• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Jennifer Scheurle? Now accused of preying on junior women in gaming (previously ran false hate campaign against Atari's Nolan Bushnell)

bender

What time is it?
TwoTerms69420
giphy.gif

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
That Nathan Grayson thing is so petty and narcissistic. "How dare someone disagree with MY opinions." I remember feeling that way (about non-political stuff in general) when I was maybe 12 years old. Then I grew up, realized I wasn't perfect or all-knowing, and accepted that different people are allowed to think differently than me (and that this is in fact a good thing).
The bolded to me is pretty much exactly what is wrong with all the people who are exactly like Grayson. Especially those coming out of college right now. Because they are being taught the exact opposite, not being questioned about their own beliefs, and not accepting others who have different opinions because those opinions are evil.

The indoctrination in Western Universities that is fostering this religious ideology (yes, I fully believe it is no different than zealous religious types) is truly a plague.

dcll

Banned
Obama would probably be considered alt right by some of the screechers and people now adays if you look at some of the stuff he did

Last edited:

Unknown?

Obama would probably be considered alt right by some of the screechers and people now adays if you look at some of the stuff he did
Especially when you go look at his 2008 campaign where he said literally the exact things Trump said.

Umbasaborne

Banned
What's lost on these loons like Nathan, is the fact that Colin is more than willing to let their voices be heard and debate and doesn't advocate for shutting them down.

Nathan if given the power, would deny Colin his voice and shut down anything by him (while likely calling him a fascist). And yet he'd never have the slightest bit of self-reflection to realize that his actions are true authoritarianism/fascism.
Exactly. Its easy for them to scream “RACIST, CANCEL HIM” and sick the twitter mob on folks but rarely do they have shit to back up their claims and when offered the chance to do so they curl up like scared babies. Me and colin dont have a lot of the same politics. But i still respect his voice and i respect that he listens to everyone

Shmunter

Here's the thing with these cunts (and these people are lying CUNTS, let us not mince words here). He wouldn't have the mental fortitude to go onto Colin's podcast and there is NO WAY he could defend what he has said as he is not smart enough and couldn't back up anything he says! Differing political views doesn't mean either side is wrong or right and in actual fact, who cares what someone believes in terms of politics?
No matter how many times Colin states his political views these lying cock suckers will continue to spout forth bullshit and then run and hide when confronted. Weak fuckers the lot of them. Saddest thing is no one within the industry will publicly stand up for Colin when shit like this is said yet, if it were said against someone like that fucker Brian Altano or Greg "best friends except for Colin Moriarty" Miller or ANY ONE of these faux liberal hacks then the industry would rally against pricks like that.
I often wonder what’s stopping organised counter cancel culture mobs from turning the tables on these evil fucks. Wouldn’t take much to accuse them of something vile and have it go viral by virtue of repetition and claim back ups.

Not wanting to get in the mud based on principle is the only thing that makes sense to me. It sure would be poetic to see however.

Umbasaborne

Banned
I often wonder what’s stopping organised counter cancel culture mobs from turning the tables on these evil fucks. Wouldn’t take much to accuse them of something vile and have it go viral by virtue of repetition and claim back ups.

Not wanting to get in the mud based on principle is the only thing that makes sense to me. It sure would be poetic to see however.
They are doing it to themselves now. They are so continously spewing bile that now that they’ve run out of easy targets (people who don’t prescribe to every belief they hold to the dot, actual sex offenders like harvey weinstein or bill cosby, actual racists) they are turning on each other. They need targets, and since theyve taken out most of their go to targets, they are taking out eachother. This is proof of that. Or worse trying to connect invisible dots to cancel people who dont deserve it ( like chris pratt)

Last edited:

MacReady13

I just noticed everyone's fav news break, that CUNT Jeff Grubb having a go at our very own David Jaffe over on twitter! Then Colin got involved to say he obviously backs up Jaffe and then Grubb got involved stating he doesn't like Colin! Colin told him he doesn't like him either but if he was ever interested in a chat, he is welcome to come on to his podcast for a chat. Grubb said he has better things to do than to go on Colin's podcast for a chat. Clearly given the opportunity to back up their false claims they go cowering BUT, given the opportunity to go onto say, Kinda Funny or an IGN podcast, they would easily find the time.
Cunts like Grubb and his ilk are why I despise the gaming media community (these people are NOT journalists) so much and normally, their involvement in our beloved industry wouldn't worry me BUT, their sway is changing the way games are being made. So fuck them all and more power to guys like Colin who is really the only honest person in games media right now and speaking the only honest truth.

Jadsey

I might have to look at Reeeee to see how they are twisting themselves inside out to deal with this….

I know I shouldn’t….but…I just can’t… help it…..

AAAAARRGHH…MY EYES!!!!!!

I still can't get over how these retards talk to each other.
"This is so badass and helpful", "So brave and beautiful", "Stay safe", "THIS IS NOT OK, OK?"
It's like a bunch of overgrowth mentally challenged toddlers constantly patting each other on the back and being afraid to use any non pre-filtered expression while communicating.
DO FUCKING BETTER!!!

bender

What time is it?
I just noticed everyone's fav news break, that CUNT Jeff Grubb having a go at our very own David Jaffe over on twitter! Then Colin got involved to say he obviously backs up Jaffe and then Grubb got involved stating he doesn't like Colin! Colin told him he doesn't like him either but if he was ever interested in a chat, he is welcome to come on to his podcast for a chat. Grubb said he has better things to do than to go on Colin's podcast for a chat. Clearly given the opportunity to back up their false claims they go cowering BUT, given the opportunity to go onto say, Kinda Funny or an IGN podcast, they would easily find the time.
Cunts like Grubb and his ilk are why I despise the gaming media community (these people are NOT journalists) so much and normally, their involvement in our beloved industry wouldn't worry me BUT, their sway is changing the way games are being made. So fuck them all and more power to guys like Colin who is really the only honest person in games media right now and speaking the only honest truth.

Links or screen grabs?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Links or screen grabs?

Twitter spat review: Colin had Grubb on the ropes before he pulled the "feeble mind" comment, which ended up having both parties look lame. Colin wins it if he treats woke Jeff Grubb like the child he is (kind of pat him on the head like he's not all there). Instead the vitriol exposed Colin's overly sensitive nature.

Last edited:
Grubb is an idiot and Colin talking to him would kill valuable brain cells.

Jeff's main value is making videos that can cure insomnia and being good at hiding his past offensive tweets that would not be viewed kindly by his allies.

Goalus

Grubb is an idiot and Colin talking to him would kill valuable brain cells.

Jeff's main value is making videos that can cure insomnia and being good at hiding his past offensive tweets that would not be viewed kindly by his allies.
That is so bad-ass and helpful.
Many people in this thread are hurting, and I wish to not bring any more harm to any of you, even though there is a lot to unpack here.
We should all do better!

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

Twitter spat review: Colin had Grubb on the ropes before he pulled the "feeble mind" comment, which ended up having both parties look lame. Colin wins it if he treats woke Jeff Grubb like the child he is (kind of pat him on the head like he's not all there). Instead the vitriol exposed Colin's overly sensitive nature.

Thank you for the recap. I can't stand Twitter's layout and I looked at Jaffe's, Grubb's and Colin's twitter and couldn't find anything. /old man yelling at clouds.

I've dunked on davidjaffe davidjaffe a lot on GAF but I do applaud his willingness to have a conversation. "Feeble mind" probably isn't the best form of communication but that's probably in frustration to Grubb's childish actions of "I don't like you" and "I'll misrepresent you and refuse to have a conversation to clear the air".

Vaelka

Seriously why are there politics in fucking video games industry? I mean wtf?

Ehm, actkwwqually EWVERYTHIN is politicwal.

A better question would probably be why are people in the NA industry ( and weirdly enough some EU people too ) so obsessed with NA politics everywhere.
EU and Eastern games do have political themes often times in their games too but generally it's moreso for world-building and to just make things more interesting.
It's not like some actual literal reference to real life politics that is currently happening and taking a stance on it.

There was a censored dialogue line in D2 Resurrected that I just found out about where they removed '' midget '' and they also changed a dwarf in one of the cinematics too.
WC3 Reforged also got a ton of lines censored and erased too.

d2r-censored-dialogue0tk1w.jpg

I used to say that people who can't tell the difference between real life and video games don't actually exist but I am convinced they do at this point.
Shit like this makes the worlds feel so much less alive and real, real life people that aren't terminally online aren't politically correct especially not '' gritty '' people.
I have a really hard time believing that Natalya would watch her words because she's afraid the Warrior who killed Andariel and Duriel might get upset because she said '' midget ''. It's just so obnoxious and kinda takes me out of it, especially when it's done afterwards like this it just makes the game world feel less real because it has been filtered by people who spend 15 hours a day on Twitter.

Some people just don't seem to actually understand that it's fantasy and just because a character says or does something offensive doesn't make it horrible in fact often times it can add more believability to the world because it's how actual real people talk.
Same with sex jokes etc, censoring all of that just makes it feel so artifical and not real.

I really dunno wtf is wrong with the NA side of the industry, and I don't see it getting any better.
And speaking out against it will just be turned into you being the bad guy I can kinda understand why people don't do it because they don't want to deal with the blowback.
But it's extremely obnoxious and I think ultimately makes games worse and more artifical.

Last edited:

Doomtrain

The crazy thing with the journalist clique's hate-boner for Colin is that his politics are pretty socially progressive. I think he identifies as Libertarian overall, but I'd be hard-pressed to find any specific viewpoint he has that would piss anyone off.

Rikkori

Thank you for the recap. I can't stand Twitter's layout and I looked at Jaffe's, Grubb's and Colin's twitter and couldn't find anything. /old man yelling at clouds.

I've dunked on davidjaffe davidjaffe a lot on GAF but I do applaud his willingness to have a conversation. "Feeble mind" probably isn't the best form of communication but that's probably in frustration to Grubb's childish actions of "I don't like you" and "I'll misrepresent you and refuse to have a conversation to clear the air".
Don't feel bad for him, he's enabled this kind of behaviour and environment and still actively promotes it. When we explain to him exactly how this comes about as a result of wokeism he's all too happy to be one all the same. Some people just can't be saved.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The crazy thing with the journalist clique's hate-boner for Colin is that his politics are pretty socially progressive. I think he identifies as Libertarian overall, but I'd be hard-pressed to find any specific viewpoint he has that would piss anyone off.

Its a cult mentality. Plain and simple.

I'm sure if pressed they'd find it hard to argue that the vehemence with which they hate people of different political persuasions proves their commitment to and worthyness of their cause. Its hard to dismiss the perception that such a reaction makes the person seem small-minded and intolerant.

But they don't get to that stage because their default position is that infidels and apostates aren't worth speaking to.

Last edited:

Vaelka

The bolded to me is pretty much exactly what is wrong with all the people who are exactly like Grayson. Especially those coming out of college right now. Because they are being taught the exact opposite, not being questioned about their own beliefs, and not accepting others who have different opinions because those opinions are evil.

The indoctrination in Western Universities that is fostering this religious ideology (yes, I fully believe it is no different than zealous religious types) is truly a plague.

I think this has a lot more to do with being terminally online and mixed in with the fact that a lot of people like Grayson as well as game developers live in a bubble with other people that are also terminally online.
They basically never interact with average people.
The same thing goes with a lot of Youtubers too it doesn't really matter much if they're on the left or the right, if you basically live online and everyone you know also does then you get a very skewed view of reality.
It doesn't help that a lot of people enjoy the drama and fighting too, so it's a lot easier and more fun for people ( not to mention gets more clicks ) to act like anyone who thinks political correctness exists is an alt-right maniac and that anyone who holds progressive social values is some sex-negative and communist maniac.
Like even stuff as whether you like/ is okay with sexualized content is dumbed down to some '' alt-right vs communist '' bullshit, people approach these things with the mentality of a toddler where things are just totally black and white.

Like recently I saw FFXIV get labelled '' woke '' because of supposed criticism of capitalism in the narrative.
Being critical of excessive capitalism is actually pretty normal on the right too, capitalism taken to some cartoonish levels isn't popular amongst basically anyone but it basically gets dumbed down to '' capitalism bad/ good '' depending on which '' side ''.
By that standard right-wing boogeymen like Ben Shapiro would be '' woke '', to some extent even Trump.
Which is kinda sad because there actually is A LOT of common ground that isn't met because people are so bogged down in the culture war and with dehumanizing each other.

Last edited:

CGiRanger

Banned
Its a cult mentality. Plain and simple.

I'm sure if pressed they'd find it hard to argue that the vehemence with which they hate people of different political persuasions proves their commitment to and worthyness of their cause. Its hard to dismiss the perception that such a reaction makes the person seem small-minded and intolerant.

But they don't get to that stage because their default position is that infidels and apostates aren't worth speaking to.
If you’re not in the cult, you’re wrong, bigot.

What is really nuts is that, iirc, the whole thing that kicked off the cliques hate-boner for Colin was just something along the lines of a "Woman! Go make me a sandwich!" type joking tweet. And that's all it took for them to kick him out and cut off his previous ties.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
What is really nuts is that, iirc, the whole thing that kicked off the cliques hate-boner for Colin was just something along the lines of a "Woman! Go make me a sandwich!" type joking tweet. And that's all it took for them to kick him out and cut off his previous ties.
They always wanted him out, even he wanted out, they just needed the excuse. They finally got it. All a bunch of bitchmade posers.

East of Odessa

Neo Member
Scheurle, truly a voice of the woke industry at its core.

Still, this was a surprise. Never have I seen such a shining light of hypocrisy in these times.

Did any outlets even cover this?

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman

They didn't like Colin well before that. The cult needed an excuse to ostracize him and they picked a harmless tweet to do it.

If you're constantly shitting on cool aid the people of Jonestown are eventually going to ask you to leave.

Top Bottom