• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Dwarf |OT| So what is it?

RavageX

Amazing show, and incredibly funny. But I always find the last couple seasons/movies are a little depressing seeing the cast get so much older, but still go nowhere in life. I'd love for there to be one last movie giving them a final happy ending, and not just seeing the boys from the dwarf losers forever.
This is kinda how i felt. Binged watched it a long while back and was amazed to see it pop up again.

But it didnt seem as good.

I would be fine with them just continuing to do their thing in space IF they are content with it (the characters i mean).

Laptop1991

I love Red Dwarf, my favourite comedy show ever, i watched the very first series back in the late eighties and every episode since, and own them all i hope we get some new ones soon, it's hilarious.

Krathoon

Ha Ha. Someone necroed the Red Dwarf thread. Apparently, there is going to be a prequel in some shape or form.

They need to squeeze out a final season.

Last edited:

Krathoon

I lost my season 12 of Red Dwarf. I bought it again. I did have some problems with the old dvds not playing.

I may need to dip them in boiling water.

violence

I remember buying the season one (six episodes) DVD for 25 bucks. They were stupidly expensive back then.

Last edited:

YCoCg

Apparently, there is going to be a prequel in some shape or form.
Please no, the lore has been messed up so much since Rob Grant left, Doug Naylor just kept retconning things worse.

I kind of wonder the the special with the cat people was the final episode.
Like this, where the reveal was that Cat was never cool and everyone hated him.

I wouldn't want them to go back into the past and ruin that stuff too, plus I don't see how you can go back to before that late 80s/early 90s set charm the first two seasons had.

Krathoon

Yeah. The Promised Land special could really serve as the final episode.

Still, I would like one more season.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Loved it in the 90s but never came back for the later seasons. Should I?
If you can get passed the cringe of a guy in his 50s or 60s doing the same smeghead jokes then I would say it's worth a try at least.

YCoCg

Loved it in the 90s but never came back for the later seasons. Should I?
Depends where in the 90s you dropped off, if you watched Season 7 and 8 then the new seasons are like that but with lower budget and older cast, if you dropped of pre Season 6 then you'll have a harsh Simpsons like drop off in quality to get used to. But it's still good at times.

Krathoon

The later seasons have a little more edge to them since they are old.

You realize that they are never going to make it back to Earth.

Also, according to the novels, you really don't want to go back to Earth.

Top Bottom