• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rare Replay officially announced - $30 and available August 4, 2015

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wow this is an INSANE deal!

30 games for 30bucks when usually others would have asked 30 bucks for a single hd remaster of some of those games!

Cool package. Personally, I only want Perfect Dark (wonder if it's the XBLA HD port from the 360) and Jet Force Gemini, so I hope later they will decouple games.
I don't think it is. I tried zooming in on that trailer, that first level doesn't look remastered to me. Which would be great cause 4J ruined the skybox on that lol.

It was the same style game of BK just featuring a different IP so I'm always surprised when people shit on it here on GAF, especially with how many Nuts and Bolts apologists there are on here that actually think that garbage was good.

Lol, Nuts & Bolts is a good game. Just not a good Banjo game. Though I won't lie, it could have done with less checkpoint missions.

Anth0ny

Hoping Nuts and Bolts is at 1080p, but considering the price of this package, I doubt it.

Still a great collection of titles.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
No Time Lord? Damnit.

Also, this is really awesome. Certainly worth it for anyone who wants to see where Rare came from, especially the older stuff.

galvatron

Man, if I had the system I'd be in there day one.

Hoping they have the good sense to go with the NES Battletoads rather than the easier Genesis port.

Empty

not a big rare fan outside of viva pinata, but i love classic collections and the curiosity factor is worth it. nice announcement!

Percy

Banned
It was never likely, but Goldeneye's absence is pretty glaring seeing as it was Rare's most standout game.

Still, solid deal for sure. Who's doing the porting?

Metalmarc

I didn't like the boarders on some games, blergh

image.jpg

Poona

Will get this but also wish a new game with one of these characters was announced. Was hoping for another Banjo and Kazooie adventure or at minimum new Battletoads.

Instead we get the Kinect Sports humans shoved on some pirate adventure. :( Could have done with new IP as well but Sea of Thieves didn't really scream the fantastical worlds or fuzzy animals Rare is known for.

What about

Conker: live & reloaded
Perfect Dark XBLA (it was remade with new textures and graphics features)
Banjo 1 & 2 (didnt they get a visual bump on XBLA?)

Top Bottom