• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption 2 vs. Overwatch

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Red Dead Redemption 2

Votes: 156 72.9%
  • Overwatch

Votes: 58 27.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

2qBfnFR.jpg

betrayal

Banned
If you value exceptional gameplay, you have to choose Overwatch.

If you value a good underwater simulator or are generally bad at video games, then choose RDR2.

Last edited:
RDR2 is the most beautyfull, wastefully detailed gameword ever, its a game you show your non gamer friends on how far the industry has come. Overwatch is just a more defined TF2 with heroes in my book.

LMFAO! THANK YOU!
Don't get me started on all the junk wrong with that game.

An open world were you can't openly rob the banks, in a game about people who rob banks.......
For the record i just played the Story and it was a perfect game for me in that regard. I felt like Arthur. I cried, laughed and truly cared about the world and the people in it. Could R* give the player more gamplay-options? Sure, but thats allways the case in an open world. I didnt miss "free-roaming" bank robberies. I was satisfyed with the story robberies which where a climax in the story. For me, if i could rob a bank every 20 mins to grind for money, it would take all the significance out of it. I understand ur point, but this game is way to big to be shatterd just because one mechanic wasnt there.

rubenburgt

Both games are okay, but my pick will be red dead redemption 2.

I just love single player games and Overwatch seems to be slowly dying thanks to terrible balancing.

Last edited:

xBlueStonex

The amount of hate RDR2 gets on here is laughable. It really is is a towering masterpiece of game design, with some of the best writing I've ever seen in a video game. There are side quests that are literally better than most games main quests. Graphically nothing else even comes close. And hell, even the soundtrack is incredible:

To top it all off, Arthur Morgan is one of the best protagonists I've ever experienced in a video game. He's just so incredibly nuanced, and has so many small moments that make you forget you're playing a video game. Take this scene for instance:

Arthur's apology is just so utterly believable and heartbreaking. And this is from a side quest. I literally missed this scene the first time I played the game, and was blown away when I discovered it randomly in my second.

Honestly, the hate comes from the people who experienced not even a tenth of what the game has to offer. They were put off by the "slow" beginning, failing to realize the game as a whole is intended to be a slow burn. And in doing so, missed out on one of the best games ever created. RDR 2 over Overwatch, hands down. I feel lucky just being alive in a time where something like RDR 2 has the chance to exist.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The multyplayer game i played more during this gen (except mhw) against one of my goty for 2018.

Yeah i can't vote for this one.

Last edited:

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Red Dead 2 Got it free with my Xbox one x, did it like it. Got for PC and gave my self a ton of money so I didn’t have to loot everything and I loved it.

Overwatch, while I liked it at the start the loot box trash game mechanic ruins it.

I'm not even a big fan of the second RDR but if you put it against Overwatch it's a no brainer. I'm surprised it's not winning by a landslide.

Last edited:

HE1NZ

Banned
A boring movie vs a fun videogame.

Not a comparison. I have about 500 hours in Overwatch. Best multiplayer game of this gen.

Too bad NeoGaf hates multiplayer games.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
PUSH THE PAYLOAD

or

ONE MORE JOB

I'm not even gonna vote man.

It’s an unfortunate matchup for Overwatch but it’s still doing pretty well. Probably would have won against most other MP games.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I'm a fairweather R* fan. Some of their games were fun, but I bounce off most of their titles. RDR was enjoyable but to be honest I had more fun (and spent more time) playing on the Undead Nightmare map.

RDR2 would be my pick, still. Overwatch just wasn't my bag, even though I can appreciate a finely-tuned class shooter. RDR2's "simulation"-ishness is actually why i enjoy it most. Kind of feels like Fable, walking into a town where you could interact with anyone in one of 400 different ways. Now obviously that's a bit of an illusion, but RDR2 puts up a more convincing illusion than other games of its type (at least the ones I've played). The sheer amount of unique dialogue and unique animations / NPC behaviors simply astounds me, and it all mostly fits together into a functioning game. The strict main missions aren't ideal. I would prefer if R* gave players the freedom to leverage the map's openness to solve tasks. However, the world they've built outside of the missions is itself worth the price of admission.

hyperbertha

A boring movie vs a fun videogame.

Not a comparison. I have about 500 hours in Overwatch. Best multiplayer game of this gen.

Too bad NeoGaf hates multiplayer games.
maybe a few years ago. They messed it up with new characters, and good games rely far too much on competent players communicating well. 80 percent of the matches I've played were jokes.

royox

OW defined a genre this gen.
RDR2 is just...a good open world of this gen out of the 10000 that were released.

Woggleman

I was expecting Overwatch to trounce RDR2. I am shocked at these results with the way gaming forums talk about Red Dead. Anyway my pick is once again RDR2.

JimiNutz

Banned
Overwatch was a lot more fun to play for me personally. I dunno what state the online community is for the game currently but I got a solid 18 months of play out of the game in its early years.

I appreciate the work that went into RDR2 and it's certainly a product that is well made, I just don't really find it fun to play. I was bored of the game after just a few hours and never went back to it.

OW’s peak - before character additions and rebalancing started to obliterate any semblance of competitive skill - was one of the most unique shooter experiences I’ve ever played.

RDR2 is superb in every respect except gameplay. It’s a better simulation than video game, personally.

MiguelItUp

These matches are pretty bizarre. Very happy to see RDR2 in the lead though, I was concerned thinking people would legitimately give it to OW, lmao.

I have plenty of hours in OW. I never played any of the RDR games. I'm giving my vote to RDR even thou they're completely different games.

HE1NZ

Banned
maybe a few years ago. They messed it up with new characters, and good games rely far too much on competent players communicating well. 80 percent of the matches I've played were jokes.
I don't like most of the new characters so I just don't play them. But the game is still healthy, especially since they revered open queue back.

Wunray

I see people in here complaining about the match up, you guys have to realize some game has to go up against these juggernauts at some point and these polls aren't for comparing games they are to decide at some point what gaf deems as GOTG.

Kayoba

I used to love Overwatch, but I think it's pretty meh now.

Red Dead Redemption II on the other hand is what I would consider to be one of the best games of this generation, so my vote goes to Arthur and his gang.

Top Bottom