• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven making changes to Modern Warfare Remastered based on fan feedback

There has been no news on the "Variety Map Pack" DLC coming.
I want Broadcast, Chinatown, Creek, and Killhouse.

Will we ever get these maps?
Of the 24 maps that ultimately came out for the game, three of those are in my top seven CoD4 maps overall.

Agreed. These maps were excellent. My guess is, once they've patched in all the original Cod4 maps this December, they'll probably make the Variety Pack available later as paid DLC.

Or, if Activision really wanted to be cruel, they'd attach just one Variety Map to each Infinite Warfare DLC. Basically meaning you'd have to buy all the Infinite Warfare DLCs or the IW Season Pass in order to get all 4 of the Variety Maps. Sounds gratuitous, but with the way they're selling MWR in the first place, I wouldn't put it past them!

Bolivar687

Banned
Or, if Activision really wanted to be cruel, they'd attach just one Variety Map to each Infinite Warfare DLC. Basically meaning you'd have to buy all the Infinite Warfare DLCs or the IW Season Pass in order to get all 4 of the Variety Maps. Sounds gratuitous, but with the way they're selling MWR in the first place, I wouldn't put it past them!

Would be insane. Have we gotten confirmation if MWR requires the IW disc? I know it's just paranoid speculation but like you said, wouldn't put it past them.

I want Raven to make the next cod.

Same. Activision might slot them into the studio rotation to replace IW if this one fails.

3O7EcOL.gif

Agreed. These maps were excellent. My guess is, once they've patched in all the original Cod4 maps this December, they'll probably make the Variety Pack available later as paid DLC.

Honestly, I wish the COD series would adopt the Halo 5 approach when it comes to releasing new maps. It's definitely a flawed way to do things but in Halo 5 you could completely ignore the microtransaction filled game mode (whose name slips my mind) and reap the benefits of its existence by not having to pay for new multiplayer maps.

Furthermore, this would mean new maps wouldn't be segmented off into some separate playlist which is what I hate the most about premium map packs. If they took the Halo 5 approach the new maps would be incorporated into the existing playlists. Probably the biggest bummer about how MWR is being released is the fact that it won't come with all the COD4 maps right out of the gate meaning we'll have to deal with weird, annoying segmented map pack playlists which really sucks.

WOW, looks like they're nailing it from most aspects. Pleasantly surprised with strafe jumps returning. Can't wait to hear those CoD4 M40A3/DEagle sounds again. The only stuff that needs to come back are OG CoD4 announcers for every faction and the variety map pack (especially Chinatown and Broadcast).

Soooo wish this is sold separately within 6 months, instead of a year. Guess I'll have to look for a friend who's going to pre-order the standard edition of IW, and personally upgrade the edition to w/e edition this game comes with ( the SKU with that steelbook case). Lol

Analharrier27

What a Twitter handle.

Better than xXxNoScopeBro420BlazeItxXx, I reckon.

Top Bottom