• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Steel new screens !!

StephaneC said:
good graphic + Wii controler = love

Im hyped for the wii to for its niche games but i dont consider standard def "good graphics" anymore.....personally. Though im sure im still gonna have a blast with some wii sports..that should be fun

BrandNew said:
Metroid Prime 3 is basically everything that Red Steel wants to be, sans the sword techniques (but there is probably some sort of ability in the game using the grapple beam). Metroid Prime 3 is the ONLY FPS to get excited about at this point in time for the Wii.

Wait, I thought the Metroid Prime games were FPA ?

TheKingsCrown said:
From a business perspective and from the perspective of several third parties, Nintendo has had a revolution of very intelligent business moves coupled with an E3 2006 that completely changed the industry in approximately 3 days. Whether or not that benefits GAFers is another question, but I think the industry is moving towards very positive change and strangely, as a result of many factors and strange changes, it appears the company that launched it will be a very significant part of this movement.

Huh? Your either one loyal Nintendo fan or work for nintendo for saying sucht things. How can you say Nintendo has completely changed the industry in approximately 3 days? Thats crazy dude lol... we dont even know if the wii is gonna be a huge hit yet..it could easily go either way man, seriously think about what your saying lol

From a non bias standpoint.. i feel they made more bad decsions with wii then good decsions

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
citrus lump said:
Wait, I thought the Metroid Prime games were FPA ?

They never were, regardless of popular opinion. It just so happens that this time around, the developers said that this one was a FPS. Not that it matters.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
TheKingsCrown said:
From a business perspective and from the perspective of several third parties, Nintendo has had a revolution of very intelligent business moves coupled with an E3 2006 that completely changed the industry in approximately 3 days. Whether or not that benefits GAFers is another question, but I think the industry is moving towards very positive change and strangely, as a result of many factors and strange changes, it appears the company that launched it will be a very significant part of this movement.

Mr.Potato Head said:
Im hyped for the wii to for its niche games but i dont consider standard def "good graphics" anymore.....personally. Though im sure im still gonna have a blast with some wii sports..that should be fun
High resolution != good graphics. There are a lot of elements at work.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'm gonna hold the controller upside down. :) Lets see if Ubisoft is prepared for my rouge gun shooting styles.

Amir0x

Banned
Kangu said:
Mostly I'm just trolling, but my point is pretty clear: Ntards like the ones I've quoted thourghout this thread think the Wii hardware is somehow the key to good gameplay, that's simply not the case.

It's obvious to everyone you've been trolling way too much, but thanks for admitting it. Makes life easier. A little vacation for you will do some good!

TheKingsCrown said:

Nothing has changed yet, nothing will change until all the systems either sell or don't sell. From an "industry" perspective, developers are still putting their biggest games on 360 or PS3, and Wii's list of "partial" development support was painfully limited. Like you said... if the industry truly changed, we'd know it by the type of support the thing gets at TGS and further E3 2007 and how the systems all sell.

But that aside, I wasn't talking on an industry perspective... that's why I said it depends on your perspective. As a gamer, I'm very unhappy with Nintendo's moves - be it from the power of the system, the wiimote, the type of focus they have on games, the content they have been pimping recently, to the non-games, to the general overall low quality from the company who used to be my favorite - and that's the perspective I'm speaking of. Other gamers might think this fits their needs, but that's why it just depends on your perspective. For me, I've never been unhappier with Nintendo.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Amir0x said:
But that aside, I wasn't talking on an industry perspective... that's why I said it depends on your perspective. As a gamer, I'm very unhappy with Nintendo's moves - be it from the power of the system, the wiimote, the type of focus they have on games, the content they have been pimping recently, to the non-games, to the general overall low quality from the company who used to be my favorite - and that's the perspective I'm speaking of. Other gamers might think this fits their needs, but that's why it just depends on your perspective. For me, I've never been unhappier with Nintendo.

As a former hardcore gamer, I absolutely see your point. Some of the stuff I've seen leaves me scratching my head. Whether its pursuing mediocre graphics (OMG isn't that why they lost the FF, DQ, MGS series??), or funky control, I'm not always convinced.

However, note that I use the word former hardcore gamer. You see, I got married a couple years ago, and I am just about to graduate in the fall...so I don't have nearly as much time to play my Final Fantasies and Dragon Quests (although FFX and DQ8 did get about 85+ apiece) and still get the games in between. Sure, I get the big ones, the Zeldas and Metroids, and a couple others.

I'll get to the point: I'm a little disappointed that Nintendo isn't pursuing better hardware, but not more than I'm disappointed about Sony's price. I personally couldn't be more excited to try a new controller, but I'm also really going to miss the DualShock.

I couldn't be more excited with the direction Nintendo is going, and couldn't be more worried about where Sony is going. I've owned every Nintendo console and every Sony console so far...but I bought them all before I got married. No ****in way my wife will let me drop 600+ for PS3. If I get it, and I will if Final Fantasy XIII is on it, I will have to wait until the price drops.

Amir0x

Banned
exactly, it's all perspective. for you it suits your needs at the moment. For me, it's the worst it's ever been.

And believe me, my alternative isn't PS3... atm, I'm more satisified with what 360 has done. PS3 has more games I want than 360 (and especially Wii) - but the price, coupled with all the unknowns about its online service, and the little things like rumble, dual SKUs, arrogance - put it beneath it.

It's in this sense I'm getting a Wii at launch, because it'll be cheap... i'm not exactly losing much even if it's as disappointing as I currently feel about it.

Jokeropia

Draft said:
Because it's polite to let the system bomb before you start with the I told you sos.
So the people who fell in love with the system during E3 only pretended to in order to be polite?

yoopoo

Banned
red-steel-20060710045223244.jpg

red-steel-20060710045226775.jpg

red-steel-20060710045225025.jpg

red-steel-20060710045230353.jpg

El new?

Amir0x

Banned
yoopoo said:
Dude...I think its about time you start using some new material.

Dude... you didn't point out anything clever. Unlike certain people, it's not "material"... I feel precisely the way I post. Sorry if it offends you! Instead, I say get the **** over it!

yoopoo

Banned
Amir0x said:
Dude... you didn't point out anything clever. Unlike people, it's not "material"... I feel precisely the way I post. Sorry if it offends you! Instead, I say get the **** over it!
Dude...what does pointing out something clever has anything to do with your spinning of the broken record?

Amir0x

Banned
yoopoo said:
Dude...what does pointing out something clever has anything to do with your spinning of the broken record?

The broken record spins from all angles - just as people say the same thing over and over about X, Y and Z positive aspect, I will continue to say the same thing over and over again about something I find negative. Sorry it offends you. Guess poor yoopoo is gonna have to find a new hobby.

i suggest he consider videogames as a hobby, he might find he can enjoy them without lateral controller changes or furtive waggling appended to sub-xbox hardware

yoopoo

Banned
Amir0x said:
The broken record spins from all angles - just as people say the same thing over and over about X, Y and Z positive aspect, I will continue to say the same thing over and over again about something I find negative. Sorry it offends you. Guess poor yoopoo is gonna have to find a new hobbie.
But you spin the broken record from exactly the same angle. Sorry bud...but I don't get offended or upset over videogames, not a Sony fan weenie.

Not sure what hobbie you're talking about, hobbie of posting on this forum you mean?

Amir0x

Banned
yoopoo said:
But you spin the broken record from exactly the same angle. Sorry bud...but I don't get offended or upset over videogames, not a Sony fan weenie.

Exactly, because the story hasn't changed. If the story changed and something improved, I wouldn't have need to keep spinning the same record. So just like everyone spins exactly the same record at exactly the same angle for when they find something positive, the same applies for when I find something negative.

yoopoo said:
hobbie of post on this forum you mean?

BINGO.

Amir0x

Banned
yoopoo said:
Well carry on with the years of same spinning then.

Well you should complain more then, everyone always spins exactly the same record whether positive or negative!

Anyway, back on topic, all I said is that next-gen is here on Wii. Those are an improvement over earlier images, no?

yoopoo

Banned
Amir0x said:
Well you should complain more then, everyone always spins exactly the same record whether positive or negative!
I should really do that. I mean check the motorstorm thread, people keep saying it looks good. Head spinnig, spinning there.

wsippel

Banned
I actually like that style - it's not photorealistic, obviously, but also not cell-shaded. Still, it has a slightly "drawn" look. Not because the images are scans, I mean the "cardboard cutout" look. So no, it doesn't look realistic, because it isn't intended to look realistic. But I doubt that's due to technical limitations, just a very valid artistic choice. The lighting and the reflections (last shot) are also quite nice.

Also, some of the screenshots show a some very nice effects that are not even standard for some next-gen games. Like soft shadows for example.

Ashodin

Just looks like someone took a near 360 view of the place and merged images.

Love the detail though, it still rocks when blown up, as said before.

KINGMOKU

Its startling to see the screen with the uzi spray. Some games, like this one look pretty damn nice, while others look like garbage(TonyHawk).

It would seem to me that unlike any other system I can think of, we'll be getting games that look awesome, and games that look like complete ass. Has any system had games(I KNOW ITS EARLY but sheesh) that look so good, and some that look almost 2 generations ago?

Top Bottom