• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - RTX 4090

GymWolf

maxed out pc directors cut.
You can't see the moss this far.
tbh the game looks amazing in motion when not scrutinizing it. especially characters and animations
I'm not gonna paint red circles on your second pic to show you how the rocks and vegetation 1 meters away from the characters look like absolute shit so i'm gonna trust the fact that you just chose a bad pic to show moss and the details being intact far away from the character.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I'm not gonna paint red circles on your second pic to show you how the rocks and vegetation 1 meters away from the characters look like absolute shit so i'm gonna trust the fact that you just chose a bad pic to show moss and the details being intact far away from the character.
I really don't care. The game looks amazing.
Way better than rdr2.

I don't even care what platform this video is from but it looks so good. The GAME TOUCHES ME!

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned
This is the best looking game on pc, cyberpunk can go fuck itself.
Hold your horses.

16g6stu.png

sxdTyw2.png

NiYtmi7.png

GymWolf

I really don't care. The game looks amazing.
Way better than rdr2.

I don't even care what platform this video is from but it looks so good. The GAME TOUCHES ME!

I think we are on a levels so high between cyberpunk, ds and rdr2 that is mostly a matter of personal taste.

Strange because i give 2 fucks about the western genre both games and movies but i love scifi, horrors and cyberpunk way more:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

Kacho

The best looking game on PC can't possibly be "simultaneously impressive and ugly". Where are all your standards guys, good lord.
I know it's cool for whatever reason to say Cyberpunk is impressive but come on...best ever?
The game looks amazing with RTX on but yeah, it's not enough to hide the faults. RDR2 is gorgeous from top to bottom. In a class of its own.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Playing Cyberpunk right now and man it is one schizo game. Looks amazing at times, absolutely trash at other times. RDR2 is a masterpiece. Not a single bad looking area.

HFW is GOAT and will take over the PC crown when it launches next year.

GymWolf

RDR2 have a really bad TAA implementation, Even at 4K it doesn't look that sharp
Yeah, it was my biggest gripe with the game (graphically speaking), i thought that only the console version was a blurry mess but even on pc is pretty meh. (better than console tho)

Last edited:

GymWolf

Playing Cyberpunk right now and man it is one schizo game. Looks amazing at times, absolutely trash at other times. RDR2 is a masterpiece. Not a single bad looking area.

HFW is GOAT and will take over the PC crown when it launches next year.
Not if spidey 2 is this graphical megaton that insomniac brag about on twitter (pretty sure they are exagerating a lot)

The fact that we are not even considering ragnarock is extremely sad.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Yeah, it was my biggest gripe with the game (graphically speaking), i thought that only the console version was a blurry mess but even on pc is pretty meh. (better than console tho)
I played on X1X and it was the most clean and sharpest looking game ive ever seen. Looked way sharper than other native 4k games on the x1x like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5 and DMC.

GymWolf

I played on X1X and it was the most clean and sharpest looking game ive ever seen. Looked way sharper than other native 4k games on the x1x like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Halo 5 and DMC.
Played on ps4 pro and pc 4k30 and it was less clear than horizon zero down on pro in 4kinda.

But i heard many times that the xone x version was pretty sharp.

Tbf, i always set sharpness to 0 in my monitors.

Last edited:

GymWolf

this one looks fire

I don't care if it doesn't have real rtx, some scenes are incredible even with fake ass lights and shadows, saint denis or the swamp at night with a torch are out of this world.

You can feel how every rock, bush, tree, any shit on screen is carefully placed to have the best scene everytime.

If only the texture work was as good as some other games, why nobody made a high res texture pack for this game with all the super fanboys around the world? way shittier games get texture pack from modders...

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You win, the most fuckable chick in rdr2 is the stronk blondie and she can look kinda like a man on the wrong light condition:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Have you ignored Mary-Beth and her rack in the camp?

GymWolf

Have you ignored Mary-Beth and her rack in the camp?
forgot about her.

Nvzman

I get what you say but i partially disagree, a lot of games have snappy controls and way better movements and combat animations than death stranding, first example that comes to mind is tlou2 that play way better than rdr2 and still has way more realistic and good looking animations than ds, melee combat in ds is not only ugly looking but clunky AF, tlouw manage to have way better animations and melee combat feeling, like not even close, i know that ds is not a combat centric games, but still...
Its just like shooting in the old MGS games, its deliberately designed to be clunky to dissuade fighting every enemy you see. Comparing Death Stranding to TLoU is still missing the point, you definitely move a lot more fluidly and have more responsive controls in DS. TLOU still makes the animations the priority over the controls.

GymWolf

Its just like shooting in the old MGS games, its deliberately designed to be clunky to dissuade fighting every enemy you see. Comparing Death Stranding to TLoU is still missing the point, you definitely move a lot more fluidly and have more responsive controls in DS. TLOU still makes the animations the priority over the controls.
Disagree on ds being more fluid or responsive than tlou 2 tbh, if anything i think the ds dude is more clunky than tlou2 characters, but i haven't played ds in a while, i jist remember not being wowed by the character being particuarly fluid or responsive compared to other games with better animations.

Matter of taste i guess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom