• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Recreate your favorite videogame moments using MS Paint

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinSoX

Banned
metalgear.png

FightyF

Banned
Many years ago after playing Daytona USA in the arcades I made a 3D Daytona USA pic on my 386. I had it copied over to later computers but lost the file around 8 years ago...would have been perfect for this thread!

I did all the 3D textures by using the "skew" feature in Paint.

It must not die.

First time I dove off the big cliff in TR1, it was a ****ing revelation. Having just started TR Anniversary, I'm happy to be diving off of really high shit again.

Enoch

This picture isn't really done but I just don't want to see this thread die.

mario64flying.png

I used to just fly around and surf on the koopa shell for hours in this level. Good times.

Why must this thread die?

I was screwing around with doing a Rolling Thunder moment when I got busy with other stuff and decided to just do random shit halfway through. MS Paint's lack of fill tolerance adjustment makes for some interesting surprises...this time with some pixel-like blocking.

I tried but it's waaaaay too hard for me to produce something decent.
We have very good things here but i don't know half of the games here (or i don't recognize them)

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
SovanJedi said:
http://www.jontendo.co.uk/gfx/dozer.gif[IMG]

Yeah well, so many people did the dragon that I felt this fellah deserved some attention.[/QUOTE]

Wow. You deserve a medal for this.

SovanJedi said:
http://www.jontendo.co.uk/gfx/dozer.gif[IMG]

Yeah well, so many people did the dragon that I felt this fellah deserved some attention.[/QUOTE]

KICK-ASS!
You, my friend, are a genius.
The Crocomire one was the best MS Paint artwork ever.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Fittingly, my favourite scene ever from my favourite game ever.

ravens_delight.gif

Okay, this truly is the very last image I'm going to post in this topic (and that's for definite, since tomorrow my tablet is being carted off to work to be used for a current project and probably won't be back until Christmas...). Hopefully I'm not pissing any of the mods off for doing this repeatedly with an old thread.

Thanks to everyone for such a marvellous thread, though! For me it has been really fantastic not only for the generous compliments people have been giving but for an excuse to dig through memories of past games and their standout moments and committing them to image format for prosperity purposes. That, and reigniting the passion to actually draw stuff outside of work.

Everybody who has made stuff for the thread ought to be congratulated, and here's to a future thread of the same theme in the future!!

Awww, SovanJedi, you can't leave this thread... :/ (I thought you did all of these pieces w/ mouse, actually.) Your participation will be missed.

Anyway, there's no reason for this thread to get locked anytime soon, IMO. Instead of asking for stuff, folks, just contribute as that's the whole point.

Rufus

@Sovan
You went out with a bang at least.

Aurora said:
Some of you are insanely talented with Paint.
It's like saying "Some of you are insanely talented with a pencil and some paper."
They're talented. Period.

Using a mouse, however, gets you lots of bonus points in my book.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
We have 2008, 2009, and 2010 threads of MS moments... no need to bump a 3 year old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom