• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rainbow Six: Siege |OT| Idris Elba sold separately

Keihart

To be fair, they mentioned on the beginning of op health that test servers would always get the content updates first than consoles. No surprises there.

TheKeyPit

Banned
God it's going to be so hard to see and hit Ash/Pulse with their default uniform because of that. Ash you can completely weap her up in black clothing and except for her hair and bits around eyes everything can be pitch black. So many times I died because I had a hard time detecting her (tiny) silhouette.
Defender Operator idea: A mine that releases paint and colors the enemy yellow. They will look like you would see them through Glaz' scope.

andycapps

Delta Force and Navy Seal are part of the army, are they not? While FBI is police? Rainbow Six deals with latter, ie hostage and domestic terrorism scenarios.
Essentially. Delta Force is part of the US Army's special operations forces and Navy Seals are obviously part of the Navy. FBI is a law enforcement entity.

arimanius

So since everyone told me to play rank instead of casual I played 5 placement matches today. So if you got me on your team I'm sorry lol.

I do have a couple of questions from playing tho.

1. Do rank matches not backfill when people leave? Had one match that was 3 v 5.
2. No one seems to use mics on the PS4. The couple of people that did just used them to call me trash. Assuming more people use mics in the higher ranks?
3. Any exploits or hacking on the PS4? I asked because I got one shot through the ceiling. Kill cam showed doc with a pistol looking at the floor then aimed to the corner where I was a one shot me.
4. People made fun of my old school Christmas skin on my weapons. :( Not really a question just feelsbadman lol

Disgraced

I do have a couple of questions from playing tho.

1. Do rank matches not backfill when people leave? Had one match that was 3 v 5.
They're not supposed to, no. But it does happen. It's mysterious. Leavers suck. So does backfilling. Sorry that happened to you. 🤷
2. No one seems to use mics on the PS4. The couple of people that did just used them to call me trash. Assuming more people use mics in the higher ranks?
The higher the ranks the more the mics, yes, but I don't know if that'll mean fewer assholes. You'll have a better time with friends. A lot of the community here is on PS4 if you're interested. They seem like nice fellas.
3. Any exploits or hacking on the PS4? I asked because I got one shot through the ceiling. Kill cam showed doc with a pistol looking at the floor then aimed to the corner where I was a one shot me.
Hacking? No. Exploits? Everywhere. Haven't heard of that one though. It's very probable somebody heard, saw, or otherwise deduced you were there and called you out to Doc. Or Doc heard, saw, or otherwise deduced you were there. If you were in a corner you were cornered.
4. People made fun of my old school Christmas skin on my weapons. :( Not really a question just feelsbadman lol
Get a better skin, dork.

arimanius

They're not supposed to, no. But it does happen. It's mysterious. Leavers suck. So does backfilling. Sorry that happened to you. 🤷

Well as long as I know it's not suppose to then it's all good. Does suck to be down a man or two but oh well.

The higher the ranks the more the mics, yes, but I don't know if that'll mean fewer assholes. You'll have a better time with friends. A lot of the community here is on PS4 if you're interested. They seem like nice fellas.

Yeah that's what I'd figured. I'm fine with no mics now since I'm absolutely horrible. Lol. I did play with GAF when the game first launched and it was a blast. Need to do that again since I think that's when this game is at its best. Angra_mainya is my psn name if anyone wants to team up.

Hacking? No. Exploits? Everywhere. Haven't heard of that one though. It's very probable somebody heard, saw, or otherwise deduced you were there and called you out to Doc. Or Doc heard, saw, or otherwise deduced you were there. If you were in a corner you were cornered.

Yeah it could of been anything but it just came out of no where and the kill cam looked odd. Someone could of called my location out I suppose or like you said could of been any number of things.

Get a better skin, dork.

I switched to the elephant skin! :D

jkupper

Neo Member
Seeing lots of streamers and pro players talking about the new update on twitter. Saying its amazing. New update is live at Gamescom.

How many people are working on this game? They should basically have an operation health team continually working on fixes and QoL along with a new content team. Operation Health shouldn't be a one time deal but a continual, focused effort.

nOoblet16

How many people are working on this game? They should basically have an operation health team continually working on fixes and QoL along with a new content team. Operation Health shouldn't be a one time deal but a continual, focused effort.

Ubi knows the game's doing well and better than they expected so imo they should let the developers expand and have access to more resources. An extensive and permanent health team would be a good idea for a live game like this rather than have only a handful of people work on it along with everything else they work on.

Fury451

Banned
Ubi knows the game's doing well and better than they expected so imo they should let the developers expand and have access to more resources. An extensive and permanent health team would be a good idea for a live game like this rather than have only a handful of people work on it along with everything else they work on.

Agreed. I still maintain that Ubi essentially sent this to die, but weren't prepared for the massive bump in population over the next two years. It deserves more resources because the team is clearly working hard, but not able to split focus enough to be effective in the ways needed.

Ubisoft gave this a second season, and will give it a third and fourth.

That said, they are cheap bastards who are doing as little possible while the devs work their asses off. Seriously, the amount of time that goes into balancing new maps, balancing new operators, and working out the bugs must be insane.

They do a fantastic job at balancing operators. Of the ones in the game, IQ and Capitao are the only two that feel poor due to their abilities.

Anywho, some impressions Im picking up from the web:

Leison's poison traps take like 2 seconds to remove. Doesn't do much damage, but he starts with 1 and can amass a huge amount (7ish) by the end of the round, as he gains 1 per 15-20 seconds.

So he has a lot of potential to harass opponents if he gains a good amount and peppers them around key areas.

Ela is supposedly the strongest of the 3, with a lot of potential to roam and harass.

No ACOGs on Bandit and Jaeger, which should make them less effective at roaming/longer distance kills. I'm confident attackers will have a good advantage with their ACOGs.

Between Ela, Bandit, Jaeger, Pulse, Valkyrie, and Caveira, roaming is going to be pretty effective, but finely balanced out against room defenders, since if there are too many roamers, the attackers will be able to take an objective pretty fast.

Ying is supposedly well balanced, but she has like 3 options to deploy her flashbangs. I think it's 1 second blindness per flashbang, but there are other options that sound confusing when explained.

Fury451

Banned
They do a fantastic job at balancing operators. Of the ones in the game, IQ and Capitao are the only two that feel poor due to their abilities.

For sure they do. IQ is getting something of a stealth buff though because I presume she can see both Ela's mines and Lesion's traps, so it's not that she's invaluable, only that she's handicapped by having to keep her (weak) pistol out to scan, and being unable to mark (though marking electronics for the team may make her a bit too good).

Mentioned this before, but having her able to mount her gadget on her rifle would be good- increase recoil and make aiming harder when it's open, allow her to close it for regular rifle stats.

Cap is another matter- he has a great main gun and I get the concept of him being a chokepoint holder, but he's too much of a glass cannon to really be useful on any regular basis.

Ubisoft gave this a second season, and will give it a third and fourth.

That said, they are cheap bastards who are doing as little possible while the devs work their asses off. Seriously, the amount of time that goes into balancing new maps, balancing new operators, and working out the bugs must be insane.

Anywho, some impressions Im picking up from the web:

Leison's poison traps take like 2 seconds to remove. Doesn't do much damage, but he starts with 1 and can amass a huge amount (7ish) by the end of the round, as he gains 1 per 15-20 seconds.

So he has a lot of potential to harass opponents if he gains a good amount and peppers them around key areas.

Ela is supposedly the strongest of the 3, with a lot of potential to roam and harass.

No ACOGs on Bandit and Jaeger, which should make them less effective at roaming/longer distance kills. I'm confident attackers will have a good advantage with their ACOGs.

Between Ela, Bandit, Jaeger, Pulse, Valkyrie, and Caveira, roaming is going to be pretty effective, but finely balanced out against room defenders, since if there are too many roamers, the attackers will be able to take an objective pretty fast.

Ying is supposedly well balanced, but she has like 3 options to deploy her flashbangs. I think it's 1 second blindness per flashbang, but there are other options that sound confusing when explained.

We've talked about improving IQ since release. She has a great set of weapons. She just needs an 'offensive' rather than passive gadget. Aka her gadget should alter or remove enemy electronics in a stealthy yet detectable manner. This would make her an alternative to Thatcher like Hibana and Thermite. Thermite/Thatcher are the go big and loud AOE gadgets. IQ/Hibana are the stealthy and selective targeted gadgets. Easy peasy, it's like poetry. For Capitao I would say he needs more ammo in his crossbow. At least 3 shots and a wider area of effect for each. Maybe not wider but possible taller. If I shoot the asphyxiating bolt above a deployable shield it should engulf it I feel.

For sure they do. IQ is getting something of a stealth buff though because I presume she can see both Ela's mines and Lesion's traps, so it's not that she's invaluable, only that she's handicapped by having to keep her (weak) pistol out to scan, and being unable to mark (though marking electronics for the team may make her a bit too good).

Mentioned this before, but having her able to mount her gadget on her rifle would be good- increase recoil and make aiming harder when it's open, allow her to close it for regular rifle stats.

Cap is another matter- he has a great main gun and I get the concept of him being a chokepoint holder, but he's too much of a glass cannon to really be useful on any regular basis.

Temporary (30 sec?) mark perhaps? It would make it useful for detecting if the enemy messed up their jammer placement and there's a coverage gab for hibana or thermite. I still like the idea of a hack capability. I'm just spitballing on Capitao buffs. Idk really.

nOoblet16

I like playing on both, and I play most of my games on consoles but in Siege I am definitely a lot more confident with my engagements when I play on PC. On consoles I play considerably slower than my friends.I had to remap a lot of controls and some things are still a bit awkward but it's only because all actions that you have are actions that you keep using in game constantly so even if your priorities the best keys to actions you think you'll use the most, some of the actions will end up in awkward keys which could take time to adjust to.

The only thing I do like about the controller and this is something that the PC version just simply does not do at all...is that I can control my moving speed rather than just be able to switch between two modes i.e. full walking speed and slowest walking speed. On consoles I like to walk at a medium pace which is quieter but faster than the slowest walking speed, I can't do this on PC. Wish the game had a walking speed control using the scroll wheel like Splinter Cell.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Changes to rotation in season 3:https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-299564-16/changes-to-map-rotations-in-season-3
Thank God no more Bartlet university in ranked.
Wait wow favelas and ship (can't remember name) both gone from casual and ranked. Also some maps are getting reworked, and some will get thrown out forever due to them reaching there data limit size.
I'm not 100% okay with this.

Edit: What's up with them reaching data limit sizes? What?

Changes to rotation in season 3:https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-299564-16/changes-to-map-rotations-in-season-3
Wait wow favelas and ship (can't remember name) both gone from casual and ranked. Also some maps are getting reworked, and some will get thrown out forever due to them reaching there data limit size.

I'll miss Kanal and Hereford, but it was a worthy sacrifice to purge the playlist from Flavela. Hate the map, hate how janky the performance is too.

playing on pc is so weird compared to consoles

I took to it like a duck to water, feels so much smoother and snappier to control. Though I suppose that's down to the frame rate mainly, 60FPS to 144FPS is an appreciable leap to say the least, plus g sync, plus mouse aiming and a mechanical keyboard. So many factors there reducing the overall input lag over the PS4 version.

TheKeyPit

Banned
"To be clear, not all maps that are removed from the Casual playlist will be reworked, but some of them will be over the course of the years to come."

"but some of them will be over the course of the years to come"

"years to come"

Auctopus

:O

Fantastic news.

Happy to see Yacht gone but I feel like Favela just needs a rework.

Foxxsoxx

Yay the removal of content...

I'm not okay with this. I play Ranked so I can rank up, have longer matches, and have better matchups. Not so that I can half the maps available.

I'm not a fan of Favala but that doesn't mean I want it gone from the game. Also maps like Hereford and House are my favorite ranked maps and now they're just AWOL...

CrayToes

Finally. Was sick of those God awful maps in ranked. Especially Hereford which is quietly one of the worst maps in the game. Favela & Yacht getting taken out to be reworked isn't a bad thing either.

jkupper

Neo Member
Very excited for this as well. Ranked should just be balanced maps. I'm sure they will add the new map to ranked at a later date when people have learned it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

This one needs to be walked back ASAP. Removing maps from rotation in either ranked or casual is a terrible idea, even if ranked makes a little more sense as they'd want to strive for better balance for the sake of accurate ranking.

Gutting the game of content shouldn't be seen as a positive. They don't have to remove a map from the game to work on it in their Dev branch.

groansey

The removal of any existing content is concerning, and this should raise major alarms with the nature of "games-as-a-service". The game shipped with House, yet it's one of the maps likely to be removed in future. To what extent do players own that content, why should Ubi have the right to remove it?!

Especially given their reasoning. This isn't a QA exercise, it's due to data limits on their servers. So if we're getting 4 new maps every year are we going to lose 4 old ones?
Are they going to rework old maps and reintroduce them as part of the seasonal dlc?

The whole thing makes me extremely uncomfortable and on top of all the server issues, delays and cut content, the playerbase should be up in arms about this.

Auctopus

Interested to see how quickly the reworks are done. Getting a reworked Yacht or Favela at the beginning of Season 4 would be cool.

To be honest, I think Yacht's problems are just inherent of its setting. If they wanted an interesting boat map, it should've been a cruise or tanker ship. Yacht is just too narrow.

nOoblet16

If they are taking them off to rework them then fine, but if it's gone forever then that is SHIT ! Especially because the game needs new maps considering we only get 1 map every 4 months or so.

favela can suck a dick though with its bomb mode as can Bartlett with it's closed off entrances.

Top Bottom