• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ramona Flowers Ruined a Whole Generation of Women

• Thread starter Deleted member 713885
  • Start date

Cravis

uNTdUYI.jpg

Ramona was a huge slut.

Knives was always better.

I respectfully disagree that Ramona was a slut, and my Ramona "BIG SLUT" body pillow agrees with me...

Knives always being better. I concede there, because it's true. Knives is the type of woman that one could have a wonderful and amazingly loving life together with.

TrainedRage

Banned
I respectfully disagree that Ramona was a slut, and my Ramona "BIG SLUT" body pillow agrees with me...

Knives always being better. I concede there, because it's true. Knives is the type of woman that one could have a wonderful and amazingly loving life together with.
Damn you. Making me post because I cant put a LOL AND a fire emoji. :messenger_face_steam:

84D4375DB8986DAA415D63525F3A073B44233090

Rnue.gif

Scott Pilgrim vs The World was great. I'm still amazed at it doing so badly at the box office. Of course it had barely an effect on "a whole generation of women", but the idea is funny. And Ramona is bae.

Also, regarding the song/video, band/song was just okay, but might be an avenue for punk to reappear in the mainstream again, helped by internet edginess and rebellion against conformity. Really, punk had a strong presence during the late 90s, early to mid 2000s. It got a bit too stale and it went really pop and clean at a point during the 2000s and fizzled out. So the band does have potential to be a part of resurgence of punk and rock. Music needs a bit improvement, as it's a bit too samey, but there's potential if the sound gets fleshed out and mixed a bit better. Sound really should get fixed out to have a more modern angle and not sound like a garage band from the 90s, so as not to depend too much on the subject matter of the lyrics.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I posted this 2 months ago and it triggered somebody.

iconmaster

Banned
Scott Pilgrim wasn't popular enough to have a significant cultural impact.

VnVJLLV.jpg

That’s a shame. I love that movie.

“Bread makes you fat?!”

Also, it helps me hold onto the belief that there is still good in Brie Larson.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
I hate that SJWs had to go and ruin the idea of women with blue hair. I don’t think I ever liked Ramona as a character, but MEW was always smoking hot to me, and I used to dig women with blue hair.

I hate that SJWs had to go and ruin the idea of women with blue hair. I don’t think I ever liked Ramona as a character, but MEW was always smoking hot to me, and I used to dig women with blue hair.

MEW was always hot. Remember seeing her first in Sky High, where she dresses a bit more "conservatively":

winstead_mary1.jpg

6b7a82208fb40d667e538b12454dcfc0.jpg

And yeah, women with colored hair is hot as well. The whole meme about women with colored hair was really funny back in 2016-2017, although it's a bit overplayed now, even if there's likely a small correlation that might exist between colored hair and crazy women/men.

Last edited:

Shantae

Banned
MEW was always hot. Remember seeing her first in Sky High, where she dresses a bit more "conservatively":

winstead_mary1.jpg

And yeah, women with colored hair is hot as well. The whole meme about women with colored hair was really funny back in 2016-2017, although it's a bit overplayed now, even if there's likely a small correlation that might exist between colored hair and crazy women/men.
Oh god yes. I used to work at a movie theater as a projectionist when that movie was playing. I didn't have any interest in the movie, but when I first walked by it playing, and I saw her, I was like dammmn she's hot. That's the first time I saw her, and I would just watch part of the movies to see her.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
at least match your minge with your hair ty.
such a disappointment otherwise

GreyHorace

I liked Scott Pilgrim vs The World, just as I love the comic it's based on. The Scott Pilgrim books by Bryan Lee O'Malley are some of my favorite comics. I thought the movie was fun and largely loyal to the book and it's a shame it wasn't a hit with audiences.

As for Ramona, I don't know if she ruined a whole generation of women, but I think anyone who idolizes her needs to get their head examined. The whole point of the series is that Scott and Ramona are both terrible people. A lot of the shit that happens can be directly attributed to their past actions and so they choose to stay together because they can make each other a better person.

And yes, Mary Elizabeth Winstead is HOT as F%$#.

original.jpg

GAMETA

Banned
The comics were great.. the alternative rock scene is much older than the tumblr sluts and current hipsters.

So I'd rocommend the comics. The movie is crap. MEW wasn't a great pick imo, Ramona should look diertier and emo-er, something like Proxy Paige in her prime.

Cera for Scott was also a very poor choice...

The side characters were spot on tho, I'll give it that.

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
I posted this 2 months ago and it triggered somebody.

Really?! Shit, sorry I missed it. Been digging his stuff for the last year or so.

Hey I kinda like the low-fi nu-punk aesthetic.

It's one guy doing it all.

XOPX9Gg.jpg

love this guy. i have all his music from back when he went by School Shooter.

Yes! Been following him since mid-2018, love his stuff.
She's still not gonna fuck you OP. You're only in stage 2: anger.

the-5-stages-of-grief-n.jpg

I'm to old anyway lol
I probably shouldnt even be listening to this lol

bronk

Banned
Man I did not like the movie but the game is a fantastic beat beat em up no one can play anymore. The soundtrack is amazing.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
i love scott pilgrim movie.

is my favorite movie and i have great memories, about a girlfriend, and love very much Knives

Weiji

Banned

winstead_mary1.jpg

Small correlation my ass. That shits as consistent as gravity.

At least if you live on planet earth.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Prove me wrong: Scott Pilgrim was always hipster garbage and the movie is only alright because Edgar Wright made it and he's never made anything bad

MEW is a certified babe though

a6f9d6a9d0e4c672fc1040e0064f597a.gif

Top Bottom