylish purple shoes.

IQ does not need a buff! Besides having A+ Tier level guns, she can use her IQ device to see through smoke!

I was using this yesterday with AC130 and lets just say, I cleaned house.

Would be pretty great if I could switch my loadouts in between games in a round, to you know, adjust to the situation?

IQ has three great guns. Consider switching her attachments between them so you can adjust to the situation. She is really good in that scenario

Animator

IQ does not need a buff! Besides having A+ Tier level guns, she can use her IQ device to see through smoke!

I was using this yesterday with AC130 and lets just say, I cleaned house.

IQ has three great guns. Consider switching her attachments between them so you can adjust to the situation. She is really good in that scenario

Except IQ doesn't carry smoke grenades.

KodaRuss

Pretty much. The only misstep imo is Plane. Too easily you can spawn camp and its too narrow and limiting for movement and destruction.

The spawn camping kinda sucks but it is by far my favorite map.

Really interested to see how the yacht works, looks sweet as hell.

Top Bottom