• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Real-life models for in-game characters (RE, Onimusha, Lost Planet, Max Payne, etc.)

Miker

Capcom has done this a few times.

Jill Valentine - Julia Voth
1i2nlgJ.jpg

Sheva Alomar - Michelle Van Der Water

Wayne - Lee Byung-Hun

Samanosuke Akechi - Takeshi Kaneshiro

Jacques Blanc/Guy From Onimusha - Jean Reno

Remedy did it with Max Payne and its sequel.

Max Payne - Sam Lake
Bonus:

Max Payne (2) - Timothy Gibbs

Mona Sax - Katherine Tong

And of course, Quantic Dream has done this with Beyoncé: Two Souls, starring Ellen Page and Willem Dafoe. I'm too lazy to post pictures of them, but suffice to say they resemble themselves.

Others I've missed:

Forever-unnamed Silent Hills dood - Norman Reedus

These are the ones that I know of, anyway. Post more if you know of any. Which character or digital translation is your favorite? Do you like the practice, or do you prefer your characters built "from scratch"?

Roto13

Don't remember them off the top of my head but, Troy Baker has quite a few.

He and Travis Willingham had their characters modeled after them in InFamous: Second Son. Which was weird, because they're both white and the characters are native American.

Laura Bailey might have modeled for Fetch, too, I'm not sure what she looks like.

Squire

Banned
Kadeem Hardison's Beyond character is also modeled after him, I'm sure.

There's also Alan Wake, and Male Shepherd from Mass Effect.

He and Travis Willingham had their characters modeled after them in InFamous: Second Son. Which was weird, because they're both white and the characters are native American.

Laura Bailey might have modeled for Fetch, too, I'm not sure what she looks like.

She's definitely modeled after her

bqolie7cmaa5gcwmupmb.jpg

they take some of actor features for Second Son, but still modified it enough that I think they look native american in the game to me.

Jachaos

Obligatory Trevor at Times Square

Her with a Delsin cosplayer:

So... kinda?

Edit: Yeah that picture of her besides Fetch a few posts above shows she definitely modeled for the character. It's tough to find a picture of her like that on Google image though. She normally has longer hair and all that but she does have a similar face.

Labrys

henry_and_ribeena_gorse_jones.jpg

Does this count? lol

Game is Titanic: Adventure out of Time btw

I love this game with all my heart but those guys freaked me out more than any other of the characters. I hate how they'd just POP up and scare the crap out of you randomly.

Forkball

[insert David Bowie joke]

MGS4 did this with the beauties. GTA V also did this, but there were some obvious major changes. Honestly I think basing a character off of someone works well for games that aim for photorealistic graphics. It results in characters looking naturally unique.

wmlk

Never confirmed, but...

Master Eraqus, Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep

latest

Hironobu Sakaguchi

hironobu.jpg

Eraqus is an anagram of Square!

CHC

James never gets enough love for his work. He's been the voice in all three games, and having his physical performance in #3 really brought the character home.

I know his voice is great but I'm just a sucker for Sam Lake's hamfisted faces, plus I think it's just so funny that the director of the game casts himself as the image of the main character. That's like some Tommy Wiseau level shit.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
James never gets enough love for his work. He's been the voice in all three games, and having his physical performance in #3 really brought the character home.

True. His voice seems kind of off when applied to the other faces.

Surprised no ones mentioned the CoD one.....or was it Battlefield? I think the latter.

Edit: Also, GOD DAMN Julia Voth is beatiful o_o

Top Bottom