• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

BPK

Y1 operators really should cost much less now or have reduced price for Y1 season pass, instead of 25,000 renown or full price season pass it's not fair on new players and getting new players is what Ubisoft wants for this game. Out of the DLC Y1 operators, you should probably get Buck, Frost, Valkyrie, Hibana and Caviera and maybe Capitao. That's 150,000 Renown and it'll take a long time (about a month or more perhaps) to get that if you play 2-3 hours 5 days a week). Especially if you also spend renown in the mean time on attachments and other original operators.

Unfortunately, my suggestion would be to get Y1 pass and use the renown for Y2 operators. Otherwise you'll be lagging behind in terms of operators for a while unless you play a lot. And you really would want to have a decent pool of operators available to change stuff up for fun and also to be useful when situation demands.

Thanks for the answer! I looked on both the PD store and the R6S store but I can't find the Y1 pass. Was it taken down?

DQDQDQ

Sorry Mike and other two who wasted time on my horrible connection situation. Rolled back to non beta system software and it seems no different. Still have to reboot and test connection repeatedly to try to get it to work. I don't get it.

Big Brett

Anyone on PC wanna add me and play with a noobie and show me the ropes? Been playing like 3 hours now. Enjoying the hell out of it, but afraid I'm missing stuff.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
This game is becoming so unplayable for me lately on PS4... It's frustrating. All these server issues and bugs.

Auctopus

Is there something that can only be bought with that currency? Or everything is available with the in-game (yellow) one?

Well, if you have the SP, then the Operators are already unlocked. They are the biggest renown/currency sinks. Which means you're left with just the cosmetic stuff.

Use renown to unlock attachments for each of your weapons (Yes, you have to unlock the same sight for every operator separately) - it's a very small amount. Use the R6 points on just something cosmetic that you like - I used mine on a Sledge Uniform.

andycapps

damn that was good. I can rarely stay calm and collected when I'm the only one left and people are hunting me.
I got a 1 v 4 the other day but haven't done a 1 v 5 in a while.

Staying calm is hard but it definitely helps if people can watch cams and tell you where enemies are.

I've never had issues with kids room because often when we attack the defending team just either reinforces everything making it piss easy for us or leaves the room but doesn't keep the walls open making it easy for us again. When we defend we open everything up which is not something the enemy team expects. Favela in general is a terrible map, playing bomb on that map is absolute worst.

It was mostly because my friend and I got it three times in a row and we were frantically trying to make holes while our teammates were equally frantically trying to reinforce them. Fun times.

KodaRuss

damn that was good. I can rarely stay calm and collected when I'm the only one left and people are hunting me.

I got a 1 v 4 the other day but haven't done a 1 v 5 in a while.

Staying calm is hard but it definitely helps if people can watch cams and tell you where enemies are.

I think the key to that one and when I have been able to pull of a 1v# previously is how much time I had left, the round had barely started and I was all by myself. The opposing team just goes stupid when there is one person left and you can really make them pay for it.

I think the key to that one and when I have been able to pull of a 1v# previously is how much time I had left, the round had barely started and I was all by myself. The opposing team just goes stupid when there is one person left and you can really make them pay for it.

I love it when you're on the roof and they starting running around outside like monkeys.

andycapps

That too. I got the 1 v 4 the other day on defense. Offense is a little easier because like you said, people get cocky and run outside and you can usually get the odds a little more in your favor that way.

Well, if you have the SP, then the Operators are already unlocked. They are the biggest renown/currency sinks. Which means you're left with just the cosmetic stuff.

Use renown to unlock attachments for each of your weapons (Yes, you have to unlock the same sight for every operator separately) - it's a very small amount. Use the R6 points on just something cosmetic that you like - I used mine on a Sledge Uniform.

Some skins are R6 Credits exclusive. You'll have to dig through the store - there are some "Elite" skins if you like, but just a handful at the moment.

Thank you. I'd really liked a in-game map, I feel like I won't be able to learn the various layout without one

mrproducto

Neo Member
Is there a way to report people, like OW?

I have been running into some serious racist banter I would have expected this from COD, but not this game. Really ruining my experience, since I want voice on to communicate.

Rocketz

Y2S1 Pro League Skins. Blitz, Frost, Montagne, Pulse

JBUIHuw.jpg
2INGoYI.jpg

IiNs3NE.jpg
v7c9uSm.jpg

andycapps

Is there a way to report people, like OW?

I have been running into some serious racist banter I would have expected this from COD, but not this game. Really ruining my experience, since I want voice on to communicate.
With more people playing comes more of this, unfortunately. You can mute them individually or if on PC can turn off text chat via HUD options. You can report suspicious behavior if you think it'll do any good. Probably won't. Report toxic behavior should be an option along with having categories for type of behavior.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Y2S1 Pro League Skins. Blitz, Frost, Montagne, Pulse

The skin designers have no idea how to maintain character identity. How easy would it be to confuse Blitz or Montange at a distance with those skins? I always felt Frost's white coat should be a fixed detail. Look at how similar Blitz and Montagne look - these are silly, avoidable mistakes.

yeah but I have problems having only the maps OR being in them

Make a private game and roam around on each map - I found it much better than trying to learn them during actual matches.

Auctopus

I'm away for the next two weeks so I'm going to be MIA on Siege, right as I felt I was getting my groove back. Hope the game somehow miraculously improves for you guys.

I've been having so many of these lately and usually I panic but I've been rocking them for the team. It's always 1-2 people who are impatient and jump out where I'm expecting them. Then I take note of the ones inside with my drone. Clutching the win with your heart racing is awesome.

Maybe this is a long shot but does anyone play R6 on XB1 regularly? It's been my go to mp game for like 6 months now and I usually play alone, unless I get lucky and get a team with mics. I'd really like to get in on a decent crew. I only play ranked, unless the servers are jank.

My GT: Bloodbathnbyond

fr0st

Banned
Maybe this is a long shot but does anyone play R6 on XB1 regularly? It's been my go to mp game for like 6 months now and I usually play alone, unless I get lucky and get a team with mics. I'd really like to get in on a decent crew. I only play ranked, unless the servers are jank.

My GT: Bloodbathnbyond

add me

RaiN DancE X

CrayToes

Think I'm coming to the end of my run with this game. The negatives are finally starting to outweigh the positives and there are far better games that demand my attention during what little spare time I have. GG Ubi for botching the launch of this season so heavily and showing so little desire to put it right.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Think I'm coming to the end of my run with this game. The negatives are finally starting to outweigh the positives and there are far better games that demand my attention during what little spare time I have. GG Ubi for botching the launch of this season so heavily and showing so little desire to put it right.

I don't blame you, this year has started pretty badly.The amount of bugs is unfathomable, everytime there is a patch you can count on more bugs being added to the game, it's crazy. Maybe one day soon ubi will get it's shit together and you will feel better playing this game. Personally i'm not quite done with this game but the bugs and MM issues have dampen my passion for it.

Auctopus

I'm undoubtedly going to come back for each new operator, sadly but I totally understand you Craytoes. I just constantly think how great this game could really be if the developers just gave the slightest shit.

I still love the odd matches with GAF, especially when the game is really shining but I can't be bothered with the true grind when games take 2 minutes to join and sometimes can't figure out how to create a full game. Not mention the amount of excellent games that I'd like to catch up on that are releasing atm.

LAM09

I'm undoubtedly going to come back for each new operator, sadly but I totally understand you Craytoes. I just constantly think how great this game could really be if the developers just gave the slightest shit.

I still love the odd matches with GAF, especially when the game is really shining but I can't be bothered with the true grind when games take 2 minutes to join and sometimes can't figure out how to create a full game. Not mention the amount of excellent games that I'd like to catch up on that are releasing atm.

They just need to iron out the current issues instead of promising new features & improvements and simply making matters worse. It's absolutely unbelievable that the ranked match bug hasn't been fixed pronto (one person leaves from the losing team before for the match finishes and you're lucky to get one point).

OG Kush

Haven't played in a couple of weeks... Needed a break from this game, and got heavily into the witcher 3! Have they patched the last patch, fixing the shield explosive damage?

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Haven't played in a couple of weeks... Needed a break from this game, and got heavily into the witcher 3! Have they patched the last patch, fixing the shield explosive damage?

Yeah they fixed the shield bug but there are a lot of issues that need fixing.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand how the ranking points system is so BS still.

Lose 171 points on a loss but win 33 against the SAME TEAM.

how

Well it does say that the ranked system is a beta so is a work in progress.......even after a year after release. I expect they fix the ranked issues in rainbow six siege 2.

OrangeOak

anyone here with error 2-0x0000e000 on PC? Is there something I can do to solve it.
It only happens when I try to play with my cousin but the problem is we bought that game to play together.
I searched google and there is A LOT of people with that error but no solution.
This is really shitty that it's not fixed yet.

andycapps

anyone here with error 2-0x0000e000 on PC? Is there something I can do to solve it.
It only happens when I try to play with my cousin but the problem is we bought that game to play together.
I searched google and there is A LOT of people with that error but no solution.
This is really shitty that it's not fixed yet.
I don't know that I've ever gotten that error code before but if you can't join with a friend it's usually NAT type related or there could be some ports you need to forward to your routers for the game.

The Flash

Banned
Alright after some pressuring from Twitter GAF I buckled and got the Starter Edition on Steam.
1. I used half of my credit to unlock Doc after getting some advice
2. Who should I unlock after that?
3. How the hell do I play this game?

fr0st

Banned
Alright after some pressuring from Twitter GAF I buckled and got the Starter Edition on Steam.
1. I used half of my credit to unlock Doc after getting some advice
2. Who should I unlock after that?
3. How the hell do I play this game?
Rook fit defense since he's straightforward

Ash and thermite for for attacking since they're good all around.

Don't get fuze please

For playing you have to learn the maid pretty well since there's no map.

Holding angles is also needed for both attacking and defending.

You can practice memorizing the map by using the drones and the names if each location like 1F kitchen on kafe

Top Bottom