• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman Legends Definitive Edition (Switch) demo out now in EU and AUS

1morerobot

I'd love to give it a try if it were possible to buy a Switch anywhere.

Anyway, I have Legends on X1 and I love it. Seems like a great game to bring to Switch.

LordKano

You can't play the Murphy level on docked mode. The game asks you to take out the Switch. Unless I missed an option ?

Neiteio

I downloaded and played it last night. Seems identical to all other versions of the game in terms of performance.

Playing in handheld, the Murfy sections prompted me to hit A to automatically perform the actions. This is... really, really boring. But at the same time, I don't want to touch my Switch screen with my finger. Don't wanna get fingerprints on it.

So the first level, with the Murfy sections, feels a bit slow and plodding now. But the non-Murfy levels still feel great to play. The swamp level is wonderful.

Hmm, bit conflicted about this one.

Also, while I didn't test it, I don't see why the game would require you to undock it for the Murfy sections. Like I said, even in handheld, it gives you the option to simply tap A. Oh, and the wheel-turning section prompt you to use L and R.

I downloaded and played it last night. Seems identical to all other versions of the game in terms of performance.

Playing in handheld, the Murfy sections prompted me to hit A to automatically perform the actions. This is... really, really boring. But at the same time, I don't want to touch my Switch screen with my finger. Don't wanna get fingerprints on it.

So the first level, with the Murfy sections, feels a bit slow and plodding now. But the non-Murfy levels still feel great to play. The swamp level is wonderful.

Hmm, bit conflicted about this one.

Also, while I didn't test it, I don't see why the game would require you to undock it for the Murfy sections. Like I said, even in handheld, it gives you the option to simply tap A. Oh, and the wheel-turning section prompt you to use L and R.

Touch mode is selected via the gallery section I believe.

buzzth

Can't believe I'm saying this but the Wii U is truly the definitive version of this game. Going through that demo with the murphy levels was almost depressing. I guess the gamepad really did bring something worthy to the table.

f@luS

More than a member.
How much is it ? I want y for portability but I may wait for a sale .... I have it on PS4 I think or... I don't remember quite well but this sorta game I want to play on a handheld

The switch continues to be the Vita 2 for me, in the best way. I loved that portable but I wasn't really interested in titty games so stopped playing it after about 2 years.

I remember getting Rayman on it, it looked wonderful on the OLED screen.

weekev

Banned
Feels like Sonic Mania is gonna eat Raymans lunch tbh. I feel like most people should have played this already if they had wanted. It's a great game, WiiU in local coop is majestic with 1 person on Murphy and another on Rayman. It's a shame we won't have that experience on Switch.

Roo

Feels like Sonic Mania is gonna eat Raymans lunch tbh. I feel like most people should have played this already if they had wanted. It's a great game, WiiU in local coop is majestic with 1 person on Murphy and another on Rayman. It's a shame we won't have that experience on Switch.
What lunch? lol
Rayman hasn't sold well in... forever and anyone even remotely interested in the game already has it in any of the other platforms it's available on.
The game barely has new content so I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft shat this game just to say they're (strongly) supporting the Switch.

I don't see this game doing well at all so let's hope Ubisoft doesn't have high expectations for it.

weekev

Banned
What lunch? lol
Rayman hasn't sold well in... forever and anyone even remotely interested in the game already has it in any of the other platforms it's available on.
The game barely has new content so I wouldn't be surprised if Ubisoft shat this game just to say they're (strongly) supporting the Switch.

I don't see this game doing well at all so let's hope Ubisoft doesn't have high expectations for it.
I feel like any sales they could have got will now deservedly go to Sonic Mania, that's all I was saying tbh. I love Legends but this feels like a cynical cash grab to me.

The Hermit

The switch continues to be the Vita 2 for me, in the best way. I loved that portable but I wasn't really interested in titty games so stopped playing it after about 2 years.

I remember getting Rayman on it, it looked wonderful on the OLED screen.

Why you don't like titty games!?!?

How would the Murphy stuff even work now in MP?
I really missed that functionality in the music stages.

Pretty sure it supports 5 Switches to mimic the Wii U version when portable, and MAYBE two in docked ala Pac-Man Vs.?

Pretty sure Pac-Man Vs. in Namco Museum is the first to have Switches connect in docked mode (one docked and one portable) to mimic the original GC version's gameplay.

If Rayman doesn't then I'd be shocked, seems so obvious if that functionality exists.

Why you don't like titty games!?!?

Omg... This got me pretty good.

I feel like any sales they could have got will now deservedly go to Sonic Mania, that's all I was saying tbh. I love Legends but this feels like a cynical cash grab to me.

I can't say I fully agree, but I do believe that Ubisoft really bungled the pricing here. Rayman Legends would be an honest-to-goodness must-buy for Switch at $20-$30. $40 is just pushing it too far for how old the game is vs. the amount of new content. I'm definitely going to pick it up, but I'll wait until it's like $20 or below during Black Friday.

You do know that fingerprints can be wiped off, right? :p

IMO, the Murphy levels are never really fun outside of multiplayer. If you have a Wii U (and friends), they're fantastic, but they're never going to work anywhere else.

jariw

Does this game have content that is different from the Wii U version?

This is what I would like to know as well. A bullet point list with the added content, for example.

After playing the demo, my general feeling is that it was much more at home on the Wii U. The Murphy levels feels very boring now. compared to the local coop design on the Wii U.

I won't get it, I never finished it on WiiU, and the demo just reinforced my conviction to not go for it again, as i just know I'd lose interest halfway through again.

Loved playing the demo but not sure about spending 40 euros on this as I already have it on the Wii U. Seems to be the same exact game for the most part.

Man does this look spectacular on the Switch screen

I've played this one to death though, so I think I'll just stick to Sonic Mania (and Kingdom Battle to support Ubi on Switch!)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Passed on the wiiU version, will get this one now.

Played a fair bit on the Wii U, but never finished. So while I won’t pick this up new, I’ll definitely consider it once the price starts dropping.

Seik

Banned
I already have Legends on Wii U, PS4 and Vita so I can't say I'm interested. Especially since that 'Definitive Edition' barely has anything more to make it more attractive...in fact, what did they add except Murphy levels w/buttons?

Ludist210

It's the same demo the Wii U got a loooooong time ago. It's still a solid game, but I'm not spending $40 on it again. Maybe when it hits $20.

F34R

Looks fantastic and plays so well!! Love it! I'm considering getting the physical at $31.99 or waiting for a drop. Decisions. Still, looks pretty nice in portable mode.

Had a go on this. It plays well and, is, Rayman legends. UbiArt seemed to downscale well to the Wii U GamePad's 480p screen as this doesn't really look a whole lot sharper at 720p compared with something like Mario Kart 8. It's definitely more vibrant due to Switch matching sRGB.

Was the Murphy's Touch level in the original game? It feels more like a challenge level, enjoyed it and it reminded me how much control you actually get over Murphy in those levels.

Not sure how that was done with buttons since there are more options for control here than pressing A to make Murphy do a single action - anyone able to explain?

Top Bottom