• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rebel Moon Director Zack Snyder Says Reactions to His Movies Are Always 'Very Polarising'

Draugoth

Gold Member
zack-snyder-diz-que-nao-mudaria-um-frame-sequer-de-seus-antigos-filmes-035400.webp
Commenting on the negative reviews that Rebel Moon - Part 1: The Girl of Fire has received, the filmmaker says he doesn't understand why the film has had such a polarized reception.

In a recent conversation with Empire, Snyder acknowledged the critical reception to Rebel Moon: Part 1 - A Child of Fire, saying he doesn't have a "rebuttal" to the backlash. He said he is unsure why it garnered such a response, but he has now come to expect it as his movies often cause divisions among fans and critics.

"I don't really have a rebuttal to the reviews. For whatever reason, the reaction to my movies is very polarising, and it always has been,"

Snyder admitted.

"The movie, it doesn't seem like there's that much in it that would warrant such visceral responses.

Source

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Sometimes it does feel like there are two cults devoted to Zack Snyder, one which absolutely adores him, and one which hates him mostly out of spite for the former cult. Rebel Moon kinda just felt like a fuckup though. Hope there's a major overhaul for the extended cut.
I don’t hate Zack Snyder. Visually he is great. Except the slow mo is too much. I’m just think he works better when he is adapting a script or working from one. His self written films not so much.

But he definitely a popcorn director.

I’m not sure I agree with what he says - I quite liked the 300, Man of Steel and the Justice League redux - Rebel Moon Part 1 is ripped off shite.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Sometimes it does feel like there are two cults devoted to Zack Snyder, one which absolutely adores him, and one which hates him mostly out of spite for the former cult.

Personally I can't stand him for the atrocious job he did with DC. His utter disregard for the source material is obvious (see the recent Joe Rogan clips).

However, when he's making someone else's story, he's a more than adequate director. His best movie is still Dawn Of The Dead.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Consider myself a rebel moon and zach Snyder fan I think the effort is always there were a popcorn country and it’s always been that way.

jason10mm

Gold Member
It's true, he rarely turns out something actually offensive, I think its just folks see the time, money, and effort spent and wonder "that's it?". His bag of tricks is stale at this point, he isn't pushing boundaries anymore (at least not with these pg-13 films), and he is taking waaaaaay too long to get to the story he wants to tell, if he even gets there at all. Rebel Moon coulda had all those stock cardboard characters introduced in a 10 minute montage, we didn't need a mini movie for each one.

Fbh

Well Zack it's because some people can get into that mode where you sort of turn off your brain and enjoy the nice (or at least unique) looking visuals, and others can't.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
300, Man Of Steel, Watchmen and Justice League are great fucking movies. BvS and Sucker Punch got the reception the deserved.

He's right in that his movies dont always get great reviews.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Just finished listening to him on Joe Rogan and he comes across as a really passionate down to earth nerd living the dream making genre movies, absolutely bloody awful what him and his family had to go through, I've no idea why he has haters tbf, he's just a movie maker ffs

Top Bottom