• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember to root for Illinois tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Odoul

Let's hope they slaughter the Rats tonight. Illinois comes in with a virgin win streak for the mighty SPARTANS to ruin, and Wisconsin gets taken down a peg on national TV. What could be better?

NLB2

Banned
Eh, you should be rooting for Wisconsin. Spartans fans should hope that the Illini's confidence gets knocked down a notch. Either way, this game is gonna be great! Can't wait to see Wisconsin's home winning streak end.

Seth C

I'll keep rooting for Illinois until fucking Duke plays a real team and loses. Of course, they never have to play anyone on the road, and all their tough ACC games are at the end of the season so it'll be a while.

crumbs

As a UW alum, I cannot help but be disturbed by this thread. How can anyone root against this:

badger_bucky_03_12_04_12f.jpg

Bucky helps senior citizens have a good, wholesome time at Wisconsin sporting events. Hardly something a rat would do.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Bucky is good old-fashioned nightmare material! Give me a guy in an Indian getup that gets booed any day!

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
Seth C said:
I'll keep rooting for Illinois until fucking Duke plays a real team and loses. Of course, they never have to play anyone on the road, and all their tough ACC games are at the end of the season so it'll be a while.

How wrong you were.

Losing to the Terps at home...that's pretty bad.

NLB2

Banned
Eminem said:
How wrong you were.

Losing to the Terps at home...that's pretty bad.
Yeah, its awesome how every team that "should be ahead of Illinois" loses while Illinois keeps on winning tough game after tough game.

marko

We need a college basketball thread.

Always like seeing Duke lose at home, well, not the team or the coach, but the fans. Like they just can't believe they lost, although they rarely do to give them credit.

Seth C

NLB2 said:
Yeah, its awesome how every team that "should be ahead of Illinois" loses while Illinois keeps on winning tough game after tough game.

Uhhh...no way should Duke be ahead of Illinois. Who said that? Duke this year is a Top 10-15 team, realistically. They just hadn't played anyone.

Eminem

goddamit, Griese!
yeah, this actually is one of Duke's "down" years. yeah, around the top 10 and still a down year. nuts. still wouldn't surprise me to see them make a run in the tourney and make the elite 8.

but yeah, NC is widely considered a better team than Illinois, and maybe even Wake too, but they can't possibly be ranked ahead of Illinois as long as they keep winning.

NLB2

Banned
Eminem said:
yeah, this actually is one of Duke's "down" years. yeah, around the top 10 and still a down year. nuts. still wouldn't surprise me to see them make a run in the tourney and make the elite 8.

but yeah, NC is widely considered a better team than Illinois, and maybe even Wake too, but they can't possibly be ranked ahead of Illinois as long as they keep winning.
What kind of a numb nut moron would put Wake ahead of the Illini? They'd either have to Alzheimer's or cerebral palsy to say Wake is better than Illinois. Who can forget that 18 point destruction earlier in the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom