• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rechargeable AAAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
They may be easy to find, inexpensive, etc, but I really have no idea. I've never actually seen any before.

So, recommendations? And where can I generally find them? I just did a quick search at FutureShop.ca (Canadian), a major electronics store, and they didn't even have any.

goodcow

Heh, they do seem to be a bit tricky to find.

Amazon.ca doesn't seem to stock all sorts of goodies like Amazon.com does, but here are ASIN numbers for Amazon.com:

B00005T3ED
B0000BXEJB
B0000A1GPP

The last one is "Sony ACCCN4 Starter Kit for the DSC-U50 Digital Camera."

SickBoy

You're in Ontario, right? Otherwise, I'd tell you to go to London Drugs...

You should probably be able to find Energizer NiMHs in some fairly basic places ... I'd try the Real Canadian Superstore (or Loblaws, or whatever the hell you call it there, as long as it's got an electronics dept.), you'll probably get a decent price and I'd be surprised if they didn't sell them.

Henry's also seems to stock them (I'm sure Vistek would as well).

Honestly, I don't think Future Shop is really a good place to buy batteries...

Socreges

Banned
Vancouver, actually. But we've got London Drugs and Superstore over here.

Energizer NiMHs... alright... they'd require a charger. Do I need to buy that separately?

SickBoy

Yeah, any rechargeables will need a charger. It's probably not a bad idea to find one that will charge both AAs and AAAs. My personal preference would be to get one that charges the batteries slowly. You're more likely to get the most out of the batteries, and I've heard some horror stories about exploding batteries with fast (1 hr. or quicker) chargers. My charger's really slow (12 hours), but that's one of the reasons I've got an extra set of batteries.

I have no idea what prices are like, other than that the last few times I've seen rechargeables on the shelves, I've thought the batteries and the chargers have both been pretty expensive. I got a decent deal on my batteries, and they're still working just fine for me...

Also, Radio Shack is another place that will have rechargeables, and they're probably one of the things they have a competitive price on :)

BuG

I didn't want to pay AUD$13 for rechargeable AAA batteries the other week so I tried nicking them from a local K-Mart, but when I stuffed them in my pocket and began walking away I heard "Security, section B" over the intercom. I crapped my pants, stuffed the offending batteries in a pair of shoes two aisles away, went back to the battery aisle to grab my batteries and quickly made my way to the counter to pay for them. I don't even know if I was in section B but it was too big of a coincidence for me to take the chance. I suck at shoplifting. :(

Those Energizer NiMHs are the ones I have, and I got an Energizer four slot charger (either AA or AAA) for AUD$30. It's of the 12-hour charge variety.

Socreges

Banned
Sweet! I just realized that the charger I got with my digital camera does both AA and AAA. That'll save me a few bucks.

Anyway, thanks, Sickboy. I'll probably head to Radio Shack tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom