• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RE 4 Wii gameplay video

Threi

notag
Pokeylongo said:
Also, what exactly is a hitbox? Is it like the collision detection of the bullets?

Basically an area around the enemy model that detects what type of shot it is (Headshot, Leg Shot, Body Shot, etc.). Console games usually have larger hitboxes because the controller is less accurate.

TheGreatDave said:
Why do you want poor controls? And why do you want to pay for full price for a title that is already available with the old controls for next to nothing?

Whaaaaat? I just wanted to know if there was a GCN controller option. Just wanted to know if Capcom was able to implement that too as an added bonus to the package.

And I disagree with you about the GCN controls for RE4 being poor. It worked rather well IMO. And the main reason I'm buying this is for Separate Ways, not the Wii controls. The Wii controls are merely a bonus for me, as is the RE: UC trailer and extra costumes and weapons.

maynerd

Banned
I thought RE4 was awesome on the cube. My biggest complaint was the aiming. This is now fixed and this game shall be awesomer!

joesmokey

Never picked this up for the cube (I know, I know), glad that this version looks awesome.

Using the Wii pointer will almost feel like cheating.

Kevtones

Buying this for a few reasons:

1) It rules.
2) Wii-aiming - hard mode hellllloooo.
3) PS2 stuff I haven't done.
4) Mercenaries is probably going to go from AWESOME to SUPER AWESOME.
5) Widescreen/480P.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Phobophile said:
Man, I really wished the franchise was called Biohazard in the US. Makes so much more sense than "Resident Evil."

It made sense in the first one, and to some extent the second. The rest...not so much. lol

As for this. It reminds me of that section in Metal Gear Solid 2, where you call Snake, and he says that he will take care of everything, as long as you point at it. That made that section a breeze. I hope they made a harder mode than professional, because, it looks like they actually found a way of making an easy game even easier. :/

acidviper said:
wow that's gonna be a lot of headshotting.
You may not want to do that much headshooting in later parts though.

Anyways this looks great but there is an official thread, like freak mentioned.

Sharp said:
Nice controls. Also, as someone who's never played RE4, WTF at the graphics. Wii developers clearly aren't trying even a little bit.

They should of just released the wii mote for the gamecube cause CLEARLY the wii's hardware is just a pinch better then gamecubes..

Sharp

Mr.Potato Head said:
They should of just released the wii mote for the gamecube cause CLEARLY the wii's hardware is just a pinch better then gamecubes..
I don't think that follows at all from what I said, actually. In any way.

pringles

Looks great.
I hope they include some "extra hard" mode in this, or at least up the difficulty of the pro-mode.. I thought pro-mode in the GC version was a little too easy if you used all the upgraded weapons you had from the first playthrough, with this aiming it's going to be even easier.

Feindflug

Looks awesome - better looking than anything right now on Wii and the controls look ace!

Definitely getting a Wii + RE4: Wii Edition + Excite Truck at the end of June. ^__^

Feindflug

pringles said:
I thought pro-mode in the GC version was a little too easy if you used all the upgraded weapons you had from the first playthrough, with this aiming it's going to be even easier.

What? You can use the upgraded weapons only on the same difficulty setting - You can't start a game on Professional with your upgraded weapons if your first playthrough was on Normal.

pringles

Feindflug said:
What? You can use the upgraded weapons only on the same difficulty setting - You can't start a game on Professional with your upgraded weapons if your first playthrough was on Normal.
Oh yeah, that's right. I've played through it too many times to remember that :lol

GrayFoxPL

All times on screen crosshair - check

Hit/headshot indicator - check

Resident Evil 4: Easy Operation - check

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
They wanted to make an extra easy mode for Re4 Wii to help with the aiming. No chance that this is that easy mode right? RIGHT?

GrayFoxPL said:
All times on screen crosshair - check

Hit/headshot indicator - check

Resident Evil 4: Easy Operation - check
you can still use a pad and play with the lasersight - check.

the laser sight had an obvious visual indicator when it was aiming at an enemy - check.

more enemies added to the wii version to compensate for the easier aiming - check.

cvxfreak

Toma said:
They wanted to make an extra easy mode for Re4 Wii to help with the aiming. No chance that this is that easy mode right? RIGHT?

No, that mode was added to the PS2 version already. (Amateur)

Banned
I'm glad my PS2 copy died before I could finish it so I can have my first full run thru the game on the definitive version, can't wait!!!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
cvxfreak said:
No, that mode was added to the PS2 version already. (Amateur)

So is this aiming help turned off in the higher modes? I guess so. So it should also be turned off in the Wii version. I dont know why everybody keeps talking about that as if it was the only option ._.

Mudhoney

Mr.Potato Head said:
It's probably been discussed a thousand times on here before. This kind of idea would fail and ignores a lot of advantages Wii hardware has over the GameCube.

Top Bottom