• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Redemption heading to Xbox One Backward Compatibility this Friday

Kssio_Aug

I will most certainly get it. Almost bought on PS3 past gen, but got it borrowed and gave it back just after finishing it. I feel like getting it again to fully explore the game.

It's pretty cheap on sale right now. Not sure if I can resist! It was such a great game!

So I'll assume I'm the only person on earth who hates the game

379ch.gif

Why do you hate it?

bede-x

Being able to revisit arguably the best game of last generation on a new console (when it's not available elsewhere) with a better controller and new features (screenshots, game clips, suspend/resume, not having to leave party chat) and no new added costs?

Yep, backwards compatibility is awesome. Also doesn't hurt that it's on sale the day they announce it's coming to XO. Job well done.

And bought! :)

Guess I should buy this game to see what all the hype is about.

Then again I despite the GTA games, so hopefully it's nothing like GTA

I'm trying to purchase through their website and I cannot switch my payment option to xbox credit.

Yeah, I tried to do that with Black Ops when it came out and their customer service said the xbox credit couldn't be used with 360 games. I can't remember why, but I just remember I wasn't able to use my credit money which is really dumb.

I used to own a hard copy, not anymore. I might have to spend those 8 dollars on it soon then.

Wonder if it will look or perform any better. Didn't some BC games like Gears 3 look significantly sharper?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I hate to say this, but I am upset about this.

Why?

Because to me this likely means that a remastered RDR is unlikely. One title that I wanted above all else.
This game is a true masterpiece and deserved to be preserved in full 1080p glory with a solid 60 fps. There is no PC version meaning the only look we get for this game is the sub-HD 30 fps experience.

The Argus

Why?

Because to me this likely means that a remastered RDR is unlikely. One title that I wanted above all else.
This game is a true masterpiece and deserved to be preserved in full 1080p glory with a solid 60 fps. There is no PC version meaning the only look we get for this game is the sub-HD 30 fps experience.

Only the PS3 version was sub-HD. I would love a remaster, but I think that ship has sailed. Rather them work on 3.

Wonder if the DLC will work as well?

Looks that way.

It does.

sorry, i meant console. already own the game.

e: i really hope someone makes a RTTP thread for a summer playthrough!

I actually thought that was what you meant, but still answered in case you typoed! My bad! As for a new 360, if you must buy new, I would say the 360 E because it's hard to find new systems of the lower tier. I would suggest a used/refurbished Slim because it'll be a good amount cheaper and the Slim is also very reliable.

I have $10 in my account from that Fallout 4 mess. It's still trying to charge my debit card the full $10.49. How do I use the $10 and just have the .49 charged to my card?

Nzyme32

Why?

I think the opposite. It's great that people get to use what they already own. Why wouldn't it be? That also doesn't preclude a remaster. As was shown with GTA V, people are more than happy to do so even when they own the original and it isn't too far past the initial release. Rockstar will do it imo

SummitAve

Banned
I wish I could play this on my ps4 or PC :/ interesting how BC has become a priority this gen and did not start out as one.

ShogunX

I don't hate it, but I don't think it's anywhere as good as GAF claims either. It just seems like a by the numbers GTA clone with fresh paint.

I rarely hype games up much compared to others on GAF but RDR is one of the best games of all fucking time. The story alone makes it worth a play through even if you aren't a fan of open world games.

shandy706

I don't hate it, but I don't think it's anywhere as good as GAF claims either. It just seems like a by the numbers GTA clone with fresh paint.

Nope, completely disagree.

GTA wishes it was as interesting, and I like GTA.

It answered my dream of a great open world western.

I take it its like GTA then. Dammit

Do you like the idea of a story driven, open world, western?

That's what matters.

Motherfuckers knew I meant business when I done bought the shit out of this game last night. Bought it so HUARD

Only played the PS3 version too, so I'm hoping the visual and performance advantages the 360 version has are as notable as has been said.

I actually thought that was what you meant, but still answered in case you typoed! My bad! As for a new 360, if you must buy new, I would say the 360 E because it's hard to find new systems of the lower tier. I would suggest a used/refurbished Slim because it'll be a good amount cheaper and the Slim is also very reliable.

thanks for the tip... it looks like I can find them cheaper than expect

ugh I can't believe I'm regretting selling my one because of a single game that released half a decade ago... is it stupid to buy a 360 for one single game? probably

Yeah it's pretty much the same. Except no cars, no radios, a huge desert environment, a dead-eye slow motion mechanic, a big emphasis on hunting and skinning, really well written random events, incredibly fun and engrossing mini-games that add to the game rather than distract from it, an ending that is unlike any ending RockStar has ever done and a massive Zombie DLC that changes the game to a campy horror game. But other than those minor differences, they're all pretty much the same.

Top Bottom