• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 vs. Cuphead

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Red Dead Redemption 2

Votes: 100 59.5%
  • Cuphead

Votes: 68 40.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

53XfNht.jpg

Phase

This is hard as they're both great imo. But I actually really loved the slow pace of RDR2 and how much I was pulled into its world. It gets my vote.

radewagon

Hmmm.... tough one.

I haven't finished Cuphead because it's really hard and I can only tolerate it in incredibly enjoyable short bursts.

I haven't finished Red Dead Redemption II because it's the single most boring thing I have ever played in my life. It's like every time the character needs to perform a mundane action, I've got to sit through a summon of FFVII's Knights of the Round.

Cuphead by a country mile.

Cuphead is an all-time wonder. But I expect it to lose only because of how broad RDR2’s reach is/was. But book it: once these titles are considered legacy, popular opinion is going to favor Cuphead.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Red Dead 2 is big time and it's good from the top down, Rockstar, characters it plays like a real game, not knocking Cuphead but Red Dead 2 looks better now than games released today.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
love me some Cuphead. feels like a dream game i have wanted ever since i was a kid.

RDR2 is amazing, just, it's a shinier version of something they already did. plus it's not that fun to play.

turtlepowa

Banned
Hard one. Liked both, cuphead has this incredible art style and gameplay. RDR2 is huge and beautiful, but the combat gameplay sucks.

MrS

Banned
Cuphead. While the RDR2 story is sublime, the gameplay and challenge of Cuphead propels it above RDR2 in my estimation. Cuphead artstyle is absolutely beautiful too and it's quite obviously a labour of love by the developers. Xbox should have done more to keep MDHR making games just for Xbox because these guys are seriously talented. Aside from the visuals and story (APART FROM PIECE OF SHIT GUARMA CHAPTER AND JOHN STUFF) of RDR2, what else is there? The game is mechanically horrendous and the mission structure is, putting it politely, outdated. Side shit like fishing is boring as fuck and provides no satisfaction. The games economy was also broken as Arthur was rich as fuck half way through the game which made the game far, far too easy.

Last edited:
I’ve personally witnessed children shed tears over Cuphead’s difficulty(my 6 year old daughter and equally aged nephew). Red Dead 2’s controls weren’t the greatest and a lot of the player’s control was taken away from us but the story and atmosphere was nearly unrivaled. This is a tough one OP and damn you for inventing this!! I honestly can’t decide lol.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
rdr2 I did not like too much but I was at least able to finish it.
Cuphead is noit a game for humans. I made it to 2nd world and some... but cmon. What is this. And the platforming levels suck

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I have a feeling that almost no one who voted for Cuphead actually made it very far in the game. Without that art style, no one would have enjoyed it.

xBlueStonex

Having played both and beaten both twice, RDR2, and it's not even close. Cuphead relies heavily on a gimmick - albeit done incredibly well - but grows stale fast and offers very little replayability. I beat it the second time because a friend of mine wanted to co-op through it, otherwise, I wouldn't have touched it again. RDR2 is shoulder's ahead in just about every area.

Edit: I'd also wager that the majority of you picking Cuphead haven't played it, or haven't played it all the way through the end.

Last edited:

Mozzarella

I enjoyed both games, but i think Red Dead Redemption 2 was more important as a game to me, i value good world and story and it delivers, also it manages to give me a great experience as a whole.

All Cuphead, all the time time. Red Dead, I wouldn't have bothered finishing if it wasn't for the story and voice acting. Cuphead was a joy to play. RDR2 was a chore.

Top Bottom