• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - New Screenshots

This is going to be a fuckin' treat on Scorpio/PS4 Pro, hopefully with HDR support as well. I'm still surprised that they haven't added support for PS4 Pro with GTA V.

My only wish for the actual game is that they bring back the GTA IV/RDR style ragdoll animations. The ones that actually interacted with their surroundings and where they were shot.

That looks fantastic!

giphy.gif

Well excuse me for being impressed? Sorry 'bout that.

Fair enough I couldn't look at them at full res either before so I can understand where you are coming from now, but at least at first glance given the fidelity they are going for it looked extremely impressive for a third-party open-world title.

You can be impressed all you want. It will be a good looking game. It just won't win any awards in the graphics department. But with RDR, I'm here for the wild wild west gameplay.

One thing that stood out to me is that it SEEMS as though everything will make footprints in the muddy streets. Including horses. Somehow I don't see that making it into the final game.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Will buy at the end of the gen when I'm absolutely sure there is no PS5/XB2 version.

Even if I'd want to wait, I wouldn't be able to stop myself. I've already got a standard edition paid off. If it's good enough, I'd double dip on a remaster on PS5.

noomi

Triple dip.

PS4 Pro Version - Spring 2018
PS5 Version (Remastered) - Spring 2019
PC Version - Spring 2020

You know that's what is going to happen, this fucking game is going to end up costing me over $200 lol

Yu Furealdo

I kind of hope this doesn't have John Marston in it. He was an okay character, but I like fresh protagonists in Rockstar games.

Coffinhal

Triple dip.

PC Version - Spring 2020

You know that's what is going to happen, this fucking game is going to end up costing me over $200 lol

There's no way there will be a PS5 by Spring 2019

Fall 2019 at the earliest

2 years between original release and PC release is too much especially considering they are going to work on several versions close to most PC

Skyr

Triple dip.

PC Version - Spring 2020

Yes it is going to happen and I won't have any regrets. There are just a few games that are worth that price to me. So was GTA5 (quadruple dipped)

Bandit1

Qql3ZBK_d.jpg

Somebody put these images together. Looks like the same guy/same hat, probably our main protagonist, or one of them.

opricnik

Banned
Triple dip.

PC Version - Spring 2020

Spring console release.

October PC release

mark my words

Cyborg

Looks incredible. Maybe it me but there is so much difference betweet screenshot. One is so amazing and unreal while others look more believeable.

Anyone else noticed it?

Coffinhal

No i am not kidding, RDR will be like 8 years old by the time the sequel comes out, i'm glad they are using the new hardware.

You're off-topic. It's not a question of "new hardware" but of art direction. And RDR1 had realistic textures and didn't look as 'cartoonish' as GTA V for character models especially. So what you said was stupid : RDR2 is the sequel of RDR1, bringing GTAV is off-topic and makes no sense.

Looks f*cking great. Probably there's going to be a downgrade, but still. I hope my PS4 Slim can run it decently at 1080p until the PC version comes out.

Hoping they release a HD version of the last one too.

Top Bottom