• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Steel 2 in Nintendo Power (Red Dead Steel)

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
Saint Gregory said:
Hmm... gun in the left hand and sword in the right. What are the chances we'll be weilding both at the same time? Is the nunchuck accurate enough for that?

Duel handed Wiimotes would be awesome. On the other hand, how the hell would you move?

Sadist

Totobeni said:
oh really there was one on PSone ? ...

* google*

oh hell
Rising_Zan.jpg

risingzan_screen005.jpg

risingzan_screen006.jpg

now after seeing that , same thing with first person with wiimote ...RS2 can do something interesting, they need to fix the engine tho .

Hmmm....

Vinci

Danish
Saint Gregory said:
Hmm... gun in the left hand and sword in the right. What are the chances we'll be weilding both at the same time? Is the nunchuck accurate enough for that?

I could think of a way to do it. Hold down the C button to turn the analog stick from movement to aiming with the gun, and the Wiimote could be dedicated to the sword alone.

Grecco

Totobeni said:
oh really there was one on PSone ? ...

now after seeing that , same thing with first person with wiimote ...RS2 can do something interesting, they need to fix the engine tho .

game was awesome. So im optimistic about RS2

No fucking way!...I'm actually excited for this now just based on the premise, even if I will miss the hilarious racism from the first game.

Vilix said:
Duel handed Wiimotes would be awesome. On the other hand, how the hell would you move?
They could
don't kill me
make it a rail shooter.
Vinci said:
I could think of a way to do it. Hold down the C button to turn the analog stick from movement to aiming with the gun, and the Wiimote could be dedicated to the sword alone.
Or do this. Considering some of the complaints from the first game I think a lot of people would prefer analog stick aiming.

sullytao

One of the few that dug the first one and I'm excited at the possible direction the artwork alludes to. If they give us 1 on 1 sword fights online I would be psyched. :D

billy.sea

Banned
I almost thought we have a new Skies of Arcadia game when they talked about that 'Nostalgia' game.

I never play the first game because the bad word of mouth, but I have hope for this game. Ubisoft wouldn't mess it up this time seeing how well the first game sold. People gave it a chance because it was one of the two main titles along with Wii Sports back at Wii launch. If they mess this up again then it means one less franchise for them.

BTW, Nintendo Power is on a row these days with their exclusive revealing.

pakkit

Banned
Stormbringer said:
Wow, that's unexpectedly cool looking. Now for the details.
Yup.

I'm hyped though. If Ubisoft didn't care about this game, they wouldn't have ripped the game away from the original dev team.

Also, I'd like to add that Future's Nintendo Power is so much better than Nintendo's Nintendo Power.

Vinci said:

ok, so you want to limit the best part of Wii FPS games by having you aim with the analog stick? why do you want this again.

Just do it like Gundam 0079 for the Wii. Hold A and when close enough to the enemy, it has full sword fighting controls, when you pull back it's back to normal fps stuff.

Trying to shoot and slice at the same time would be usless anyway unless they let you use the sword to block enemy fire as you shot at the same time

Linkzg said:
ok, so you want to limit the best part of Wii FPS games by having you aim with the analog stick? why do you want this again.

Just do it like Gundam 0079 for the Wii. Hold A and when close enough to the enemy, it has full sword fighting controls, when you pull back it's back to normal fps stuff.
I'd prefer it like that.

Saint Gregory said:
Considering some of the complaints from the first game I think a lot of people would prefer analog stick aiming.

Heck no. Take away pointer aiming and you remove the best reason to have it on the Wii. Or at least half the reason, if Motion Plus turns out to work perfectly.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Oh, wow.

I was never interested in Red Steel, even before the first bad impressions, but this kind of artwork gets me somewhat interested. It isn't any indication of the game's quality, but it sure shows that they gave this sequel's art direction some serious thought.

I'm not a fan of westerns, but this guy doesn't seem to fuck around. Hope it bodes well for the game itself!

:D

Raide

ShockingAlberto said:
Since Red Steel released, IR aiming has become so close to being exactly what it should be.

I'd be shocked if it played the same as RS1.

Motion+ should sort all that out. :D

Hey don't interpret what I said to be some sort of pointer hate. I love my pointer shooters but I'd be willing to give it up if there's no other workable way to do dual-weilding - Although I think a few workable solutions have already been posted.

I'm trying to remeber the last time a single piece of artwork caused such a turn-around in enthusiasm for a game... and I mean that in a good way :D

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Wait... this looks awesome just from this concept art.

I'm really excited to see what the game looks like now. Seems like they're trying something new. Red Steel wasn't really a good game, but I admit that I did enjoy it. Particularly the crazy fun house parts. :lol

Struct09

Pleasantly surprised by the new direction, and happy to hear about WM+. I really didn't like the first game, but I'm really hoping this one turns out.

Vinci

Danish
Linkzg said:

Trying to shoot and slice at the same time would be usless anyway unless they let you use the sword to block enemy fire as you shot at the same time

I was trying to think of a way to do both at once. Splitting up the actions, as you suggested, makes more sense but it also removes the cool notion of the gun and sword combination as shown in the pic.

Vilix said:

Two more motion+ wiimotes that you strap to your ankles. And another one that you wear strapped to your head (omg teh helmet) for aiming. simple!

I'll also accept the use of the wiifit board for movement. You move like you're controlling a segway.

Wow someone needs to draw that.

KevinCow

Banned
Wait. What?

Huh.

If they're doing what it looks like they're doing, I wonder why they didn't just go with an original game instead of a sequel to Red Steel, so they wouldn't have to work against the overwhelmingly negative public mindset of the first game.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I don't need to hold two wiimotes. Just give me a button to switch between gun and sword. Make the switch fast and fluid and throw in a free hit to allow for combos.

(snap this game would be awesome with a hit counter)

Top Bottom