• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RedLetterMedia |OT| Is This OT Replacing the Other OT?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Fun episode. Rich making the distraction to get a different movie was great. Dungeon Master looks like dumb fun. I'd never go anywhere near The Suckling.

Valonquar

They were real brave reviewing The Suckling at all. I'm sure there's a lot of woke folks that would interpret their unconformable laughter as something else.

Futaleufu

They were real brave reviewing The Suckling at all. I'm sure there's a lot of woke folks that would interpret their unconformable laughter as something else.

Jack was doing a great job making sure to everyone watching that he wasn't enjoying the movie at all.

I laughed for a minute after watching the climax scene, totally unexpected.

I remember enjoying Dungeon Master 100 years ago as a fun shit movie on netflix, so was happy it amused them as well.

I was with Jay on that one as well. They kept coming up with ways to improve the movie and turn it into standard fare but all the weird story choices and stupid stuff are what make it stand out. Like how many 80s movies have an in-shape athletic nerd. You end up remembering odd stuff like that.

The Suckling seemed like one of those movies that's mostly boring. Luckily this show exists to show all the good stuff. Kind weird they have to make a big deal about the content in something that's such low grade junk but I guess that's where we are these days.

They probably would have been better off watching Ice Cream Man than that space movie...maybe. =P

Ice Cream Man is indeed a very boring and mediocre movie. But it has its moments, like when Ron Howard serves a cop an ice cream cone topped with an eyeball which the officer gleefully bites into, but it's clearly some kind of inedible prop so he awkwardly chews it for like 10 seconds. That's actually the only thing I remember, now that I think about it lol

Dungeonmaster looks like a fun watch, I'll have to give it a go sometime.

I agree with Mike on Promising Young Woman. Very hard to watch in the beginning because its riding that morality line pretty hard, but is ultimately a very good film. I'm glad they didn't sugarcoat the subject matter (even if I don't necessarily agree with the mentality surrounding 'victim blaming' and such) and make the main character an outright stereotypical 'hero'.

As for Psycho Goreman, I thought it was a very fun film but yes the little girl's acting was grating at times. Also, I can't believe I didn't notice Rich Evans was in the movie until they pointed it out in this video lol. Even the obvious "oh my goddd" didn't register with me when I watched it last week smh

Edit: I watched half of Synchronic. Interesting concept but it completely lost me once he loses his dog and gives up on it. Forget your friend's druggie daughter, get your goddamn dog back lmao

Last edited:
I feel like that botw would have been better if they had one person who hadn't already seen the movie. Need someone to add that "wtf is this!?" factor.

Last edited:
That hint at the end of the Blood Shack video... I hope it means what I think it means! But I also hope they reupload the Diamond Fox video before then.

What are you thinking? Spotify?
The director of Diamond Fox has made quite a few films, so I'm hoping they are hinting that they're going to do more videos for her films. To clarify, the hint is when Rich says "uppity up", because those were the lyrics to that horrible song that earned the Diamond Fox video a copyright claim.

Edit: Came across this fanmade animation that I thought was neat but don't feel like double posting so here ya go

Last edited:
I guess I'm double-posting after all. New HiTB:

I saw the Banana Splits movie like a year ago I think. Already wrote about it in another thread:
It was ok at best. Very low budget and it shows. Decent kills though. The scene where the robot sets the dude on fire and dances the whole way through really cracked me up
I guess after Willy's Wonderland, it recontextualized just how good it was for them lol

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
I guess I'm double-posting after all. New HiTB:

I saw the Banana Splits movie like a year ago I think. Already wrote about it in another thread:

I guess after Willy's Wonderland, it recontextualized just how good it was for them lol

Nice. I hate that this community has slowed down so much. Why haven't we gotten five nights at freddys film?

Nice. I hate that this community has slowed down so much. Why haven't we gotten five nights at freddys film?
You just reminded me that they actually signed a deal for a Five Nights movie years ago. Seems like it's still in development, and set for filming this year. Look forward to an RLM video about it next year, maybe :p

Anyway, I just watched Willy's Wonderland at RLM's suggestion (lol), and yeah, I now understand why they were so high on the Bunny Splits movie lol. Willy's Wonderland was crap. Not even Nic Cage can save it, because he doesn't even speak in the fucking movie.

2/10
and it only gets those 2 points because of the occasional unintentional hilarity

Last edited:

Karma Jawa

You just reminded me that they actually signed a deal for a Five Nights movie years ago. Seems like it's still in development, and set for filming this year. Look forward to an RLM video about it next year, maybe :p

Anyway, I just watched Willy's Wonderland at RLM's suggestion (lol), and yeah, I now understand why they were so high on the Bunny Splits movie lol. Willy's Wonderland was crap. Not even Nic Cage can save it, because he doesn't even speak in the fucking movie.

2/10
and it only gets those 2 points because of the occasional unintentional hilarity

Ha, my comments on this movie in the Horror thread matched up pretty well.

Just an outright rip-off.

The Banana Splits movie troubles me. It used to scare the hell out of me when I was a kid, and that's when it wasn't even trying to be a horror.

On a separate note, it looks like Henry from my other favourite podcast The Last Podcast on the Left, is a RLM fan.

In recent weeks he's mentioned Breen, the cop training video, and Psycho Goreman.

Futaleufu

It seems most of the early episodes were made in the era that Youtube was trigger happy regarding DMCA and were reuploaded later

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
The first season of TNG is indeed pretty rough. The first season of a lot of shows are pretty rough though, aren't they? Is there any scfi show that nails it out of the gate? BSG I could argue.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
My vapid take on these guys, after about a year of watching, is that they are truly hilarious but seem to think too much about how their tastes will be perceived when reviewing movies. There's a weird "indie snobbery" at play. I don't really care though, they are funny as hell.

Futaleufu

My vapid take on these guys, after about a year of watching, is that they are truly hilarious but seem to think too much about how their tastes will be perceived when reviewing movies. There's a weird "indie snobbery" at play. I don't really care though, they are funny as hell.
You can see how they start acting uncomfortable when the movie they are watching isn't politically correct.

YodaBB

I'm hoping the boys do a highlight episode of The Astrologer (1976) which surfaced recently, truly a masterpiece of crazy.

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
About a third in the episode (smoke break) enjoying it a lot!!

Whatever jay

Edit: finished. That was a treat

Last edited:
s592

This movie looks amazing.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
That robowoman does look especially awful. She looks like she had some squirrels climb in her cheeks and nest. Holy fuck what an awful amount of plastic surgery.

I enjoyed Kong vs Godzilla too. It's silly but it's a good kind of silly. As Jay says like it was written by a child smashing his action figures together.

Lanrutcon

Event Horizon is a goddamn classic. You people are nuts.

Also: long distance travel via a portal to hell? I can name at least 2 other franchises from before Event Horizon with that story.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Event Horizon is alright. I'm sorta in line with Jay on this one but I can see Mikes's point of view too. It's not some misunderstood classic. It's a bit shit with some neat ideas and atmosphere. If I can get the blu ray cheap I'll pick it up but I'm in no rush.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Looking forward to it. I love best of the worst.
Honestly I've been starving for more of their content, for whatever reason.

Didn't care much for the Event Horizon ReView, and the last BotW was alright but brought down by Robowoman. Just a mood killer.

What I'd really like to see is Diamond Cobra vs. The White Fox come back after the Copyright takedown.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Honestly I've been starving for more of their content, for whatever reason.

Didn't care much for the Event Horizon ReView, and the last BotW was alright but brought down by Robowoman. Just a mood killer.

What I'd really like to see is Diamond Cobra vs. The White Fox come back after the Copyright takedown.
Yeah. Robowoman looked offensively bad. Not in any fun way either. I think the diamond cobra episode came back.

Top Bottom