• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Reggie on BotW: "There still are elements that are traditional to a Zelda game."

BY2K

Membero Americo
http://www.eonline.com/news/773580/...onfirms-the-absolute-worst-item-in-mario-kart

"As [Eiji] Aonuma and the team were thinking about what to do next with Zelda, this thought of exploration, open air, the ability for you, if you want, to go try and take on the big bad boss right at the get go...it won't go so well, but you can!" Reggie tells us. "You have all of that freedom. That's what they wanted. … The game is a masterpiece."

The idea of a non-linear progression through the game is a departure from the series, but Reggie promises there will still be many old-school Zelda aspects to BotW.

"There still is puzzle solving. You still are questing to find better and better weapons, to beat tougher and tougher enemies out there," he says. "Over the next couple of months we'll share more and more about what's the same and what's different. There still are elements that are traditional to a Zelda game. We believe it's the best of both worlds."

And just because it's the actual title of the article.

"I hate getting inked," Reggie complains when we asked him what he thought was the absolute worst item to get hit with in Mario Kart.

Bonus:

Reggie prefers to play as Yoshi.

I mean I could've picked that up from looking at the people saying this new Zelda game is still "like the same Zelda and is nothing different."

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Eh, we don't really need a thread for this, it's not new info and we have enough BotW threads already.

Crayolan

Of course there is, the puzzle solving in the shrines looks very traditional Zelda, the combat, while it has additions, isn't too different from usual, and there are still dungeons as always.

So there's still hope for a shitty companion that will make you want to pierce your ears?

They made a big deal about there being no companion.

Eh, not really, too much information right now. I'm fine knowing the firestarter meme and that's it. Don't want to get spoiled.
If it's any consolation, they avoided story spoilers. All the videos are just gameplay of a very small section of the game. I think they said 1-2%.

he hates to get inked but he sure does love to get others inked.

dFjar.gif

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Yeah I love most of the changes made, but I do hope there are some traditional Zelda items. If only because we've seen so many cool interactions that I want to see what players could do with other weird weapons like the Grappling Hook or Dominion Rod and Boomerang.

Galafar

Neo Member
I really enjoy Zelda stories and characters so if I can get those but also have the freedom to do what I want then it really is the best of both worlds. This is looking to be the climax of the almost 20 year struggle to perfectly blend Zelda and 3D Zelda together as one and it's really damn exciting to see.

Dee Dee

Yeah I love most of the changes made, but I do hope there are some traditional Zelda items. If only because we've seen so many cool interactions that I want to see what players could do with other weird weapons like the Grappling Hook or Dominion Rod and Boomerang.

I was actually surprised to see how the implemented the fire rod, looks crazy:
JIiCB3N.gif

Mr-Joker

Banned
This pleases me as a lot of the new thing left me feeling meh.

Can music on the world map be one of them

This, I enjoy travelling through Hyrule listening to the music and only is it when the sunset do I get a real sense of of the pressure and isolation that Link has in saving Hyrule.

Plus I also hope that we get an option to turn off voice acting, not everyone wants it in their Zelda game.

KingBroly

Banned
I'd really like the Pegasus Boots to run really fast across the world to the point where Link's flailing carcus is all George Jetson 'Jane, stop this crazy thing.'

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I was actually surprised to see how the implemented the fire rod, looks crazy:
JIiCB3N.gif

Yeah that was super surprising. Kind of hope they found a way to implement the Dominion Rod. Was easily the most interesting and poorly utilized items in the series, alongside the Spinner from TP as well.

I just imagine using the DR to possess limbs on robotic enemies and using it to rip them off and take control of other robotic like enemies and make them the fight each other. Like imagine using one to take control of a Guardian's tental legs and disabling it or ripping it clear off one by like a crazy kid torturing a daddy long legs until it's just sitting there in the field disable trying to shoot you with it's laser eye.

I miss the chess/ animations hype. I hope that comes back in the original build. I'd rather have that than the slow mow countering.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I miss the chess/ animations hype. I hope that comes back in the original build. I'd rather have that than the slow mow countering.
Past Zelda games have a quick animation for small chests/prizes and the traditional animation for items and boss keys.

Mr-Joker

Banned
You still play as Link, not all of a sudden a new character which is female.

Is this going to be a thing in every Zelda thread? Because it's starting to get annoying now.

Past Zelda games have a quick animation for small chests/prizes and the traditional animation for items and boss keys.

Yep, plus we still haven't see main dungeons yet, which makes me wonder how they will be handled as I did not like Link Between World attempt at them.

Also really hoping that only 4 main dungeons rumour is fake.

Mediking

I know this isn't the thread for this but....... I would cry if the NX had this going for it as 1st party....

Zelda

Mario

Fire Emblem

F-Zero

Golden Sun tease

Animal Crossing tease

Metroid tease

BY2K

Membero Americo
In his underwear.

Could you imagine Ganon's reaction to that?

Ganon: "Okay, so this kid is probably gonna arrive in a few hours, armed with that sword that kills evil and armored like..."
*See Link dashing straight at him, yelling, everything behind him on fire with a stick in his underwear*
Ganon: "What the fuuuuuuuuu---"

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Could you imagine Ganon's reaction to that?

Ganon: "Okay, so this kid is probably gonna arrive in a few hours, armed with that sword that kills evil and armored like..."
*See Link dashing straight at him, yelling, everything behind him on fire with a stick in his underwear*
Ganon: "What the fuuuuuuuuu---"

Only thing better would be a stick celery. Ya turkeys.

hqdefault.jpg

Top Bottom