• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

arimanius

Just started playing this again tonight. Been a very long time. Forgot how hard and how much I suck lol. Is the PS4 community still active for finding groups?

DoomGyver

I just bought this on X1 and was wondering if any of you work nights in the US like me and play in the middle of the night, if so feel free to add me as a friend on X1 (gamertag is in my profile). I'm currently going through the situations to get a feel for the game.

fr0st

Banned
I just bought this on X1 and was wondering if any of you work nights in the US like me and play in the middle of the night, if so feel free to add me as a friend on X1 (gamertag is in my profile). I'm currently going through the situations to get a feel for the game.
Add me my gt is RaiN DancE X I don't play in the middle of the night but more people to play with is always nice.

KodaRuss

Alright this is just getting stupid, fucking Ubisoft man...

Patch Notes 1.2 - Released January
Hit Registration Improvements
Updated the server tick rate for all PC users, coming soon to consoles
With the goal of improving positioning and shooting replication, we had deployed a first update on PC in which the player position update rate is set to 60 times per second (vs. the previous 30). This change however has been done in an intermittent fashion and in certain regions only, as we were testing various configurations. We are now satisfied with its state so we are now deploying this update to all PC users. As soon as this feature has been validated with this more massive test on PC, we will be deploying this update on consoles as soon as possible.

Found this on the Reddit page, first comment right now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/6ateou/ubisoft_on_operation_health/

Auctopus

Alright this is just getting stupid, fucking Ubisoft man...

Patch Notes 1.2 - Released January

Found this on the Reddit page, first comment right now.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/6ateou/ubisoft_on_operation_health/

Yeah, there's not much of an explanation for this one, is there? Even Epi said "I don't know, I'll have to check" (not that that's a particularly unique reply from him).

It's pretty much they either lowered them secretly or never updated them in the first place. The latter of which removes the validity of what they've told us about Operation Health.

Disgraced

I don't work nights but I do take a lot of caffeine and hate myself. So yeah, I play in the middle of the night occasionally.

GT: H2O Disgraced

Yeah, there's not much of an explanation for this one, is there? Even Epi said "I don't know, I'll have to check" (not that that's a particularly unique reply from him).

It's pretty much they either lowered them secretly or never updated them in the first place. The latter of which removes the validity of what they've told us about Operation Health.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if they did 60 or 50 initially and the lowered it in the background.

Currently, the amount of death from bullets behind corners, or ridiculous peaks feels like it's at an all time high.

KodaRuss

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if they did 60 or 50 initially and the lowered it in the background.

Currently, the amount of death from bullets behind corners, or ridiculous peaks feels like it's at an all time high.

While this would be a crazy thing to admit, it would make me feel a little better about my drop in play... lol

KodaRuss

Epi on the subreddit updated the reason as to why the tick rate is 50 and not 60. Apparently it was back end game logic that was resulting in inconsistent results at 60 and they'll be making changes to have everything consistent at 60 supposedly.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/Rainbow6/comments/6ateou/ubisoft_on_operation_health/dhhk7wt/

Pretty good explanation but they never told us what was going on. I kinda wonder what the tick rate of some other MP games are at the moment.

Pretty good explanation but they never told us what was going on. I kinda wonder what the tick rate of some other MP games are at the moment.

Yea, they need to be way more transparent with that stuff.

Most competitive titles (such as CS:GO) run at 60. Some servers go above that, but it's generally 60.

I think some of the shooters console versions (Battlefield IIRC) have tick rate servers of 30.

Yea, they need to be way more transparent with that stuff.

Most competitive titles (such as CS:GO) run at 60. Some servers go above that, but it's generally 60.

I think some of the shooters console versions (Battlefield IIRC) have tick rate servers of 30.

Yeah, BF1 mostly runs at 30hz (both ways) but there are a few that run at 45hz. They rotate the 45hz servers when they reset. Overwatch IIRC runs at 60hz on all platforms. Titanfall 2 receives at 60hz but sends at 20hz :| It causes some frustration...

Compsiox

Banned
This game is so good. So rarely do I find a game where I can put in like 900 hours and still be amazed by it.

The last one was probably Halo 2 multiplayer for me.

Magwik

Banned
This game is so good. So rarely do I find a game where I can put in like 900 hours and still be amazed by it.

The last one was probably Halo 2 multiplayer for me.

Just the flexibility alone in how each and every match plays out (when you're not getting stomped on) is amazing.

Auctopus

Just the flexibility alone in how each and every match plays out (when you're not getting stomped on) is amazing.

I think this is what bothers me most about spawn-killing. Yes, it's efficient, no, it's not cheating but it sucks so much fun and variety out of the game for everyone.

Magwik

Banned
I think this is what bothers me most about spawn-killing. Yes, it's efficient, no, it's not cheating but it sucks so much fun and variety out of the game for everyone.

No I hate it to. Roaming around is fine, but there's a reason spawn killing is banned from pro-league, it just removes a lot from the game.

DoomGyver

I've put over ten hours into the MP and I don't think a single match has played out the same so far. It's complex and I love it. I haven't put much time into a game since TLOU came out - I just got burnt out on MP games a couple of years ago. I used to be good at COD4 and MW2 S&D and sort of lost my edge the last few years. Getting older, getting busier with life changes and all.

But this game makes my heart rate go up like gears of war did back when it came out. It gets intense. My K:D is only about .5 right now haha, once I memorize the layouts and get in some time with all of the operators things should improve. I found it difficult to find a controller setting that worked well, and being rusty doesn't help. I used to play COD at 80% sensitivity but in Siege I've been playing at 45/60 and ADS at 35. I started with it higher and I kept overshooting my opponents - which hurt my performance a lot.

I was playing social, but tonight I I'm going to focus on some terrorist hunt to get a better feel of the maps. When I'm actually playing attack/defend in social it's hard to find time to just explore the maps. You have to you know - play the objective in order to win. Anyways I'm liking this game a lot, it's what I needed to get me back into MP.

I've put over ten hours into the MP and I don't think a single match has played out the same so far. It's complex and I love it. I haven't put much time into a game since TLOU came out - I just got burnt out on MP games a couple of years ago. I used to be good at COD4 and MW2 S&D and sort of lost my edge the last few years. Getting older, getting busier with life changes and all.

But this game makes my heart rate go up like gears of war did back when it came out. It gets intense. My K:D is only about .5 right now haha, once I memorize the layouts and get in some time with all of the operators things should improve. I found it difficult to find a controller setting that worked well, and being rusty doesn't help. I used to play COD at 80% sensitivity but in Siege I've been playing at 45/60 and ADS at 35. I started with it higher and I kept overshooting my opponents - which hurt my performance a lot.

I was playing social, but tonight I I'm going to focus on some terrorist hunt to get a better feel of the maps. When I'm actually playing attack/defend in social it's hard to find time to just explore the maps. You have to you know - play the objective in order to win. Anyways I'm liking this game a lot, it's what I needed to get me back into MP.

Sounds like.....you're on the road....to a....... Full Recovery....

DavidCaruso.gif

nOoblet16

Ok I've tried to find the video of this thing but I haven't been able to so maybe somewhere here knows something about it. I thought it was the Xbox One semi finals but I guess I was wrong.

Back during the invitational competition I saw a match where a Thermite player placed his charge on the hatch but he placed it diagonally on one of the corners of the hatch so that half of it was covering the hatch and half of it was covering the wooden floor. By doing this when the Thermite blew the charge thr hatch got blown open along with bits of the floor which made for a large opening to look around the bottom room. I was absolutely sure that it was the Oregon laundry room hatch but I'm not so sure now.

Anyone know what I am talking about here ?

andycapps

Ok I've tried to find the video of this thing but I haven't been able to so maybe somewhere here knows something about it. I thought it was the Xbox One semi finals but I guess I was wrong.

Back during the invitational competition I saw a match where a Thermite player placed his charge on the hatch but he placed it diagonally on one of the corners of the hatch so that half of it was covering the hatch and half of it was covering the wooden floor. By doing this when the Thermite blew the charge thr hatch got blown open along with bits of the floor which made for a large opening to look around the bottom room. I was absolutely sure that it was the Oregon laundry room hatch but I'm not so sure now.

Has to be Oregon on the laundry hatch, or something like that with a "soft" floor next to it.

I remember watching a match like this but unfortunately I don't remember the specific one. I think I've seen Pro teams do the same on Chalet as well a couple of times for the Kitchen bomb site but not recently due to the prominence of Buck in competitive play recently.

nOoblet16

Has to be Oregon on the laundry hatch, or something like that with a "soft" floor next to it.

I remember watching a match like this but unfortunately I don't remember the specific one. I think I've seen Pro teams do the same on Chalet as well a couple of times for the Kitchen bomb site but not recently due to the prominence of Buck in competitive play recently.

The thing is I want to find the video so that I can look for the exact location on how to place the charge because I've tried to do it but it didn't work (he'd always place the charge entirely on the hatch or entirely on the floor) so I thought maybe I'm just trying to place it from the wrong angle.

There is little or no information online on this trick be it reddit or youtube, outside of those videos from the Pro league matches.

The thing is I want to find the video so that I can look for the exact location on how to place the charge because I've tried to do it but it didn't work (he'd always place the charge entirely on the hatch or entirely on the floor) so I thought maybe I'm just trying to place it from the wrong angle.

There is little or no information online on this trick be it reddit or youtube, outside of those videos from the Pro league matches.

I'll try to find a video but try placing the thermite charge on the unreinforced portion of the floor rather than the hatch itself. So that the charge is on the floor mainly but just ends up connecting to the hatch just a bit. It should blow the hatch up if the Hibana pellets on the wall next to the Oregon hatch interaction is any indicator.

Auctopus

Bought the starter edition. Does it really take 50-60 matches to unlock 1 operator? ffs.

Uhhh, no.

Play through all the Situations and do Article 5 if you can. You'll easily be able to afford 5-6 operators after that.

The pricing structure is designed so you try out the different countries so don't buy all from one squad or you'll end up wasting Renown on only 4 operators. I like the pricing structure, it means you're not drowned in options when you start, you have to think about which operator is most useful for you to buy next. It means you're not constantly swapping between guns when you're just starting out.

- Play Situations (these are also designed to help you decide on your first operators to buy)
- Play Article 5
- Matchmake Terrorist Hunt (maybe do 4-5 matches)
- Start matchmaking Casual when you have about 2-3 ATT and DEF Ops.

HariKari

Uhhh, no.

Play through all the Situations and do Article 5 if you can. You'll easily be able to afford 5-6 operators after that.

You get two out of the box and enough R6 credits to buy two more of the OG operators. I did every situation and article 5. The starter edition has higher operator prices at 12.5k renown each.

HariKari

Oh shit, I didn't know that - sorry. Ouch.

There's no way of knowing the renown gain ahead of time, so I think those prices are a bit absurd for someone that isn't aware. For a game that has been out awhile and has plenty of other microtransactions to hook people in, I feel like it should be half that. I can tolerate a bit of a grind, but having only 4 operators (Mute, Ash, Jaeger, Sledge) starts to get old, so you start looking forward to your next operator, but they're very, very far away and it dawns on you that you'll have to repeat this many times to even just unlock the originals. The newer operators are 25k renown each.

That's 15 hours each for base operators and double that for new ones, with no way to change that besides buying boosters.

Yeah. Not a very friendly model IMO.

Erban1

No it's just that price for the "standard edition" the only similarity is the 25k renown prices for dlc operators

12.5k renown for the default operators? WTF i never knew it was that much without premium. That is a bit out of order.

pretty sure that price point is only for the starter edition, which is a cheaper version of the game with a modified version of the economy.

What is the Rainbow Six Siege PC Starter Edition?
The Starter Edition...

- Provides full access to the Rainbow Six Siege game for 15€ / £11.99 with a different system for unlocking operators (see below).
- Instantly unlocks up to 4 Operators.
- Requires additional grinding to unlock the remaining 16 original Operators (Operators are unlockable for 12,500 Renown, compared to 500-2,000 renown in the Standard Edition)

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025116/Starter-Edition-FAQ

Cheap way to get into the game if you know you'll play steadily, but results in a much slower start to get the base operators. Sadly i don't think a season pass would even unlock the base operators. Might be worth investing in a few renown boosters to speed that process up

nOoblet16

Have they ever said anything g about implementing lead without aim on consoles? Someone on GAF once said that they've been internally testing it out but I don't know if it was just tales from ass or there was any truth to it.

Also anyone wants to squad up right now or soon? Can play on both PS4 or Xbox

Don't even buy the starter edition. Like under no circumstance should you ever consider it.

In the standard edition you can unlock all the original operators for 20,000 renown.

In the starter edition, the original operator cost roughly 200,000 renown.

Just don't. Spend the extra few quid on the standard game (I got it for £15 on PC).

Javier23

Banned
Today I learned after playing the game for 150+ hours that Jäger's Magpies are limited use and they run out after 2 shots...lol
WTF? 200 hours and I do play a lot with Jager and I just learned that too. I always thought that the fact they couldn't catch every Fuze pellet was because of them being too fast.

nOoblet16

I always thought it was because they had a cooldown after shooting 2 times and that they would always shoot down grenades/cluster charge as long as it's not in cooldown.

This will kind of change the way I use Magpies, basically I'll now use them primarily to block grenades than cluster charge. For cluster charges it'd be better to put it near a teammate who is staying in the room than near a window.

Have they ever said anything g about implementing lead without aim on consoles? Someone on GAF once said that they've been internally testing it out but I don't know if it was just tales from ass or there was any truth to it.

Also anyone wants to squad up right now or soon? Can play on both PS4 or Xbox

What does this mean?

I'm guessing it's a typo. Lean without aim.

Seems like it would be easy to implement that you would stay in lean after leaving ADS. But I don't know what the best solution for actually doing the lean from hip would be in this game. There's a button shortage!

Ever since trying out the free weekend of this in February (then buying it immediately) I've found it so hard to get back into a mood of playing Overwatch because it's so easy to get into miserable situations with it. Not once in the 190~ hours I've plunked into Siege thus far has had me right at the start of the match in operator selection think "ugh this match is already a dud", which in turn has given it so much more mindshare with my impulse game time. Boy I love me some Siege.

nOoblet16

I'm guessing it's a typo. Lean without aim.

Seems like it would be easy to implement that you would stay in lean after leaving ADS. But I don't know what the best solution for actually doing the lean from hip would be in this game. There's a button shortage!
Actually there are more buttons than you think.

I'll use PS4 button prompts here. X does pretty much nothing, so X+Dpad or X+analogue would work for leaning from hip and will be fast. Both consoles also have triggers that have two steps so a half trigger press+L3/R3 would work to activate leaning without aim as well (don't need to hold the trigger after activating as you stay in lean until you change it) and you can do a full trigger press to go to ADS while leaning from there, the best part about this is that there will be no learning curve for this at all as it'll be implementing it in with the existing lean mechanic.

nOoblet16

Ok so I've figured out how to blow open the hatch and a soft floor to the side together with one Thermite charge. I am assuming it should work when the hatch is reinforced as well (couldn't try it with a reinforced hatch since I was alone in a local custom game).

Now you can play as Buck and open shit up everywhere but if you don't have one you can try this. But even if you have one this will come as a surprise to enemy players as they won't expect parts of the floor to be open at the same time while they are trying to position themselves best to take cover from hatch peeks.

Basically you need to position yourself so that your charge is actually aiming for the soft floor and not the hatch. You'll know it's aiming at the soft floor when you get a yellow light like this.

jPxetvg.jpg

When you place the charge, majority of it will be on the floor and barely any of it will be on the hatch (I am pretty sure it only works when you place it on one of the corners diagonally but could be wrong).

hQ4yPS7.jpg

Then you blow it up et voila !! A really big fucking opening.

BZmrNqs.jpg

It will work on ALL hatches that have soft cover near them.
ao87Hoi.jpg

DQDQDQ

Ok so I've figured out how to blow open the hatch and a soft floor to the side together with one Thermite charge.

If I'm in a room and a Thermite charge is going off on non-reinforced wall or floor, I'm going to shoot it every time and neither the hatch nor the floor would get blown open.

But most of the time it seems people either don't know you can do that or don't care, so this is worth trying in spots.

fr0st

Banned
If I'm in a room and a Thermite charge is going off on non-reinforced wall or floor, I'm going to shoot it every time and neither the hatch nor the floor would get blown open.

But most of the time it seems people either don't know you can do that or don't care, so this is worth trying in spots.
Yea the one on club house is a good example.

You can just Chuck a impact grenade and get the thermite charge

Thing is figuring out where the charge is being placed. In some locations with both a reinforced hatch and a soft floor, there's too much going on for the defenders to be able to pop the charge before it goes off (you can't just shoot the hatch). Especially because some attack tactics do a late hatch opening as other attackers push in forcing defenders to focus elsewhere.

Still, the tactic is less prominent now due to the inclusion of Buck but I do like how much counterplay is involved even in something like this.

Top Bottom