• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rapper Nelly arrested after rape accusation

TMZ broke the news http://www.tmz.com/2017/10/07/nelly-arrested-rape-washington/

Nelly has been arrested for allegedly raping a woman ... TMZ has learned.

Law enforcement sources tell us, a woman claims she was raped on the rapper's tour bus in Washington, where he's been performing. Nelly is on a tour with Florida Georgia Line and they are set to perform Saturday night in Ridgefield, Washington.

We're told the alleged rape occurred Saturday morning at around 3:45 AM. We're told she specifically said Nelly is the one who raped her.

Nelly was booked on second degree rape charges Saturday morning at around 7 AM. It appears he was in custody at the time of this post.

I hope no one in this thread is jumping to a conclusion one way or the other
Arrests require that the authorities have probable cause. It's a nice strawman to compare to the other thread, but a person writing on Twitter that Nelly raped them, and the police issuing a warrant and making an arrest are presumptively two extremely different things.

Any woman could pick up the phone and cry rape to the cops and the guy would get arrested 100 times out of 100

But let's just go with guilty shall we

PBY

Banned
Any woman could pick up the phone and cry rape to the cops and the guy would get arrested 100 times out of 100

Are you completely blind to the reality of how these things usually work? Statistically speaking this isn't the case.

Also. No ones going with "guilty" - people are just reacting to those calling her a liar.

weekev

Banned

Let’s go with letting the authorities pull together the facts and presenting the evidence to a jury of his peers who will consider the facts nd make a verdict before jumping to conclusions shall we?

highrider

Banned
If they had enough to arrest him that ain’t good. It’s odd though that it would happen now, usually predator types exhibit this pattern throughout their life and I’ve never heard of him getting in trouble. My sympathies to the girl if this is in fact true.

Keri

It's unusual for an arrest to occur following a report of rape. Even more unusual for it to occur so quickly after the attack. That makes me inclined to think there's solid evidence against him.

M.J. Doja

Banned
Damn, hope this shit's bogus. Really not trying to see Nelly get milkshake duck'd. If any other stories come out though, that would settle it for me.

If true though... fucked up. Don't abuse your status as a celebrity to fulfill some fucked up desire to rape your groupies. WTF is wrong with people.

You know at some point ironic shitposting just becomes actual shitposting.

Rather than asking people to stop "falling" for it, maybe the people shitposting should stop?
People should use /s tags if they're going to try it. I'm not a mod, so my opinions on how people should attempt to make their points, whether with dark sarcasm or straight seriousness isn't really relevant.

Top Bottom