• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dead Reremption is now backwards compatible on Xbox One

I hope it releases soon. I never got beyond Mexico, so I want to play it all the way through this time.

As for the sequel name, I'll be surprised if it isn't named Red Dead Redemption 2. Too much brand value.

I hope it releases soon. I never got beyond Mexico, so I want to play it all the way through this time.

As for the sequel name, I'll be surprised if it isn't named Red Dead Redemption 2. Too much brand value.

Especially since RDR was a much different game than its predecessor.

ryan299

I never finished this game. Every time I go back to it, I get bored within a few hours. No idea why. I'll try it again when they unlock the disc version.

newsguy

I never pushed through after Mexico, but I saw a friend beat it. I did, however, love undead nightmare. Greatest zombie simulator ever.

Xbox site on Twitter talked to Support and it sounds like there aren't going to be bans handed out over people playing a game they already owned:
https://twitter.com/XboxMAD/status/696372175276605440

jtq9Zv6.jpg

GeoramA

Mexico chapter really killed my interest. So long and so boring. I still finished the game, but felt like a chore after that.

People are excited about being allowed to play a game they already own.
It's not even just limited to stuff you already own as you can see so many deciding to buy because of BC confirmations as well as just being able to play those games that you didn't last time around, too.

Digital ownership really began in earnest with last gen consoles, so BC honoring past purchases is a very important topic going this gen and going forward. As well, many if not most people sell, trade in, or give away old gen platforms if they aren't packed away in storage and not hooked up to their displays, so having digital stuff you bought come back to you on current platforms is more important than it ever has been.

Xbox site on Twitter talked to Support and it sounds like there aren't going to be bans handed out over people playing a game they already owned
Why did anyone seriously entertain the possibility when it seems that no one has been before?

bengraven

Because the PS3 version is a bit poopy.

This.

I played RDR on Xbox360 two times through, then later the PS3 version to 100% completion. I can guarantee you that the PS3 version is weaker.

There's a weird pause bug when opening containers - Marston just stands there with the camera above his shoulder, until usually pressing Circle forces him to move. Also another pause bug during poker occasionally. I also think the graphics are not as good - in the rain it seems more noticeable.

But the biggest pain is the animal spawning bug. There are several areas where animals constantly spawn and it seems like skinning them may cause them to spawn. Where you exit the Tall Trees area on the way to Beecher's Hope and just south of Fort Mercer where the mountain lion spawns at a cross road ore just two of those areas. There are a couple more bear areas.

I've been trapped in bear spawn hell where I can't leave because they keep spawning two at a time while I'm skinning one. I can stand in one place and look around me and see the dead bodies and nothing else. I get into the skinning animation and you can fucking see them pop up in the background and kill your horse during the third stab.

Really sucks because after my fourth RROD I threw my 360 away and gave RDR:GOTY away to a friend and bought a PS3 with that version of GOTY edition and now I wish I had the Xbox again.

SpokkX

Mexico chapter really killed my interest. So long and so boring. I still finished the game, but felt like a chore after that.

My memory of this game also

Its good but no way lives up to its potential

The story is just plain bad and mission design i really repetative

Tried it on bc now and seem to run a bit worse

bengraven

I think Mexico's fault is that it's just flat and long. It's as LONG as the other two areas combined. But it's narrow.

I think there also are not a lot of dynamic missions there compared to the other areas.

The story is weaker there. It has it's own plot that is almost separate from the other areas with the revolution but it's not a great story. It feels like a third party developed for a lesser platform (much like how the missions in the PSP GTA games felt compared to their "big brother" counterparts). Go here and kill this person for la revolution. Go here and get this for the military. Haha, Reyes likes to fuck and Allende is homosexual.

Mexico should be in because it's a part of the classical Western experience, but it shouldn't be this boring.

People are excited about being allowed to play a game they already own.

XBox 360's aren't the most durable of consoles. Mine is on death's door, and it takes a good half minute for it to boot up the dashboard when I switch it on. My 360 controller's battery is also shot to hell; the second I remove the charge cable it's unusable.

The sooner all the 360 games I own are playable on XB1, the sooner my 360 is retired permanently.

There's just something about rockstar games where the middle just really seems to drag... or be completely unnecessary. Michaels Hollywood sojourn in GTA5 is another example of this.

Jumeira

Banned
This is major news, I'll await for the disk to be unlocked, thank God for cloud saves. I should be able to pick up from where I left off, all through my XB1 . Amazing piece of kit, this news has made my day.

etta

my hard graphic balls
It's not even just limited to stuff you already own as you can see so many deciding to buy because of BC confirmations as well as just being able to play those games that you didn't last time around, too.

Digital ownership really began in earnest with last gen consoles, so BC honoring past purchases is a very important topic going this gen and going forward. As well, many if not most people sell, trade in, or give away old gen platforms if they aren't packed away in storage and not hooked up to their displays, so having digital stuff you bought come back to you on current platforms is more important than it ever has been.
Mhm-hmmmm.

oatmeal

Banned
Felt a little stuttery, but it still looks great. A simple resolution hike and frame rate fix would be all it needs.

It's the GOTY edition that works, too. Dope.

I started a new play through not too long ago and I guess I didn't do a cloud save but that's okay, I'm fine with starting over.

Kadin

Party is over for now guys.
That update blocked it.

You can't play it offline.
I tried putting my console in offline mode and I got a message saying I needed to be online when I tried to play RDR.
I just now went offline and I'm playing with no issues.

Xbox One owners are lucky, This game is a true classic.

Considering how RDR looked on last gen consoles, can you guys even imagine how amazing the sequel will be on current gen? I am beyond hyped.

Top Bottom