• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie: Nintendo will have a big E3 this year.

godofrawr

Banned
No More Heroes "sequel" ( [?] or whatever that things is supposed to be) and SMT seem good fits then. Oh, and get Nagoshi on stage to hype up that maybe at some point in time his team might look at the Switch, or maybe not.

So 50-60mil Switch's in 3.5yrs then.
If only they could lock-in some timed exclusive DLC.

hzWr5Tm.gif

The 2013 January Wii U Direct was firesale Nintendo. Nintendo that's succeeding is going to stick to their usual schedule of titles releasing in the 6 months plus some outliers for earlier 2018.

Seik

Banned
Yeah, only Nintendo shows us substantial goods, like the totally non-bullshoted Zelda WiiU that's about to come out in 2014. Thank god they don't waste time with things like Suda51 promising us that he's going to start the development of a new game barely a few months from now.
While it's the right answer to what you quoted, you gotta admit that it was an awesome thing to witness! :D

Unless that Travis avatar is purely random. :p

Well, they found the 2015 presentation acceptable as well for their "big time" at E3, so what does that tell us?

You just never know with Nintendo. Seeing how Nintendo is spreading out releases for the system even in its first year, I'm a little cautious of what they'll announce at E3.

I think we'll see:
  1. A Smash port for Switch
  2. 2 - 4 smaller releases (Mario Party, Art Academy, Wario Ware, Mario Sports etc.)
  3. 1 - 2 fairly large releases (Kirby, Pikmin)
  4. Zelda DLC info
  5. Info on already announced games (Mario, Fire Emblem)
  6. Don't care about what they're doing for 3DS.

I'm personally hoping for revival of Advance Wars, Ouendan and more Rhythm Tengoku.

So 50-60mil Switch's in 3.5yrs then.
If only they could lock-in some timed exclusive DLC.

Right. Maybe the PS4 is market leader because of empty promises and exclusive DLC. Or because Sony can start a year like this, with most of these titles being announced one and a half years back or less. While Nintendo, since the WiiU era, needs a whole gen to scrape together a library which can compete with that.

While it's the right answer to what you quoted, you gotta admit that it was an awesome thing to witness! :D

Unless that Travis avatar is purely random. :p

Yes, for one second until it turned into its_fucking_nothing.gif, just like the other 3rd party Switch announcements that basically lead up to the promise of WiiU's spiritual successor, drought machine 2.0. Now we don't even know what NMH will be with Suda's weird indie talk.

I'm looking forward to version 2.0 of the Spieler Eins Nintendo-Hate Machine 5000. I've heard a launch is planned by E3 2017. The success of the Switch is going to make for some truly breathtaking upgrades in its software. Though I'm not sure how much more hyperbole can be added to its code.

Mediking

Make us Switch owners happy and shower us in love via games and features for the Switch. It's JUST that simple, Nintendo.

Seik

Banned
Yes, for one second until it turned into its_fucking_nothing.gif, just like the other 3rd party Switch announcements that basically lead up to the promise of WiiU's spiritual successor, drought machine 2.0. Now we don't even know what NMH will be with Suda's weird indie talk.

Yeah, I was disappointed as well that it was just a teaser.

Hopefully we'll get more concrete info at E3, as much for NMH as for 3rd parties.

It's hard for me to be excited for this E3 no matter the company because of Zelda BOTW, Andromeda, and

Persona 5.

Come next week I'll be dropping everything (except my responsibilities as a father, provider, and husband) for Persona 5. It'll be months spent on this one game.

There's a few games on the horizon for the Switch that's confirmed that also has my mind share. I guess I hope Nintendo hits a grand Slam for everyone else but they already have me invested.

Ok, i think this might happen

-Splatoon 2 free dlc
-New Arms character/stage
-Super Mario Odyssey trailer and gameplay
-Info about Zelda DLC
-FIFA
-NBA
-Indies
-Skyrim
-Sonic Forces
-Fire Emblem Heroes
-trailer for next year Fire Emblem on Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer

Since I thought it might be pertinent to this discussion, Reggie on Metroid and Mother 3 back at the Switch reveal:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-offers-metroid-mother-3-fans-a-glimmer-of/1100-6446941/

"Oh, so earlier today I got asked about Mother 3; maybe you can ask me about Metroid," he said jovially. "Look, again, I am proud as an executive with Nintendo to say that we look at all of the boards and all of the comments and we really have a good understanding of what our consumers want. And believe me, we take that to heart as we work to create content.

"So I have nothing to announce--here. But we are aware that there are some key IP that consumers just can't wait for the next true installment in that franchise's legacy. Suffice it to say, we're aware of it, and talk to me in a year and let's look back and see what's happened."

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Ok, i think this might happen

-Splatoon 2 free dlc
-New Arms character/stage
-Super Mario Odyssey trailer and gameplay
-Info about Zelda DLC
-FIFA
-NBA
-Indies
-Skyrim
-Sonic Forces
-Fire Emblem Heroes
-trailer for next year Fire Emblem on Switch
-Xenoblade Chronicles 2 trailer

So you're predicting stuff that was announced months ago to happen at e3? Sounds exciting!

DMONKUMA

If NIntendo releases SM Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Netflix, & Hulu this year I will be pleased as punch. Though I would be completely shocked if Xenoblade actually releases this year in the west. I have to have Odyssey this year or I will be really disappointed. I'm afraid I might end up disappointed.

Hilarion

If NIntendo releases SM Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Netflix, & Hulu this year I will be pleased as punch. Though I would be completely shocked if Xenoblade actually releases this year in the west. I have to have Odyssey this year or I will be really disappointed. I'm afraid I might end up disappointed.

Only one of those I'd be surprised didn't make 2017 is XC2, and even that I think will be released in 2017...in Japan. It might be summer 2018 or something in the West.

13ruce

Banned

Odyssey is this year don't worry and it will be good heck i had insane hype for Zelda BotW the most ever probably and the game delivered for sure.

Odyssey is under the hands of the Mario Galaxy producer we are in for a treat! There is near zero chance they will fk that one up:)

Nintendo has me fooled. I honestly believe they have sick cards up their sleeves that they are saving for E3. I imagine Reggie wishes he could talk about all the dope stuff he knows.

Looking forward to talking to you all in a couple months about how disappointed I am
*goes back to playing Zelda*

Servbot24

Banned
Woah, I just year a rumor that Spencer thinks MS is going to have a good E3 and that Shu thinks Sony is going to have a good E3. :O

RetroMG

I want to believe, but let's be honest, Reggie would say that even if they were only going to stream Wii Music 2 for eight straight hours.

Look at that video, its mostly new things about games we already knew about .

Amiibos in Smash, Yarn Yoshi gameplay, trailer on Zelda Wii U that they announced in a previous direct, new Bayonetta 2 trailer, new Pokemon Hoenn remakes trailers , new characters for Hyrule Warriors, new Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer.

New minor games were treasure tracker and kirby
Big game announcements were Mario Maker and Splatoon.

This E3 they will spend most of their time showing new things about games we already know about and hopefully 2 big announcements.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Look at that video, its mostly new things about games we already new about .

Amiibos in Smash, Yarn Yoshi gameplay, trailer on Zelda Wii U that they announced in a previous direct, new Bayonetta 2 trailer, new Pokemon Hoenn remakes trailers , new characters for Hyrule Warriors, new Xenoblade Chronicles X trailer.

New minor games were treasure tracker and kirby
Big game announcements were Mario Maker and Splatoon.

This E3 they will spend most of their time showing new things about games we already know about and hopefully 2 big announcements.

Zelda?

You had Zelda, Captain Toad, Splatoon, and Super Mario Maker. That was 4 new game announcements. Not sure how you shrug that off.

Bulbasaur

Banned
I'm expecting a ridiculous amount of reveals. They knew Zelda was all they needed to move sufficient units at launch, and so kept the majority of their cards close to their chests.

I'm also expecting a surprising amount of 3rd party announcements. The cursed era of wii u is over, friends, and I am super geeked.

Top Bottom