• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay officially announced - $30 and available August 4, 2015

I brought up the specific tirade of tweets from the past days actually which is how I learned about it.

I'm a big Rare fan so he was super happy to talk with me.

Ghoulish cleans up nicely by the way, looks great with bumped resolution. In game stuff is wodescreen but the cutscenes and out of game menus were 4:3

Oh, my gosh. Maybe we will see Dream footage after all? God, He should just dump it and include it in the package.

Grabbed by the Ghoulies is in widescreen now? Nice, never owned an original Xbox so I missed out on that one. Can't wait to play.

Tirod

I'm sharing my phone with someone else here to watch the EA conference so I'll be MIA for an hour. I promise to answer any questions posted after the conference.

ramparter

Banned
How can Microsoft get away with charging 30$ for old games when you can get all the new Smash characters and stages for less?

Kinsei

Banned
Hey Tirod, did you think to ask if DLC is included? I'd like to play LOG's Lost Challenges in N&B.

How can Microsoft get away with charging 30$ for old games when you can get all the new Smash characters and stages for less?

Sarcasm? This is a dollar per full game game. Nintendo would never do that.

G0523

I will say this:

At least Microsoft is FINALLY using Rare's old IP instead of just sitting on it. Sure, it took them 13 years to do it but they finally did it.

NolbertoS

Does the replay include Wizards and Warriors 1,2 and 3?? Really wanna replay these classics. Sad that Wizards and Warriors never got a next gen upgrade.

Robin64

Does the replay include Wizards and Warriors 1,2 and 3?? Really wanna replay these classics. Sad that Wizards and Warriors never got a next gen upgrade.

It does not.

e9721d7c-301c-4411-a945-3d9f36be1664.png

ramparter

Banned
Hey Tirod, did you think to ask if DLC is included? I'd like to play LOG's Lost Challenges in N&B.

Yeah :) It's a great package. Day One even If I don't have the console yet.

daTRUballin

This is a really awesome collection, minus a few missing games. Looks great. :p

Does anybody know if Rare is handling this collection themselves? Or is it another studio?

Just a shame no Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2 (and Gold is a butchered KI2). I know you could buy them in the season of the new Killer Instinct, but I would like to have them on a disc too. :( Oh well, maybe they do a disc release together with the complete version of the new one...

Nosgotham

I think this is supposed to be a sarcastic joke about nintendos dlc but I'm not quite sure. Seems out of place and lacking the funny aspect required for jokes. Nevertheless it's s great deal

Tirod

I did not think to ask about DLC at all sorry. :( Hopefully someone from the press can answers that in the coming days.

The 360 stuff is based on the BC backend on the bone now, and it they are going to offer titles digitally, I'd have to imagine it would be available.

DJMicLuv

If I get around some time to getting an Xbox 1 I'll definitely pick this up for the Ultimate games at least! That's my childhood right there - Jet Pac to Knightlore and beyond on the Speccy.
Very decent looking comp!

Edit: I just noticed there's no Cookie, Pssssst, Trans-am or Alien8. :-(

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What... I thought Nintendo owned the rights to some of these (Blast Corps)?

Tirod

Are they cleaning the n64 games graphically?is this pc bound too?

All the non Xbox Live remasters weren't playable yet so I imagine they are working on resolution bumps for them at the least. I was talking about JFG specifically with the rep and he said Dr hey were exploring dual analog support for that.

Kinsei

Banned
What... I thought Nintendo owned the rights to some of these (Blast Corps)?

Pretty sure Nintendo only owns the rights to the games Rare made using their own IP. Rare themselves owned all of the new IP's they made when they worked for Nintendo.

jobrro

This and Backwards Compatibility were the highlights of the conference to me.

Fantastic value, even if I am only interested in about 1/4 of the titles. Blows Virtual Console out of the water many times over in value provided the emulation is decent.

terrisus

No Pinbot, Wizards and Warriors, and Snake, Rattle, 'n Roll, no sale >.>

Just kidding. That's an amazing list of games to have all together like that

ShogunX

I want to believe, but it will suck. Microsoft can't handle a collection of 4 games let alone 30.

What does the MCC collection have to do with this one? Rare worked internally on this collection so it's not like it's been outsourced to multiple devs like the MCC did.

I'm actually surprised this has Conker on it at all. It brings up the age rating significantly. I'm definitely not complaining though.

Shame there are no GBA games here. It would have been nice to finally try Grunty's Revenge and Sabrewulf on GBA.

Leflus

What does the MCC collection have to do with this one? Rare worked internally on this collection so it's not like it's been outsourced to multiple devs like the MCC did.
It's not like there's going to be a lot of online modes or cross-compatability between the games either. Stop & Swop is probably in, but that's it.

I personally believe this will be the best game compilation ever released.

At the moment, the following games compete for that honour:

Orange Box
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World

But this has it beat. The sheer number of games, quality of many of them, and the cost all take this to the number one spot for me.

If Rare were still with Nintendo, we could have hypothetically got the Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong games too, but it's more likely that this collection wouldn't exist at all (as Nintendo would probably sooner release everything on Virtual Console).

terrisus

It's not like there's going to be a lot of online modes or cross-compatability between the games either. Stop & Swop is probably in, but that's it.

If the full, as-originally-intended Stop 'n Swop is in there, I'm going to have to buy this and the system Day 1 just for that.

Orange Box
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

But this has it beat. The sheer number of games, quality of many of them, and the cost all take this to the number one spot for me.

If Rare were still with Nintendo, we could have hypothetically got the Donkey Kong/Diddy Kong games too, but it's more likely that this collection wouldn't exist at all (as Nintendo would probably sooner release everything on Virtual Console).

Fixed that for you :p

terrisus

Orange Box
Metroid Prime Trilogy

I would swap either of the first two on that list out for this:

k55f4xL.jpg

Also the Mega Man Collection disc, and the Sonic collections.

zeioIIDX

Xbox One exclusive?! Fuck!!! I wanna play Blast Corps again sooooo bad but don't have an Xbox One :( Ah well. This collection should sell fairly well!

Mega Drive/Sonic's Genesis Collection isn't up there because it's missing Sonic & Knuckles lock-on functionality, which is a HUGE flaw, as you can't play Sonic 3 properly.

Zelda Collector's disc isn't up there because Majora's Mask has major crashing issues, and OoT and MM have superior versions now available on 3DS.

I don't have much experince with Mega Man games, so can't comment there.

I would add Sonic Mega Collection to the list though.

terrisus

Mega Drive/Sonic's Genesis Collection isn't up there because it's missing Sonic & Knuckles lock-on functionality, which is a HUGE flaw, as you can't play Sonic 3 properly.

Zelda Collector's disc isn't up there because Majora's Mask has major crashing issues, and OoT and MM have superior versions now available on 3DS.

I don't have much experince with Mega Man games, so can't comment there.

Still all better than either of the first two games on that list.

On the other hand, I don't like any of the games included in those collections.

Top Bottom