• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raven Software Developing MW Remastered + Crash/Backlot/Crossfire Confirmed For MP

Are you saying this will be the FIRST CoD game to have a dead MP? Is that even possible?

Yeah that's a good point. I do think it may cannibalize the playerbase of the new game a little bit though. I mean, this game has one hell of a rep for it's MP side and I bet a whole load of people will be flocking back to it.

Raven doing good work on that remaster, I'm genuinely excited for something COD related for the first time in 5 years.

For those just wanting MW, the legacy edition will be $64+ tax with GCU or Prime. Can easily sell IW for $50 or more and only be out $20 or less.

Wonder if it will live up to the hype. Never played 4 so I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully if it's successful it encourages Activision to consider a Black Ops 1 remaster, my favorite COD.

BBboy20

So, will this remaster on consoles end up being the same as consoles in the long run? Because last I checked, it is not pretty on the 360 and PS3 side of things.

What's with BestBuy? I went in after work to preorder the Legacy Edition and they don't have the option to do it in store. I could do a store pickup but then I'd need to pay it all right now. Their preorder machine wasn't updated yet with IW at all so maybe that's it.

Has Activision said if the Legacy Edition is going to be limited?

Crosspost from the other thread

Well, at least the maps announced so far are good and not imbalanced / spawntrapping shit like bog, countdown etc. Hope overgrown, downpour, pipeline, strike, district etc make it into the final ten. Also, no chance in hell anything from the variety map pack like Chinatown will be in the first 10, so quit dreaming everyone lol

Now, for another standalone season pass for the remaining 10 maps looks more and more real...

I wonder if it'll be as good as I remember.

Martydom. Juggernaut. Stopping Power.

I'm not sure.

SP and Jugg are necessary to not make UAV Jammer the staple choice for slot 2. Trust me, we don't want that. Especially in a game where you're forced to have UAV as a streak.

I'd like to see a slightly longer fuse time for Martydom grenades, but a little situational awareness can get around them.

All that being said, I really wouldn't mind 3x Frag being changed to 2x Frag. Would contrast nicely with 3x Special Grenades (which may even be the preferred choice for modes such as SnD, since stuns are vital for discovering enemy positions).

olore

Do you guys remember when raven made amazing original games and not Call of Duty DLC?

Those were the days

You mean like Heretic II? Yes. Also the game I´ve started the most times and never finished.

Think I have to get myself a gaming PC again to catch up on all the latest CoD:s

BBboy20

Anyone still play COD4 on PC?

we should get a few games going on a server.
Yeah. When you add in actual dedicated severs and mod tools, games typically live long after you do. It's why I'm not really like excited for this since I still have the game installed on my PC.

LOL So true it hurts!

lWPEi2Q.jpg

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Is there any word on if it'll have the Arcade mode? I ask because that was rad and I wish more games did that.

And what about Old School mode in multiplayer? I recall some really neat out-of-bounds areas that you could reach on one of the maps because of the bigger jump.

Top Bottom