• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUSHSQUARE - Reaction: PlayStation's Most Ardent Fans Are Feeling Frustrated and Insecure

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
The truth is xbox and PlayStation are very similar, either one does not have some greater allegiance to hardcore gamers, they are businesses which there ultimate goal is profit. Sure both companies have different learning curves, but there mistakes and succeses are not some unique trait each of them owns.
Sony just found out quicker that the crucial thing is having many first party studios and have them make great games, with a diverse and fresh portfolio. When next gen is coming to a end from a software perspective both will be a lot more even.
Sony will have there heavy hitters from naughty dog, SSM, Insomniac, Polyphony, Sucker punch and guruilla, Microsoft will have there heavy hitters from 343, the coalition, playground games, ninja theory, the initiative, Obsidian and turn 10.

Kokoloko85

Interesting article until the last paragraph where the writer is telling me what I need to do.

I agree that Sony seems out of touch lately. I cancelled my PS+ sub for the first time, and I've had it since launch on the PS3. I've stopped buying any games for PS4 outside of a handful of (likely to remain) exclusives. They feel a lot like the Xbox platform during the last half of the 360's days. Ahead and coasting by on timed exclusive stuff and third party stuff.

Their inconsistent and weird censorship stuff hasn't helped them at all, either. I'm actually hoping that most of their catalogue comes to PC, where I've turned for general performance management (I can prioritize framerate on my own if they don't want to) and mod support.

When did Xbox 360 do anything like releasde games like spider man, death stranding and god of war, ghosts of tsushima in the later half of 360’s life cycle....??

Norse

Consoles exist for ease of use and lower entry cost for the masses. If games were all multiplatform, then the battle would switch to steam vs epic vs xblive vs ps+ vs etc etc. I wouldn't mind that at all. Battle of services, not exclusives. No other entertainment industry requires you to buy their brand of hardware to experience their media.

And comparing Netflix and their exclusives isn't the same. You can run Netflix on almost every peace of hardware known to man lol. It's not locked down to a Netflix box.

ethomaz

Banned
They feel a lot like the Xbox platform during the last half of the 360's days.
MS completely abandoned 360 in the last half of its life.

PS4 feel more like PS3 days where Sony keep pushing high quality titles even after PS4 release.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
While it's been awhile since we've gotten any exciting news, that's expected as this generation winds down. All new announcements will be for ps5 and since they haven't unveiled it yet, things are quite. News will start to pick up soon

Top Bottom