• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RED ASH Kickstater - PS4 Stretch Goal Confirmed (Goal: 800,000/PS4: 1 million)

RK128

Hello everyone :).

Just wanted to let you all know that for anyone interested, there is a Kickstarter for a Mega Man Legends successor called RED ASH. The Link to the Kickstarter is here, but the big news is that finally a console port was announced.

Its coming to the PS4 with that goal being 1 million (with the funding goal being 800,000).

The Kickstarter has had some issues but it holds a promising game, so if anyone is interested, visit the Kickstarter page to learn more about the game :D.

Also check out the thread covering the Kickstarter here for anyone interested.

Toki767

Still can't believe they wasted 14 days of potential backing just to have a poll where everyone except for the people holding the kickstarter knew the results already.

This might not even hit 1 million. It may fall between 800K and 1 million which is enough to fund the initial goal, but not enough to come out on PS4.

I kinda hope this doesn't get funded. It seems badly planned at best, fairly shady at worst. Inafune and his team should cancel it for now, plan a better KS campaign and spend six months building a prototype or a vertical slice.

eFKac

Ehh the PS4 stretch goal should have been there from the beginning, now I'm afraid it's too little too late. The momentum of the ks absolutely tanked.

I wonder how much of an effect will this have, hopefully the ks actually reaches this stretch goal :-D

RK128

I know the game will likely not hit its funding goal if they don't get there act together, but I figured it might do something to help the Kickstarter :l.

I am fascinated by how badly managed this campaign has been.

I wonder if there's some Producers-style scam going on in the background. Make it look like you're trying, but make all the wrong decisions along the way.

hawk2025

Let's see how these goes -- the PS4 version being confirmed may be able to attract a new round of momentum for the project.

Wanderer5

Unfortunately it looks like it going to fail or maybe barely make it with the base goal, which honestly I kind of hope the former happens between the two.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Bigger news beyond the PS4 stretch goal went somewhat unreported by game sites:

arhTyoP.png

This Kickstarter is to fund a short-ish prologue that Comcept will use as sort of like a retail prototype to get "the real game", The New Order Conspiracy made with publisher backing.

You have to pledge over $79 upfront to receive both the Prologue and Main Actual Game, if you have that much blind faith in Inafune. Since no publisher is assured to be backing that actual game, theres nary a scrap of prototype yet, and it looks like it'd only scrape the bare minimum funding goal if it did make it (Read above image as: "This content is definitely going to be reduced!"). But whats accountability on Kickstarter anyway!

Escalario

Banned
Bigger news beyond the PS4 stretch goal went somewhat unreported by game sites:

arhTyoP.png

This Kickstarter is to fund a short-ish prologue that Comcept will use as sort of like a retail prototype to get "the real game", The New Order Conspiracy made with publisher backing.

You have to pledge over $79 upfront to receive both the Prologue and Main Actual Game, if you have that much blind faith in Inafune. Since no publisher is assured to be backing that actual game, theres nary a scrap of prototype yet, and it looks like it'd only scrape the bare minimum funding goal if it did make it (Read above image as: "This content is definitely going to be reduced!"). But whats accountability on Kickstarter anyway!

So Inafune is completely pulling a MML3 including "Buy a demo to fund the rest of the game!" shit. The only thing this KS deserves is to fail horribly.

Its not gonna hit the 1 million goal. Had they listed PS4 at the start, it would have encouraged more pledges. Hoping this fails since there is barely anything they shown besides concept art for the game.

wiibomb

I'm very sorry for those who really wanted the Megaman Legends spiritual successor, but this whole kickstarter is a fiasco,

those fans do not deserve neither the half assed game they are offering, neither to be treated as if this is something nearly as close as $80, inafune is really trying to take all money he can with this...

the purpose of a kickstarter is to help the dev who cannot make its vision come true because of the money, not to make huge amounts of profit like Inafue is trying

to be honest, I want this to fail, to send inafune and other devs who think of KS as a profit tool, think twice

Nairume

Banned

I wonder if there's some Producers-style scam going on in the background. Make it look like you're trying, but make all the wrong decisions along the way.
It turns out Inafune secretly tanked MML3's development as well.

GunBR

I really hope that this KS fail, so Inafune can see all the errors of this one and then, after the launch of MN9, he can try again with a better plan

FelipeMGM

I am actually interested in this game. It sounds cool and I really liked Megaman Legends. And PS4 support is great!

But the whole KS situation is shady as fuck and Im not going to support this one.

Trike

When this fails are we going to have a Red Ash "Get Me Off the Ground" campaign? Or is that essentially what the 100k strong are doing now?

pastrami

Seems too little too late. It's at 455k, so it would need another 545k in 10 days to make it. At this point, I think that if people want a PS4 version, they may be hesitant to back it because it seems unlikely to even meet the stretch goal for it.

For a team that has already had a successful kickstarter, this one just seems like a disaster.

Einbroch

Banned
Oh, so the PS4 is a stretch goal?

Why would you donate for a console port on a project that barely looks to squeak by if at all?

Y'know, that screenshot of Kamiya saying Inafune is a businessman isn't relevant here, but I can't help but think about how Inafune is sucking the big one on the business front lately.

MLCodest

At the rate it's been going I'd be surprised to see it reach 800k. Really think they should cancel it and launch it again in a couple months.

Fireblend

Banned
Seriously, this KS is a disaster. I hope it doesn't make it, or everyone will know that as long as you appeal to fan nostalgia or have a big figure behind the project, it doesn't really matter how much you show or how much effort you put into it, people will blindly shower you with money. This is day and night compared to the top-notch production values of the MN9 Kickstarter campaign. If this was more like that one I'd be all over it, but as it stands I can barely believe Inafune looked at the carcass of content that is this campaign and said "yep, that's good enough to convince the fans to donate". I don't know what'd be worse, if he believes that just mentioning MM Legends will make consumers salivate enough to back this project, or if his ego is so huge he actually fooled himself.

They really should just cancel the KS and come back later after MN9 is out. The thing has stalled the last week.

On the plus side after this and Double Fine I think we have learned that launching a Kickstarter before you have fulfilled your previous Kickstarter is a bad idea.

I guess we will see if the PS4 announcement moves the needle but at best I expect this to just reach the basic goal.

_Ryo_

As far as I understand the Kickstarter, it's basically a prologue/demo that has 1-4 chapters and will feature less chapters if the stretch goals are not met depending if they can find a publisher or not. And that there will be a full game regardless of the Kickstarter. It's all very anti-consumer and scummy. It's basically asking for the opportunity to ask for an opportunity. And they had a one day discount deal where you can pay one price for the demo and the full game.

So, #1 not a full game, #2 apparently a full game may come afterwards but it has nothing to do with this Kickstarter, so why bother. #3 Infocommericialization of Kickstarter.

I want everyone to get the game they've been waiting so long for, I don't want them being duped. I don't see why this Kickstarter should succeed. Especially since point #2 comes into play. Makes the whole thing irrelevant.

Still can't believe they wasted 14 days of potential backing just to have a poll where everyone except for the people holding the kickstarter knew the results already.

This might not even hit 1 million. It may fall between 800K and 1 million which is enough to fund the initial goal, but not enough to come out on PS4.

Wait you mean they needed a survey to determine what platform has the most people interested? Have they looked at sales world wide?

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Eh, an underfunded kickstarter that you clearly laid out to get 300% funded and tried scamming people by setting your goal real low is a pretty bad outcome. You have to make the game because you're an established company and not some Johnny come lately but you don't really have the funding to make it, you know, good.

Einbroch

Banned
Wait you mean they needed a survey to determine what platform has the most people interested? Have they looked at sales world wide?

Yup. Apparently it was because there was a lot of demand for a Wii U version.

Of a game coming out in 2017.

It was just a ploy to get people to donate and vote.

Conceptually the core makeup of this game is interesting but I'm generally anti-KS and I am not entrusting money in advance to Inafune after witnessing what happened to Mighty No. 9.

Toki767

They were at like $455.5K before announcing the console. Now they're at $455.2K.

So they lost money from people who only backed it to vote for their console of choice.

Cancel it, spent 3 months making a prototype, relaunch. Then everyone is happy.
Would that really make a diference? I think the Inafune hate is here to stay and even if he made a good second Red Ash Kickstarter everyone would still be talkig about how bad the fist one was.

KingBroly

Banned
They were at like $455.5K before announcing the console. Now they're at $455.2K.

So they lost money from people who only backed it to vote for their console of choice.

That's not that much, tbh. But it shows that there really wasn't as much interest in this game as they thought. Or they've just felt burned by Mighty No 9 to not trust Inafune. By getting movies, animes and other things announced before the game's even released does make people think their money was spent on things not related to the game, even if it's not true.

JDSN

Banned
Ps4 now will get to enjoy their game prologue or full game depending how much the pledged and the day they did the pledge.

All for the price of 80 bucks.

Anth0ny

Would that really make a diference? I think the Inafune hate is here to stay and even if he made a good second Red Ash Kickstarter everyone would still be talkig about how bad the fist one was.

I think it would

everyone just spent all of their money on yooka laylee, bloodstained and shenmue 3. plus mighty number 9 is like 2 months away. the timing on this thing is just terrible.

I have no doubt that if they launched this thing in February 2016 it would have hit its goal in a day.

sn00zer

Well the first kickstarter was a very shitty, lazy kickstarter. A game kickstarter with literally no gameplay, no gameplay explanation, and concept art that looks like it took a weekend is not a good kickstarter regardless of names behind it. Inafune had little to do with the failure of the Red Ash kickstarter, but it certainly didnt help given how the MN9 kickstarter went.

Cmagus

I don't know I think if they came back and showed a nice prototype it would get people hyped again. I'm glad they finally announced a console which they needed to do. I'll keep an eye on it, I'm interested but I'll see how things go from here on out before I jump the gun. I'll probably wait till the last day before I give anything.

Top Bottom