• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Realistically, how much do you guys think Death Stranding 2 will sell?

How much?

• Total voters

Hoppa

Hopefully not much so I never have to see this horrible IP again

johnny depp ew GIF

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
I didn't like playing as the dude from Walking Dead. Snake from the MGS games was a significantly better protagonist for a videogame.

They need to fix that ASAP.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I doubt it does much better business, as it's a pretty niche concept that you either love or hate. I'll be getting it day one though, as I found the first game a remarkably good piece of well judged mindfulness and considered gameplay, in a sea of hyperactive, rather empty games.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I think it'll do significantly better.

Yes, there are a bunch of people who didn't like the first game, but I think a lot of them were expecting something that it wasn't, and I'd imagine Kojima will add stuff to the sequel to address those expectations.

On the other hand I think plenty of people, especially on PC, found a game that was unexpectedly more in their wheelhouse than they thought. The strategy/planning elements of the game are pretty unusual for a console title after all.

I also think that this game is going to be a real technical/artistic showstopper, even more than the original, and that's going to hook in a bunch of people.

I doubt it does much better business, as it's a pretty niche concept that you either love or hate. I'll be getting it day one though, as I found the first game a remarkably good piece of well judged mindfulness and considered gameplay, in a sea of hyperactive, rather empty games.
I think the game very well may be radically different from the first. It wouldn't make much sense for Sam to keep delivering packages to different parts of US, given the ending. I'm sure there will still be elements that emphasize traversal and community building, but Kojima will almost surely do something vastly different from DS1. If they just massively improve combat, which I think is a given, then that will go a long way for a lot of gamers

Also, DS1 was developed in only 3 years, with a brand new studio, and only a middling budget(comparing to other Sony studios)

nemiroff

Gold Member
They'll really have to pull out all the stops if they don't want it to sell less than the first. So I guess it depends.

While I mostly enjoyed the first one because it was well made and the atmosphere felt so different it's basically a walking and inventory simulator. So I for one don't just want more of the same.

Last edited:

makaveli60

Accidentally I found a video capture on my ps5 yesterday where Asylums for the Feeling plays from the Silent Poets and it made remember how I loved this unique game, can’t wait for the sequel.

Last edited:
Top Bottom