• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recore Preview Thread (Mega Man meets Con Man meets Metroid Prime)

pitchfork

Actually really looking forward to this game now after watching the Joe Staten stream the other day. Gameplay looks like a lot of fun

SOR5

A hidden gem

Recore won't give you hints on what to do, where to go or the enemies weakpoint

Dynamic and fun combat.

Lot's of exploration with sandstorms happening in the overworld

Five robot buddies in total (We've only seen 3)

Reminds him a lot of Star wars the force awakened; Scavenger Protagonist with his loyal companion on a desert world

f0Hlx.gif

Magnífico

Maffis

Is it not possible to pre-order on the windows store in Europe? When I search for Recore it says the page can't be found?

Maffis

Works fine here?

I can click on any game in the windows store app on windows 10 and it works fine, but when I search for ReCore it pops up in the search bar but when I click it says "The thing you're looking for isn't here". Weird.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Very cool to see positive impressions. I thought the game looked pretty janky the last time I saw it. Might have to put this one back on my radar.

fossi8

I did my best:

Everyone in the videogames world knows the name of Neije Inafune father of Mega Man. Now, with the help with two talented studios, Comcept and Armature Studio come one of the ideas of Inafune: ReCore. This project, a modest one, has been making bigger with the pass of time. Microsoft wanted it for Xbox One and Windows 10 and put the attention on it. 16 Sept, finally, ReCore will be released and we have tried the firsts minutes of gameplay. Here are our first impressions of ReCore, a Japanese game that has been adapted to the western model to wide its horizons and be able to any kind of public.

A hidden Japanese gem

ReCore is a platform adventure that takes place in a uncertain future for the mankind. The argument make us been part of the engineer Joule Adams. Our female protagonist wakes up from a deeply cryogenic sleep for all mankind waiting for the robots to make our planet an habitable place. Once she woke up she noticed the world is not what is supposed to be, now the world is in ruins and everything is a complete mess, plus some robots have changed their behavior and now they are hostiles that pretend to eliminate any kind of life.

Starting the action we find ourselves in a a world that constantly changes by the weather or sandstorms that will suddenly change the scenarios. To face this new world, Joule wont be alone, she has a convoy of five different robots that will help in different tasks according with their different abilities. For example, one of the robots will help us to climb and other one to move heavy objects, each situation will require a different ability.

The world, in the first minutes, is wide and has different paths. One of the will be the most obvious to follow but if we explore more we will find alternative routes that hides items that will help our adventure. The combat system is dynamic and fun, adaptable to any kind of players. The casual gamers could play with auto aim and make the adventure more easy and for core gamers they can deactivate this options and face more challenge. The enemies will have a colored nucleus that will be faced with a gun with the same color. This mechanic can be an authentic challenge when there are different enemies on the screen and you have to choose who to attack first. Strategy will be part of the combat, will be very interesting the final version with this type of combat.

Keep exploring

Another characteristic that makes ReCore different is that the game wont give us clues of what to do,where to go or weak spots of bigger enemies. This is totally different that we used to received in the last years where the game takes our hand telling us everything we need to do and how, that's something we should appreciate. The ambience of the game is sublime and pretty, takes you to explore that is one of the main characteristics in ReCore. Make us remember the last Star Wars movie, whee the protagonist is a "junk collector (?)" and her companion in a desert world. The game will give you new items and new secret zones by exploring new areas, and will make the player to explore every single corner of the beautiful scenarios.

Joule is agile and moves fast, control is intuitive and a very good surround sound, at least what was tried in the demo. The graphics looks very polished but we need to wait to the final version. To conclude, this is the first contact with ReCore and has been very positive and promising. It´s not an AAA game and will have the cross play between Xbox One and Windows 10. We will review the full version next Sept 16 the release date in Spain.

Theorry

I can click on any game in the windows store app on windows 10 and it works fine, but when I search for ReCore it pops up in the search bar but when I click it says "The thing you're looking for isn't here". Weird.

You dont see it on the mainpage also? I have a big banner with Recore.

Very cool to see positive impressions. I thought the game looked pretty janky the last time I saw it. Might have to put this one back on my radar.

Seen the livestream?

Zedox

Make sure you are on the Anniversary Update for Windows 10. Type winver and make sure it says version 1607.

Coxy100

Banned
A hidden gem

Recore won't give you hints on what to do, where to go or the enemies weakpoint

Dynamic and fun combat.

Lot's of exploration with sandstorms happening in the overworld

Five robot buddies in total (We've only seen 3)

Reminds him a lot of Star wars the force awakened; Scavenger Protagonist with his loyal companion on a desert world

sounds good! Really crossing my fingers on this one - Microsoft haven't had a 'great' exclusive for ages (only good)

SOR5

I did my best:

Everyone in the videogames world knows the name of Neije Inafune father of Mega Man. Now, with the help with two talented studios, Comcept and Armature Studio come one of the ideas of Inafune: ReCore. This project, a modest one, has been making bigger with the pass of time. Microsoft wanted it for Xbox One and Windows 10 and put the attention on it. 16 Sept, finally, ReCore will be released and we have tried the firsts minutes of gameplay. Here are our first impressions of ReCore, a Japanese game that has been adapted to the western model to wide its horizons and be able to any kind of public.

Thanks man, its lookin alright

Damn, I can't wait til I get my Xbox One S. This game sold the system to me, personally. Not 100%, but I definitely took this game into consideration.

ghibli99

This is kind of reminding me of the stuff we saw on the first Xbox that felt a little experimental or different (Gunvalkyrie, etc.), which in a way seems quite refreshing. Still kinda looks rough to me, but if the gameplay is there, I think I'll really enjoy it. System desperately needs more games, so my fingers are crossed. Surprised it's next week already!

jbug617

Banned
Embargo is over Monday morning at 8am est. Ryan from IGN said their review won't be up because they just got the download code.

Phloxy

I was able to get an early copy, early impressions are extremely positive.
I had little to no hope after how poorly Mighty Number 9 went, but from the first 5 minutes of playing this game it was a pleasant surprise.

It looks nice, runs real smooth and the control is actually very tight. The animations might not be extremely fluid but what it lacks in crazy animation it makes up for with how tight the controls are. Double jumps and air dashes always feel just right when you do them.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try to avoid putting up any spoilers. Going to have video tomorrow, if the MS ninjas don't track me down first.

SOR5

I had little to no hope after how poorly Mighty Number 9 went, but from the first 5 minutes of playing this game it was a pleasant surprise.

It looks nice, runs real smooth and the control is actually very tight. The animations might not be extremely fluid but what it lacks in crazy animation it makes up for with how tight the controls are. Double jumps and air dashes always feel just right when you do them.

Feel free to ask any questions, I'll try to avoid putting up any spoilers. Going to have video tomorrow, if the MS ninjas don't track me down first.

Ooo!!

How's the story and music and stuff? Haven't heard much from that end, no spoilers just wondering the quality of it

Varg

Banned
I want this game so badly. Updated to anniversary on pc to play halo so it looks like recore will be the first game I buy from their store.

Any mention on the length of the game including all side stuff? Might be a bit premature to ask this, but was wondering if this was mentioned anywhere.

Perhaps too early to ask, but what are the story beats like?

SOR5

Reviews coming in soon

I think everyone wants this to be good, there's evidence here that it is good, but only time will tell if that sentiment is shared with everyone else

Phloxy

Well it's interesting. I knew almost nothing about the storyline of this game, went in basically blind. I would say my favorite aspect so far is that it feels like a videogame ass videogame. The opening is very brief and it gets control into your hands almost right away.

It does have cutscenes littered throughout the first half hour nothing too long or anything but they are there.
Lastly the ost is extremely impressive! Not sure who composed it but in the video I'm uploading it's surprising when it kicks in during combat.

The game also seems big, not too long after the opening sections the world opens up and you have a hub of sorts with upgrade paths and crafting and quests etc,etc. It feels like a Metroid game if Samus was on a planet alone forced to take advantage of all her resources and really learn to survive without the power suit.

I'll have video of the opening 25 minutes shortly which don't really spoil anything too big so you guys can see how it looks for yourself.

Grisby

Well it's interesting. I knew almost nothing about the storyline of this game, went in basically blind. I would say my favorite aspect so far is that it feels like a videogame ass videogame. The opening is very brief and it gets control into your hands almost right away.

It does have cutscenes littered throughout the first half hour nothing too long or anything but they are there.
Lastly the ost is extremely impressive! Not sure who composed it but in the video I'm uploading it's surprising when it kicks in during combat.

The game also seems big, not too long after the opening sections the world opens up and you have a hub of sorts with upgrade paths and crafting and quests etc,etc. It feels like a Metroid game if Samus was on a planet alone forced to take advantage of all her resources and really learn to survive without the power suit.

I'll have video of the opening 25 minutes shortly which don't really spoil anything too big so you guys can see how it looks for yourself.
Nice impressions Phloxy. I'm hoping that this is a rebound for Armature. The last, and only, game I played by them was the Batman game on Vita, which was rather poor.

Also, I believe Theorry linked an article earlier in this (?) thread on the composer.
http://www.recoregame.com/2015/07/22/creating-the-music-for-the-recore-e3-trailer/

blakep267

Looks fun but I hope it's just that guys stream and the frame rate isn't as wonky as it looks. It seemed like every turn it would dip

SOR5

https://www.twitch.tv/shadowstar_hakii/v/88530368

Video of someone playing. Note that this seems very far into the game (based off of me looking at the first minute and seeing what the player has available. There's definitely platforming in this game. Whoa.

Here's a better one from the beginning: https://www.twitch.tv/shadowstar_hakii/v/88510919

Thanks for these guys

Top Bottom