• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rap / Hip Hop

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Good call. I haven’t listened to this dude since junior high

I always check out his projects since the mo money in the bank mixtapes to the plk ones. There is a lot and usually above average at least but its been a long time since his last project.

Last edited:

Collete

New to rap myself, been listening to DMX again though (RIP)
Still my favorite of DMX

I guess I'm basic because it's from Monstercat, dunno if it counts as rap, but this has been good too

Cutty Flam

Banned
Im a big Ray Luv fan. Lets just say we come from the same area :D

Cutty Flam Cutty Flam have you heard "70s Baby" by RBL Posse/Black C?

Excellent album. Its on Tidal.
I'll check it out, never heard it before. Ray Luv is a great artist, he's like the Killa Sin of the Bay Area imo, goes hard every verse but two completely different styles

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
I'll check it out, never heard it before. Ray Luv is a great artist, he's like the Killa Sin of the Bay Area imo, goes hard every verse but two completely different styles

Ya Forever Hustlin is a Bay classic. My cousin knew him pretty well.

But ya let me know what you think of 70s Baby.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hell ya! I remember at the time Brand Nu was the single. But the whole thing is really nice. You dont get a lot of "mature" rap these days, and although this album is more than 10 years old you feel its rap for adults.

RBL Posse has a crazy story too.

mekes

Half of Nas’ new album has a beautiful old school feel to it. I think Hit Boy did an amazing job on the production. Nas can come classic on anything but sometimes the production has held the music back. Not here imo.

Ian Henry

Yeah I liked Elysium a lot. Some of the songs on this new one are the best he’s ever done, imo. He also has an album with Kno from CunninLynguists coming out this year.
Oh shit. Damn I gotta see what's up then🔥🔥🔥. Thanks for letting me know

Also the albums I've listened to so far this year:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
No issue with Eminem performing at the half time super hero, last three albums were fresh, clearly snoop and Dre will be huge parts of the show. People are use to win performer and this halftime will be staked for TB12 on his road to his 8th ring

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Anyone been following the career of HitBoy these last 10ish years? He has been absolutely on fire the last couple of years. 2x Nas albums (orchestrated his whole comeback), executive produced the last Big Sean album and the recent EP, couple joint albums with Dom Kennedy, produced a bunch of Griselda tracks.

I was a fan before but now he is just killing it. New Big Sean EP just dropped.

chromhound

boogie_everything%27s%20for%20sale.jpg

Top Bottom