• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Storm's (The Division) first VR title leaked - Star Trek: Bridge Crew

Cromwell

Banned
Those character models...

embarassed-for-u.gif

I've been playing a bunch of Artemis with my family lately so this sounds sick.

multiplayer game = no buy. Just give us an updated Bridge Commander

I'd rather have this tbh, it's really cool getting into your role and communicating with the people playing with you in these types of games

I am sure the majority of games played with ransoms is going to be terrible because they we'll talk shit and some may have music playing and the usual crap you find online. But if you get a group that will role play, address the captain as captain, generally act like a star fleet office then it will be awesome.

No, not at all. Those kinds of people don't play these kinds of games. Not sure why you'd even think that. It's like expecting to run into the CoD crowd when you boot up a multiplayer Flight Sim.

Like going to a quarry and expecting to find children playing in it.

Zomba13

Eh, if it's VR I can understand some of the visuals being a bit rough. You need that silky smooth high framerate so as not to get motion sick and if it's also going to PSVR then yeah, you're gonna need to look like that for it to run as it should.

Karak

For VR that actually looks good. But only those who know what they are actually talking about would understand that.

Bluth54

I am sure the majority of games played with ransoms is going to be terrible because they we'll talk shit and some may have music playing and the usual crap you find online. But if you get a group that will role play, address the captain as captain, generally act like a star fleet office then it will be awesome.
Yeah a game like this with a group of friends could be incredibly fun.

Juraash

Yeah, the idea of being on the bridge in VR in a single-player Star Trek game sounds amazing.

Exactly, I feel like VR is the perfect way to flesh out a Trek game, especially in some of the aspects that make Star Trek so great. Some of the best episodes of the shows (and films) have very little ship to ship conflict. I think the immersion of VR would allow devs to really explore non-combat scenarios and make them more engaging.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That looks incredibly rough. Like, 2007 graphics. Ouch.

To be fair, it's presumably multiplatform and 90fps is a certification requirement for PSVR titles. But, yeah, opting for a stylised aesthetic as opposed to approximated, early last-genesque realism would have been the better idea.

Helznicht

9b9e29f736375c8984bfed4c8de81f7a6f48921c861e5268bc72a677012c6a51.jpg

I don't get the hate on the graphics/models though. If the animation is on point, this would look glorious in a VR headset.

Top Bottom